PDA

View Full Version : Benbo DC/Marvel Fantasy League Tie-Breaker Match: Legion X vs. Team Chronos

GrandeMaestro Fünke
02-25-2008, 01:20 PM
For the playoffs the format of the match has been changed to mission based rather then a goal. Just like the regular season PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST STRATEGEY, NOT YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS. Here's the mission for this week:
Hydra has gotten hold of a Sinestro Corps ring and has captured a time displaced Doc Magnus to replicate it’s abilities. Your mission is to free Doc Magnus and retrieve the Sinestro Corps. To protect the ring Hydra has hired Deadpool, Agent X, Taskmaster, Detective Chimp, Lobo, Plastic Man, and Jamie Madrox to protect the ring. Pick five members of your team to accomplish your mission, and do not use the ring.

The teams:

Atom Eve, Electro, Fusion, Invisible Woman, and Mysterio

Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers), Shadowcat, Speed, and Superboy, Vision,

Strategies:

Right just for reference the team for this is going to be Mysterio, Eve, Electro Fusion with Sue acting as team leader.

We’re going to go for something to set off a bit of a panic first. We’re going to find an air vent (Sue’s powers should be able to get us past any gates or doors along with Eve’s flying ability if we can’t find one outside). Mysterio’s going to pump his mist through the air vent and it’ll have a knock out gas property (which he’s used on Spider-man many, many times). Now if this knocks out everyone in the complex then that’s peacey. The only ones I see as unaffected are Deadpool, Agent X and Lobo (I bet he eats knockout gas for breakfast). While we’re here Electro can look for (and hopefully find) an power box and he can then short out all the electricals inside the building to further confuse matters.

Assuming the gas doesn’t work or enough Hydra Agents are able to get some gas mask in time to cause a bother here’s the second stage of the plan. Assuming we had to go inside we’re going to go outside and Sue is going to make Electro, Fusion and herself invisible. Beck’s going to project a holographic image over himself so he looks like a Hydra agent and he’ll have false documents prepared while Eve slips on a pair of handcuffs (keep your mind clean Ray).

We’re going to walk up right to the front door with a disguised Mysterio dragging Eve like a prisoner. Since there will be so much panic over the gas that they’ll look too closely, if they do Fusion can always persuade them to let us pass.

This is how we’re getting to the lab with Doc Magnus. Eve is being brought in as an ‘unknown entity’. Mysterio has enough acting experience to know not to break character and sue and Fusion will easily avoid any wandering Hydra Agent in the halls. Electro might get a bit cocky but Sue can keep an eye on him (she can see people she’s made invisible in black and white).

So we go to the lab and assuming they’re all alive and kicking and not unconscious (which would be nice) we come across the group protecting the ring and Doc Magnus.

It’s hard to say who would be guarding the door and I won’t make assumptions so we’ll do the same trick we’ve been doing all along. Except if Lobo or Deadpool is outside Fusion is going to tell Lobo of a new bar on Neptune and Deadpool about some bargain basement Bea Arthur tickets.

Lobo’s not especially intelligent so this should work on him and Deadpool’s too in love with Bea to care whether this is a lie or not. I fully expect both men to exit but if they don’t well I’m screwed.

Nah if they don’t then the jug is up and Fusion’s mind control hasn’t taken place. Eve will promptly make her hand cuffs melt and we’ll do a good old fashion big battle as Sue remains invisible and sneaks inside (using Mysterio’s smoke as additional cover) to get into the lab and grab the doc and the ring. She’ll then plant a hologram Mysterio gave her earlier which will project an image of the Doc and the ring so no one notices they’re gone. Mysterio will then replace all the real members of the team with holograms and hopefully the smoke, holograms and Sue making us all invisible again will give us time to get out with the Doc and the ring.

