PDA

View Full Version : Michael Savage

smm EBob
02-29-2008, 01:01 PM
ok so i recently found "Savage Nation" on a local radio station and i cannot believe this guy is still on the air. i read about him online and have seen some cnn interviews and a fight he had with charles barkley and i dont understand why he has fans. are you telling me there are people still this closed minded in the world? i dont understand!

Taxman
02-29-2008, 01:02 PM
are you telling me there are people still this closed minded in the world? Yes . . . yes I am.

CPA
02-29-2008, 01:03 PM
ok so i recently found "Savage Nation" on a local radio station and i cannot believe this guy is still on the air. i read about him online and have seen some cnn interviews and a fight he had with charles barkley and i dont understand why he has fans. are you telling me there are people still this closed minded in the world? i dont understand!

Just because there are people that do not share the same world view as you does not mean they are close minded.

Fake Pat
02-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Just because there are people that do not share the same world view as you does not mean they are close minded.

No, but if they share the same world view as Savage it does make them complete assholes.

And probably close-minded.

(also, awesome fact about "Savage". His real last name is Wiener. true story.)

dako
02-29-2008, 01:09 PM
(also, awesome fact about "Savage". His real last name is Wiener. true story.)

Is that pronounced "wee-ner" or "whiner"? :)

Mr. E!
02-29-2008, 01:12 PM

Yes. Either pronunciation is absolutely accurate and valid

Jason California
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o145/JasonSantana/MichaelSavage.jpg
Noun: nutjob

1. A person who is regarded as eccentric or mad
- nutter [Brit], wacko, whacko, whackjob [N. Amer], basket case, nutcake [US], nutbar [N. Amer]

Fake Pat

I think when you're talking about him somehow it's pronounced both ways at the same time.

Ray G.
Now this is a revolting human being right here.

RebootedCorpse
02-29-2008, 01:13 PM
If Ann Coulter had a vagina, he'd be Michael Savage.

Taxman
02-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Just because there are people that do not share the same world view as you does not mean they are close minded.It is not embracing the message, but embracing the message delivery which makes one close minded.

Ray G.
02-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Also fascinating, this douche was born Jewish, but is now a raging anti-semite who constantly uses Jewish names to represent "liberals".

Jason California
02-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Also fascinating, this douche was born Jewish, but is now a raging anti-semite who constantly uses Jewish names to represent "liberals".

He loves his dogs just like Hitler too !

Taxman
02-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Also fascinating, this douche was born Jewish, but is now a raging anti-semite who constantly uses Jewish names to represent "liberals".:lol:

Ray G.
02-29-2008, 01:24 PM
My mother listens to him almost every night so she can get on the phone and tell her friends just how horrible he is. So I'm very familiar with him.

Brad N.
02-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Michael Wiener (Wee-ner) is a complete assfuck. There is a difference between having a different viewpoint and listening to a racist, homophobic, asshole like Wiener. I may not agree with people like George Will and Sean Hannity but I wouldn't think people who like them are crazy or racists in the way I do fans of Savage Nation.

smm EBob
02-29-2008, 03:50 PM
the other day on his show he was talking about the oscars and how all the winning movies glorified "murderers, rapists, pimps, and whores" and "unwed mothers" and on you tube he told a gay person on air that "i hope you get aids and die".

Mattman
02-29-2008, 04:02 PM
on you tube he told a gay person on air that "i hope you get aids and die".
The one time I got through on his show (we're talking over ten years ago at this point) he said the same thing to me. I'm not gay, but he assumed I was because I called him out when he said they needed to form a lynch party to go after Ellen Degeneres back when she came out of the closet.

