PDA

View Full Version : Hulk: Future Imperfect

bachman
03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Holy Shit that was good.

SPOILER!!!!!!

So, the Hulk may have "made" himself by sending The Maestro back in time (right next to the gamma bomb) so that when it exploded the Maestro's DNA and biological "stuff" got into Bruce Banner?

chrisfasowned
03-01-2008, 12:48 PM
paradox?

bachman
03-01-2008, 12:54 PM
paradox?

Pair of what?... socks?

modungo
03-01-2008, 12:58 PM
And man, doesn't that book look great? Maybe my favorite George Perez work that isn't COIE.

Gavin
03-01-2008, 01:32 PM
That is one great Hulk story. And Perez was in top form.

Kefky
03-01-2008, 02:38 PM
My personal favorite Hulk story of all time. Makes everything in Pak's run look like shit too.

markgrayson
03-01-2008, 02:53 PM
My personal favorite Hulk story of all time. Makes everything in Pak's run look like shit too.

Tells us what you really think about Pak.

Kefky
03-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Tells us what you really think about Pak.

He's a pretty good writer.

Hah! Betcha didn't see that comin', did ya? :cool:

Matt Jay
03-01-2008, 03:26 PM
SPOILER!!!!!!

So, the Hulk may have "made" himself by sending The Maestro back in time (right next to the gamma bomb) so that when it exploded the Maestro's DNA and biological "stuff" got into Bruce Banner?

That's not how I understood it. In fact, Maestro made a later appearance because the bomb didn't really kill him, but I feel that story bastardizes Future Imperfect, so it's best left ignored.

changingshades
03-02-2008, 02:28 PM
One of my favorite hulk stories ever

joeAR
03-02-2008, 02:30 PM
I bought/read Future Imperfect at WWChi07 for the first time. Amazing story and amazing art. Loved everything about it. My favorite Hulk story.

Michael Blacklist
03-02-2008, 02:30 PM
One of my favorite hulk stories ever

One of my favorites as well, and actually the very first Hulk story I ever read. Hell, I think it was the first Peter David book I ever read, too.

changingshades
03-02-2008, 05:22 PM
One of my favorites as well, and actually the very first Hulk story I ever read. Hell, I think it was the first Peter David book I ever read, too.

wow

I don't know if I could have done that since a lot of PAD's other books aren't as good as FI

not a knock on him since he's one of my favorites,but yeah

NeverWanderer
03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I this story was just rereleased in a new collection, wasn't it...?

I'm thinking I'd like to finally read it.

ZombieSpeedball
03-02-2008, 05:33 PM
So it's like whatever comic it was that said Barry Allen went back in time as the lightning that gave him his powers?

Mike McNeely
03-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Read it for the first time last night. Wow! So awesome!

adam_warlock_2099
03-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Excellent stuff. So it was WWH back in the 90's. And in two affordable square bound issues.

Seriously, I didn't read WWH. Just my impression from what I read here.

Kefky
03-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Excellent stuff. So it was WWH back in the 90's. And in two affordable square bound issues.

Seriously, I didn't read WWH. Just my impression from what I read here.

How do you think both stories are similar?

adam_warlock_2099
03-02-2008, 07:20 PM
How do you think both stories are similar?

Like I said I didn't read WWH. But my impression of his going "ballastic" on the world, was much what Maestro told Hulk he was going to become. That it was ineviatble that our Hulk would become him.

Again, I didn't read WWH, just the words and impressions from the boarders here.

ForkDolphin
03-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Looks like this is collected together with Hulk: The End. Was that any good?

Kefky
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Looks like this is collected together with Hulk: The End. Was that any good?

That's my OTHER favorite Hulk story. Seriously, both of those stories are the Hulk at its best. If you haven't read them, buy it.

changingshades
03-02-2008, 07:55 PM
That's my OTHER favorite Hulk story. Seriously, both of those stories are the Hulk at its best. If you haven't read them, buy it.

you ever read the novel What Savage Beast by PAD? It takes off from Hulk 425 and goes in an alternate direction and is amazing and the best Hulk story ever

NeverWanderer
03-02-2008, 07:57 PM

Sold. :)

I love me some good Hulk.

(btw, Halfway through Bruce Jones's run now, and it hasn't gotten batfuck crazy yet... Well, I mean, it's gotten pretty bizarre, but none of it is difficult to understand. I wonder why people were so put off by it...)

Kefky
03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
you ever read the novel What Savage Beast by PAD? It takes off from Hulk 425 and goes in an alternate direction and is amazing and the best Hulk story ever

I've been meaning to read that story. I actually started a thread here about the whole thing with Betty's pregnancy a while back when I was re-reading PAD's run, and somebody told me about the book. PAD writes some great novels, so I'm sure it's good. I'll get around to reading it eventually.

I AM GROOT!
03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Future Imperfect (hell, any Peter David Hulk) was great. Somewhat off-topic, though, has anyone read any of the Rampaging Hulk comics from way back when (the sci-fi-related ones, not the spin-off Hulk title from several years ago)? There's an Essential book coming out that was listed in the newest Previews, and I was thinking about picking it up but wasn't sure if it was any good.

changingshades
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I've been meaning to read that story. I actually started a thread here about the whole thing with Betty's pregnancy a while back when I was re-reading PAD's run, and somebody told me about the book. PAD writes some great novels, so I'm sure it's good. I'll get around to reading it eventually.

I cannot recommend it enough. He does stuff that you know editorial wouldn't have let him do in the book, basically making Hulk a creator owned book and it was just amazing. I'd recommend reading it as soon as possible

changingshades
03-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Future Imperfect (hell, any Peter David Hulk) was great. Somewhat off-topc, though, has anyone read any of the Rampaging Hulk comics from way back when (the sci-fi-related ones, not the spin-off Hulk title from several years ago)? There's an Essential book coming out that was listed in the newest Previews, and I was thinking about picking it up but wasn't sure if it was any good.

No, can't say I have. if you pick it up and let me know if any good

I AM GROOT!
03-02-2008, 08:04 PM
No, can't say I have. if you pick it up and let me know if any good

Will do. Honestly, I was probably going to pick it up anyway, even if I go in without any informed opinions, and I figure it's cheap enough where it won't kill me budget-wise. But, definitely will let you know how it is.

NeverWanderer
03-02-2008, 10:44 PM

I remember that book came out back when Marvel was doing their big novel continuity push.

There were some great books to come out of that... I was sad when they stopped making them. :(

Never read the Hulk one, though.... Wasn't it from his Pantheon days...? I'm sort of wary of that era. You know... mushroom and all...

changingshades
03-03-2008, 07:09 AM
I remember that book came out back when Marvel was doing their big novel continuity push.

There were some great books to come out of that... I was sad when they stopped making them. :(

Never read the Hulk one, though.... Wasn't it from his Pantheon days...? I'm sort of wary of that era. You know... mushroom and all...

mushroom?

it was right after the end of the Pantheon days

when Hulk turned to Banner when he got too mad.

Stephen MayerMayNot
03-03-2008, 07:28 AM
The Hulk: The End HC definitely should have been Hulk: Future Imperfect because it lead off the hardcover, and reading them back to back for the first time Future Imperfect left a far greater impact on me than The End, which I'd been dying to read, but could never find.

My favorite Imperfect scene was in Rick Jones' HQ, the splash page of the trophy room and just picking up all the detail that Perez put into it.