Assuming the mind control does work here’s our exit strategy. Beck’s going to accompany Eve inside as she melts her handcuffs as whenever the opportunity arises. She’ll then touch a nearby console and set it on fire. The ones guarding the Doc and the ring will be so busy putting out the flames that they won’t notice Sue grabbing the doc and the ring and replacing them with the hologram as above. Mysterio will then fill the room with his green smoke which will allow the team to get out using the darkness, the fire and Sue’s invisibility to their advantage.

Just call us Storm’s 5!

“Mission: Hydra and the Sinestro Ring”

Upon hearing of HYDRA’s plans to duplicate a Sinestro Ring and their kidnapping of Doctor Magnus, Marvel Girl assembles her team (Superboy, Vision, Shadowcat, and Speed) for the risky rescue mission that awaits them.

Using her expert tracking skills, from her days as a “hound”, she locates the HYDRA facility by tracking down Doctor Magnus’ “scent”. Upon arrival to the facility, Vision changes his form to that of a Hydra agent. Using her powers, Rachel does the same to everyone else’s uniforms. Shadowcat then phases them all, quietly into the facility. Except Vision, who phases himself into the facility. Using her astral form, Rachel is able to walk around the facility unnoticed unless she wants to be noticed. She is also able to go threw doors and walls by tapping into the minds of those inside the rooms. Using this ability, along with some mild mind tampering to make people ignore the four visible ones, the team is able to search all of the HYDRA rooms and labs for Magnus and the ring.

Rachel and her team locate the room with Magnus and the ring. She discovers that the two are being guarding by a large number of mercenaries. “What’s wrong?” Shadowcat asks. Rachel begins to speak “Magnus is surrounded by seven mercs. Now, I recognize them from Vision’s files so we can prepare, but I should have known this wasn’t going to be easy. So here’s the plan . . .”

Returning to the door, Vision interfaces with the system and opens the door. Just as they begin to enter the room, they are nearly nailed by a hail of bullets. “Oh crap,” Speed cries, “they knew we were here the whole time!” Rachel quickly throws up a telekinetic shield to protect everyone. “What do we do now, boss?” Shadowcat asks? “We follow the plan!” Rachel shouts back.

Vision becomes phases threw the wall, then become diamond hard to protect himself from the bullets. Shadowcat phases herself, Speed, and Marvel Girl into the ground. And Superboy joins Vision in assaulting their attackers. Vision hits Lobo with a solar blast as Superboy begins to grapple with Deadpool. Jamie Madrox begins to start snapping his fingers to produce some dupes . . . only to discover that he can’t. “What the . . ., my powers aren’t working?!!” “Oh yes” a voice says “you have ME to thank for that!” He spins around to see Rachel, Speed, and Kitty emerging from the ground behind him. “I’ve telepathically blocked your access to your powers. It’s a useful ability, it even works on innate mutations” She then levels him with a mindblast. “Speed! Go free Doc Magnus, and get the ring. Kitty! You know what to do!!” Kitty then phases back into the ground.

“Now Vision, as we planned!!!” Rachel barks. Vision then phases a fist inside of Lobo chest and solidifies it enough to render Lobo immobile. “Okay, Kitty, NOW!” Kitty’s hand appears from underground and drags Lobo under. She drags him farther and farther and farther and then let’s go and phases her way back to the surface. “Are you sure he’ll survive that?” Kitty asks uneasily. “Yes Kitty. I’m positive.” Rachel answers rather unconvincingly.