Amos Moses
02-29-2008, 04:29 PM

According to wiki he's a hardcore Zionist....

smm EBob
02-29-2008, 04:57 PM
The one time I got through on his show (we're talking over ten years ago at this point) he said the same thing to me. I'm not gay, but he assumed I was because I called him out when he said they needed to form a lynch party to go after Ellen Degeneres back when she came out of the closet.

that reminds me. whenever ellens wife said something at an awards show about them being married he said that was "disgusting" and shouldnt be aired in front of kids

Mattman
02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
that reminds me. whenever ellens wife said something at an awards show about them being married he said that was "disgusting" and shouldnt be aired in front of kids
Yeah, what made me call him in the first place was when he said all gay youth should kill themselves and spare us another generation of degenerates.

Say what you will about us liberal-folk but there's no way we have anything even remotely as disgusting as this piece of shit in our camp.

sonnylarue
02-29-2008, 05:05 PM
he's a special kind of asshole

Mattman
02-29-2008, 05:09 PM
he's a special kind of asshole
The kind that needs to be plugged up with a spike-studded dildo.

Taxman
03-01-2008, 08:10 AM
According to wiki he's a hardcore Zionist....Maybe he's an Antisemitic Zionist.

modungo
03-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Besides he's crappy politics he also has the LEAST appealing voice I have ever heard on the radio. I would rather hear a recording of nursing home farts than this guys voice. Also he just seems to talk shit that is complete unresearched and untrue. I heard him talking about Robert Downey Jr a couple weeks ago and the shit was saying was completely out of date. It was like since this guy hadn't payed attention for the last 5 years then nothing must have happened.

Allgold
03-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I thought the guy's show was pretty entertaining. Entertaining in a way of "what's this guy gonna say next?" He did have valid points against the current administration, (and far-left liberals) and wasn't a pro Bush/Republican...as if there isn't enough of those on the radio. He was a "shock" type host, and I think he was kicked off the air here. During the summertime his show was always interupted by the Cubs broadcast *which is an infinite ammount superior*, and now he has been replaced by some pro Bush/Republican snoozefest host Lars Larson.

And what's really the difference of what this guy says compared to someone like Stern? They both are in the business to say outlandish, sometimes stupid shit.

And if I remember right, his "I hope you get aids and die" comment was the reason his TV show got cancelled.

Allgold
03-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Besides he's crappy politics he also has the LEAST appealing voice I have ever heard on the radio. I would rather hear a recording of nursing home farts than this guys voice. Also he just seems to talk shit that is complete unresearched and untrue. I heard him talking about Robert Downey Jr a couple weeks ago and the shit was saying was completely out of date. It was like since this guy hadn't payed attention for the last 5 years then nothing must have happened.

That's just about my exact feeling about what I heard from every host on Air America. Before it went off the air.

David Aspmo
03-01-2008, 10:06 AM
That's just about my exact feeling about what I heard from every host on Air America. Before it went off the air.
Air America is still on the air. Maybe not where you are, but it's still going.

And while Al Franken may not have had the most... conventional radio voice, he certainly was well informed and he did know what he was talking about. And Sam Seder and Marc Maron both improved dramatically in all respects relative to when they started (of course, none of these three still have a regular, weekday show on Air America anymore, but still...)

David Aspmo

Ray G.
03-01-2008, 10:22 AM
According to wiki he's a hardcore Zionist....

He likes to boast that "there is no greater friend of the Jewish people than me" and then scream that "Madeline Albright the brisket lady" was running the Clinton White House.

He's a very strange, very sick man.

SethInAz
03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
He likes to boast that "there is no greater friend of the Jewish people than me" and then scream that "Madeline Albright the brisket lady" was running the Clinton White House.

He's a very strange, very sick man.

He doesn't rail on Jewish people because they are Jewish, he rails on them because they are by and large very liberal. Doesn't make him anti-semitic.

modungo
03-01-2008, 11:50 AM

OK. Relevance? Or is this one of those Marvel vs DC things? Like if the company you get your self worth from publishes a shitty comic, it is somehow made ok if you can name a comic published by the other sucks as bad.

And what's really the difference of what this guy says compared to someone like Stern?
Well he is funnier than Stern. But then again so is the weather channel.