PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Legacy was pretty cool.

Criden
02-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Followed up on Messiah Complex well. I dug the JRJR art, and the last page was very cool, and set up an interesting dynamic (especially in juxtaposition to what things have been like between them in the very recent past).

Ryan F
02-28-2008, 07:36 AM
I enjoyed it too. As I said in the bought/thought, the flashback portions were like the X-Men version of Joe Casey's "Earth's Mightiest Heroes."

Criden
02-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I saw that you'd said that--good observation. I thought the character on the last page was handled perfectly--especially their dialogue. That's exactly how I imagine them to talk.

PhoenixFactor
02-28-2008, 11:41 AM
I just read this. I really enjoyed it. Carey is the perfect writer for this book. He has the continuity down and i'm not at all concerned of how he might chose to twist it. The art was great. Christina Strain did an amazing job with the colors in the memorys.

jason hissong
02-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Carey is an amazing writer. I'm working my way through his Hellblazer run right now.

I need to get the Supernovas OHC.

Ray G.
02-28-2008, 11:43 AM
The last page assured that this is the one X-men book I will be sticking with for the foreseeable future.

jason hissong
02-28-2008, 11:45 AM
The last page assured that this is the one X-men book I will be sticking with for the foreseeable future.

Spoilers?

daveoneill
02-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Agreed. He was inevitably going to show up.

niceguyeddie
02-28-2008, 11:47 AM
it was in fact rather interesting.
i picked it up on a lark.

daveoneill
Spoilers?

Magneto

Albert
I liked it a whole lot. JRJR did more pages than I expected, which was a cool treat. It was a JRJRiffic day! That last page reveal was neat (though I probably should have guessed it given the solicitations) and I think we should continue to not mention what it was so people who haven't read the comic can be frustrated.

EDIT: Damn you, daveoneill!

daveoneill
02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry!

changingshades
02-28-2008, 12:01 PM
It was okay. I know what they were trying for, but the flashbacks didn't seem to do anything but take up space for me. Y'know what it felt like to me? Uncanny 304.
Xavier going through a lot of introspection after a major happening. I'll give it a few more issues but I was underwhelmed

Foggy's Pal
02-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I questioned picking this one up, but I'm thrilled I did. Art was superb. Dialogue was smooth. Story intriguing. Great ending. What more can you ask?

If Young X is good, I will be picking up 4 X titles- most in a long time.

Jason California
02-28-2008, 05:23 PM
How much of this takes place in Xaviers mind?

Is the story ...

Xavier trying to recover his memories after Bishop blowing his brains out and you the reader experiencing the past through Xaviers mind as he gets them back?

Pat Loika
02-28-2008, 05:33 PM
How much of this takes place in Xaviers mind?

Is the story ...

Xavier trying to recover his memories after Bishop blowing his brains out and you the reader experiencing the past through Xaviers mind as he gets them back?

You pretty much nailed it.

P.

Jason California
02-28-2008, 05:35 PM
You pretty much nailed it.

P.

Cool. thanks.

Pat Loika
02-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Cool. thanks.

I wonder how long Romita's staying on this book for, though. I'd love it if he did the flashbacks for the entire run.

Criden
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I wonder how long Romita's staying on this book for, though. I'd love it if he did the flashbacks for the entire run.

Me too. His penciled the proverbial shit out of the his pages in the book.

Pat Loika
02-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Me too. His penciled the proverbial shit out of the his pages in the book.

And this may be Scott Eaton's best stuff, too.

I really love this book.

Carey really knows these characters, and it shows in every single word he writes.

P.

Jason California
02-28-2008, 05:48 PM

THat would be really cool. I am hoping that the way AMS is set up it gives him enough lead time to do so.Plus he has a while yet before his first arc on the books starts up. How many pages were done by him?

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
02-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Sadly, I didn't end up enjoying this nearly as much I thought I would. I dunno, mybe I expected too much, but this just didn't work for me. I was kinda looking forward to the direction change of this book, but well, while I like the concept and the storytelling possibilities, the writing of this issue pretty much put me to sleep. Very bland dialogue, and no interesting ideas presented either. Now maybe it's building to something, and I'll give it another couple issues to see, but I can't see I expect much after this issue. The beautiful Eaton art impressed the fuck out of me, but great art's not enough to keep me reading. Overall, I was severely disappointed. Hopefully future issues will turn me around though.

Pat Loika
02-28-2008, 05:52 PM
THat would be really cool. I am hoping that the way AMS is set up it gives him enough lead time to do so.Plus he has a while yet before his first arc on the books starts up. How many pages were done by him?

Don't have the book near me, but I'm sure he did about 8 or more?

wes
02-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I have to say I wasn't too sure about this book, before I read it.

After reading it, I have changed my opinion on the book. The exploration of the past was a lot more interesting than I taught. The art by John Romita Jnr. and Scott Eaton was brilliant.

Looking forward to next months issue.