Speed zigzags around all the ruckus and fights and makes his way to Rings’ encasement and uses his second ability to destroy it. “Oh, I’m so glad to see you, but you are all in grave dang—” “Yeah? What else is new?!” Speed interjects as he picks up Dr. Magnus and speeds over to the Ring’s encasement and does the same. He then grabs the ring and makes to put it on “Wait! Whatever you do, DO NOT USE THAT RING!!!” Dr. Magnus cries!! Speed looks at him, shrugs it off, pockets the ring and speeds back over to Kitty. Who has her hands full with the Plastic Man.
“Connor!! Tommy!! We could use some help over here!!!” Rachel cries as she continues to hold up her telekinetic shield protecting both herself and a downed Vision. from the attacking Taskmaster. “Connor, I told you the plan! Why haven’t you done it yet!!!” Connor glances over at her, before hitting Deadpool with another heat vision blast . . . “I don’t know how much damage this guy can take! What if I go too far?” he shouts. “Dammit Connor, I don’t care if you don’t know. I do know, so just do it and help me out!!!” she shouts. And at that Connor grabs ahold of both of Deadpool’s arms breaking them in multiple places, as Deadpool shouts in agony or surprise, Connor uses his heat vision to slice open Deadpool’s throat, leaving Deadpool immobilized in a pool of blood. “Sorry.” Connor whispers before speeding over to Rachel’s aide.

“Ummm, who are you supposed to be?” Kitty asks the strange man in red spandex. “I’m the Plastic Man, dollface. And why don’t you and I just forget all this ridiculous espionage stuff and go have some . . . fun.” He propositions. Kitty, with a grimace, responds “Um, yeah. I have a boyfriend and I’m sorry but I think our conversation is over.” “Oh yeah, why is that? Is your boyfriend behind me or somethin’?” he replies. “Not Quite.” Speed then speeds by, grabbing one of Plastic Man’s arms and stretching it over to a large pole before tying it there. He repeats this with the other arm and both legs.
“Thanks Tommy! Let’s go help Rach!”

Superboy and Rachel are able to overtake Taskmaster using his brute strength and her psychic skill. Marvel Girl then turns to Detective Chimp, who has been rather quite this whole time, and says “Well, aren’t you going to do something other than sit there and smoke?” “Listen love, all I was bloody PAID to do was to sit here and bloody smoke, so I intend to do my job valiantly. You should do the same!” he replies and walks away smoking. Rachel looks around, as they are joined by Speed and Kitty, and notices something odd. “Um, we’ve been making a hell of a lot of noise so where are all the HYDRA agents we’ve seen? And why aren’t they all baring down on us, I can’t sense any of them.” “That’s what I was trying to tell THEM,” Doc Magnus says pointing at the defeated mercs, “I tried to tell them that the ring is a fake! I didn’t design that thing. This whole thing is a trap!!” They all stare at him flabbergasted because they know it’s true. And behind them, someone laughs.

They turn around to see a monitor with Madame Hydra, seated on her throne, laughing at them. “HAHAHA, I was wondering how long it would take you idiots to figure it out. For a team with an Android, A Psychic, and highly gifted alien, you are all rather pathetic. You fell right into my web and are right and ready to be gobbled up by the Hydra. So rather than waste time explaining everything, so I’ll just do this” She then flips a switch, “and just say this . . . Goodbye Legion X.”

“SPEEEDD!!! Grab Doc Magnus!!! Connor! Grab The Vision! I’ve got Kitty! We have to get out of here NOW!!” Rachel cries as the sound of explosions begins to fill the building. The team books it, as explosions follow them throughout the building. Realizing they can’t escape this way, Rachel orders everyone to stop. “Connor, you have to take The Vision and plow your way through the ceiling, we can’t take him out the way we’re going out!” She throws up a telekinetic shield around them after Superboy speeds into the sky with The Vision’s limp form. “I can hold this up much longer, you ready Kitty?” she cries. “Yeah, everyone grab a hold of me!!” Kitty cries as she latches onto Rachel. “Hope this works!!!” Kitty cries as the biggest explosion commences and everything goes white.

Meanwhile, above it all, thousands of feet in the air, Superboy can only watch in horror as the HYDRA facility ceases to be. “What kind of explosion was that?!” he thinks to himself as he flies back down to earth. “Please be okay, Please be okay” as he searches with his eyes and ears. “Hey!” someone shout behind him “Looking for us?!” as he turns and see’s 4 very haggardly looking HYDRA agents emerging from the ground. “What kind of bomb was that. It’s like everything vaporized!!!” Kitty marvels. “Except us,” Rachel adds, “I’m such an idiot. I should have known better than to just attack a HYDRA station just like that. Their blood is on my hands.” Rachel begins to cry. She then picks her head up, “Oh yeah, Madame Hydra gonna be REAL happy to see me. Cause we’ve got a lot of things to talk about, she and I, and I intend to leave a LASTING impression.” With that, her team picks themselves up, and begins to walk away into the sunset . . . “I feel like we’re forgetting something.” , Kitty states, “Oh nevermind, I’m sure it’s nothing.” And as they fly off, a large white fist punches out of the ground, promising that they won’t be the only ones looking for Madame Hydra.

Roman Noodles
02-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Mine started out strategy-y and then turned more into a story form. Given more time, I think I could get a working script out of mine.

GrandeMaestro Fünke
02-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Have there been any instances where Rachel has used her powers to block someone's powers?

Roman Noodles
02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Have there been any instances where Rachel has used her powers to block someone's powers?

Yes, she has done it a few times, most notably in #455-459 when she goes rogue and takes out Bishop and Nightcrawler. When the two try to fight back, they realize they can't. It takes a stab from Psylocke's blade to break the mindblock. Emma Frost has done this once or twice too. Even Jean and Xavier have done it before.

Steve Marshall
02-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes, she has done it a few times, most notably in #455-459 when she goes rogue and takes out Bishop and Nightcrawler. When the two try to fight back, they realize they can't. It takes a stab from Psylocke's blade to break the mindblock. Emma Frost has done this once or twice too. Even Jean and Xavier have done it before.

I don't think she would be able to cancel Jamie's power because she doesn't have the power to eliminate/disable the power like Leech would, she would just be able to mentally assault the part of the brain that controls/initiates it. Jamie's power is a physical reaction so I don't think it would work.

Roman Noodles
02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't think she would be able to cancel Jamie's power because she doesn't have the power to eliminate/disable the power like Leech would, she would just be able to mentally assault the part of the brain that controls/initiates it, right? Jamie's power is a physical reaction so I don't think it would work.

Fine, Fine. But she is a psychic you know? He can't make dupes if he's unconcious, which he is like two seconds after. Plus, Jamie's power are only PARTLY physical, he has the ability to absorb them back into himself. So if she's in his head how can you say any dupes even make it outside of Jamie's body?

EDIT: But you're right, I should have had her force Jamie to reabsorb any wayward Dupes. Oh well.

Roman Noodles
02-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Okay, time to pander. VOTE FOR ME PLEASE?

Roman Noodles
02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow. 2-0. It would really stink to lose after coming all this way, and not make the playoffs. But I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. :cry:

Roman Noodles
02-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Hey, pretty good strat Doc. Just finished reading yours.

Ray G.
02-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Hellboy's was the more entertaining strategy to read, but Doc's was more effective.

Don't get discouraged, man. You gave it a good run after a rough start this year, and I think next year, you'll be a force to be reckoned with. :)

Roman Noodles
02-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Hellboy's was the more entertaining strategy to read, but Doc's was more effective.

Don't get discouraged, man. You gave it a good run after a rough start this year, and I think next year, you'll be a force to be reckoned with. :)

I'm actually thinking about extending my story into a script. If i replace Superboy with a marvel character I think it could work. :D It's still stinks to miss the playoffs. Oh well. Next year.

Akira
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry Hellboy, but no way Deadpool stays down after that. His healing factor's faster than Wolverine's

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Sorry Hellboy, but no way Deadpool stays down after that. His healing factor's faster than Wolverine's

Um . . . I'm still not sure how quickly he could recover from a slit throat. He would bleed dry before the wound sealed. But whatever.

chazbot
02-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Will need to vote on this tonight.

Roman Noodles
Will need to vote on this tonight.

:rofl: I don't think it matters anymore Chaz. :lol:

GrandeMaestro Fünke
Um . . . I'm still not sure how quickly he could recover from a slit throat. He would bleed dry before the wound sealed. But whatever.

Have you ever read a comic with Deadpool? He's gotten up right after getting his pancreas cut out.

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Have you ever read a comic with Deadpool? He's gotten up right after getting his pancreas cut out.

That's different. :lol:

chazbot
02-29-2008, 11:38 AM
:rofl: I don't think it matters anymore Chaz. :lol:

awww... I checked the results.

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 11:40 AM
awww... I checked the results.

I tried something a little different, but it backfired. It's alright though. Next year, I'll just go batshit on all of you for screwing me over. it's called motivation.

chazbot
02-29-2008, 11:41 AM
I tried something a little different, but it backfired. It's alright though. Next year, I'll just go batshit on all of you for screwing me over. it's called motivation.

I doubt we'll wait a full year. So you better let the rage build quickly :)

I think I'm going to go with a Villains only team...that'd be more fun.

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 11:44 AM
I doubt we'll wait a full year. So you better let the rage build quickly :)

I think I'm going to go with a Villains only team...that'd be more fun.

The whole hero or villain thing is cool and annoying. I like both. I'll have to decide which is more of my style. And I meant Season not year. :lol:

Mister Mets
02-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Didn't mean to rub salt on Hellboy Jr's wounds, but the other guys had the better strategy. I did like how he actually had a strategy to find the Hydra base.

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Didn't mean to rub salt on Hellboy Jr's wounds, but the other guys had the better strategy. I did like how he actually had a strategy to find the Hydra base.

Him or me? I can't even remember mostof mine anymore. yeah. his was better. I tried something different, it backfired. end of story. No love lost.

Mister Mets
02-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Him or me? I can't even remember mostof mine anymore. yeah. his was better. I tried something different, it backfired. end of story. No love lost.I was referring to you, as you mentioned in your strategy how to find the Hydra base.

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I was referring to you, as you mentioned in your strategy how to find the Hydra base.

Sometimes I'm a stickler for details, sometimes I'm not. But thank you anyway.

Akira
02-29-2008, 12:11 PM

No he wouldn't. You underestimate his healing factor.

The healing factor enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. He can regenerate whole organs and even severed limbs. In at least one instance, Deadpool, after breaking nearly every bone in his body, strapped himself to a rack so his bones set properly. He has survived being decapitated, though his head did not regenerate; it was simply replaced and healed back to his torso.

Additionally, Deadpool's healing factor is proportional to the amount of injury he receives. An excellent example of this is in issue 30 of the Cable and Deadpool series. In one part of a battle with the Great Lakes Avengers, he set off one of his own grenades, blowing a large hole in his abdomen, but regenerated this in relatively little time.

If he didn't bleed out either time there I doubt a simple cut throat would do it to him.

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
No he wouldn't. You underestimate his healing factor.

If he didn't bleed out either time there I doubt a simple cut throat would do it to him.

I really hate Deadpool. :mad: He's like Lobo II. And everyone knows how much I hate him. Are reasonable powers TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!

chazbot
02-29-2008, 12:17 PM
I really hate Deadpool. :mad: He's like Lobo II. And everyone knows how much I hate him. Are reasonable powers TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!

I think Shadowcat flashing him would have been a reasonable enough distractor. :lol:

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I think Shadowcat flashing him would have been a reasonable enough distractor. :lol:

Actually, I considered having The Vision turn into Bea Arthur, but I thought it was too madcap.

Akira
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM

But you just have to beat him w/o killing him. That's not too hard, you just gotta think out of the box :)

Akira
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Actually, I considered having The Vision turn into Bea Arthur, but I thought it was too madcap.

Dude, I so would've voted for you with that strategy :lol:

Roman Noodles
02-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, I'll have to remember that. :lol: