PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will be an Obama backlash?

stevapalooza
02-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Lets face it, Americans have this weird disease where they can only love something so much before a switch goes off in their heads and they decide "ok, now I hate it." Do you think that will happen with Obama? He's huge now, but there's still a long way to go before the election. Do you think people will be all Obamaed out by November? Will his enormous popularity be a drawback in the end? Let's ponder and discuss.

Amos Moses
02-24-2008, 12:41 PM
"When is there going to be an Obama backlash" is a better question. I like the guy, but I've found some of his statements to be arrogant. I still think he's probably the best man for the job though.

bartleby
02-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I like the guy, but I've found some of his statements to be arrogant.

I don't think someone could run for President if he or she didn't have at least some amount of arrogance.

Amos Moses
02-24-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't think someone could run for President if he or she didn't have at least some amount of arrogance.

Very true. Anyone who thinks they're qualified to run the most powerful country in the world probably has a very high opinion of themself.

Kingsumo
02-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Given the competition, I think he will still be ok come November.

RickLM
02-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Yes, it will happen.

Once talk radio paints him as a left-wing lunatic, Obama will have to prove he's simply a good public servant. Then the mainstream media (with several months to kill before November) will really hammer any inconsistencies in his record or his speeches, and that may lead to something if he doesn't handle it right. Finally, McCain will talk constantly about Obama's thin level of experience, and Obama will have to prove he's got some heft and substance. If he continues to talk about change and vision, but can't get practical about health care and Iraq and the budget, the glow will be off. The public will start to wonder if he's indeed got his head in the clouds.

I personally think he's too smart to get dragged down by any one type of negativity. As long as he realizes he has to sell himself hard everyday until election day, he should be okay.

Gordon Chumway
02-24-2008, 12:45 PM
I use to really like the Steves.

Now it seems like this place is crawling with those Steve types. Steves are always taking our jobs, and posting in our threads. We should really do something about all the Steves around here.

Thommy Melanson
02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Not really. If there had been better Democratic candidates, maybe it would have been more of a contentious struggle, but overall the country likes what it sees in him.

75% of the country can't wait for Bush and the Republicans to be out of office.

McCain's a dead man walking.

Even if they do begin to suffer from Obama fatigue as the election wears on, that's not going to change.

BCD
02-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Not until he's in office. Then there will be lots of Carlton Banks jokes.

Roman Noodles
02-24-2008, 12:49 PM
For the sake of us all, I pray not. :scared:

Ryan F
02-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't know if there will be a backlash, but I don't think he will have smooth sailing either. To the extent that his appeal is based on his being the messiah to some of his supporters - cynicism is likely to set in and much of that will wear off.

At the same time, there are a lot of pragmatic reasons to support Obama and it looks like McCain will have a tough time as well, so he may well survive the inevitable wearing out of his overly-enthusiastic welcome.

If he can keep up some of the turn-out he's driving come November, he's pretty much untouchable. Maybe the young people that he's inspired will stay motivated through the rest of the year. Maybe not.

bartleby
02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
If there is an Obama backlash, it'll all go away when Baracktober sweeps the nation.

Thommy Melanson
02-24-2008, 12:53 PM
The fact that the GOP is at best half-heartedly behind McCain isn't helping their chances.

I'm starting to think Obama could go on vacation until November and still win by 60%.

Roman Noodles
02-24-2008, 12:54 PM
If there is an Obama backlash, it'll all go away when Baracktober sweeps the nation.

Baracktoberfest party at my place.

Thommy Melanson
02-24-2008, 12:54 PM

"Can you diiiiiiiig it?!"

http://images.salon.com/opinion/feature/2007/05/21/michelle_obama/story.jpg

S. Earl
02-24-2008, 12:57 PM
it is starting already, but if he can handle himself like he does in this article, he will be fine:

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., defended himself from charges by conservatives that he isn't sufficiently patriotic, a theme developing in the Republican world that could tarnish the Democrat in the general election. "There's always some nonsense going on in general elections," Obama told ABC News at a press availability in Lorain, Ohio. "If it wasn't this, it would be something else. I mean, as you will recall, first it was my name. Right? That was a problem. And then there was the Muslim e-mail thing and that stuff hasn't worked out so well. And now it's the patriotism thing."

Asked by ABC News how he could combat the accusations, Obama said, "The way I will respond to it is with the truth -- that I owe everything I am to this country. You will recall the reason I came to national attention was a speech in which I spoke of my love for this country."

Republicans have been stringing together events in the past year to paint Obama as unpatriotic:

A Time magazine photograph from an event in Iowa last summer showed Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson with their hands on their hearts during the singing of the national anthem. Obama's hands were by his side.

Months later, Obama told an Iowa television station that he no longer wore an American flag lapel pin because it had become, in some ways, "a substitute for, I think, true patriotism."

Then last week Obama's wife Michelle told voters in Milwaukee, "For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country. Not just because Barack is doing well, but I think people are hungry for change."

After that comment, Cindy McCain, the wife of presumed GOP nominee Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., told a crowd, "I have, and always will be, proud of my country."

As happened with Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a conservative campaign may be emerging to tarnish Obama.

"The reason it hasn't been an issue so far is that we're still in the microcosm of the Democratic primary," Republican consultant Roger Stone told the Associated Press. "Many Americans will find the three things offensive. Barack Obama is out of the McGovern wing of the party, and he is part of the blame-America-first crowd."

Obama said today that, "The notion that I am disqualified because at one event I was signing the national anthem but failed to put my hand over my heart while I was singing, if that were the case that would disqualify about three fourths of people who have ever gone to a football game or a baseball game."

About his wife's comments in Wisconsin, Obama said, "I think she already clarified this. She was very clear about it. She simply misspoke. Because what she was referring to is this was the first time she'd been proud of politics in America. And that's true for a lot of folks who had been cynical and disenchanted. She spoke about how she'd been cynical of American politics for a very long time, but she's proud of how people are participating and involved in ways they haven't for a very long time."

On the American flag lapel pin, Obama said, "When we start getting into those definitions of patriotism, that's a debate I'm happy to have, because I will come right after them."

Obama said he would argue that the GOP is "a party that presided over a war in which our troops did not get the body armor that they needed or [sent] troops over who were untrained because of poor planning, or are not fulfilling the veterans benefits that these troops need when they come home, or [are] undermining our constitution with warrantless wiretaps that are unnecessary.

"That is a debate that I am very happy to have," Obama added. "We'll see what the American people think is the true definition of patriotism."

bartleby
02-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't think criticism from the GOP and Right Wing media really counts as Obama backlash.

Thommy Melanson
02-24-2008, 01:02 PM
it is starting already, but if he can handle himself like he does in this article, he will be fine:

The man's unflappable, even his detractors have to give him that.

Can't wait for the Barack HUSSEIN Obama mentions to start cropping up everywhere (as Ann Coulter is fond of doing, as was Rep. Jack Kingston on Bill Maher Friday night) and the insinuations that since his father was a Muslim, Barack is some kind of terrorist Manchurian Candidate.

Patton
02-24-2008, 01:02 PM

Yeah if he gets the chance to defend himself he does a good job of quelling most of the issues.

I was watching Maher the other day and was annoyed by how many times the two Republicans took swipes at Obama that were completely untrue and Maher just let them. I guess he's not as informed as he should be on Obama.

S. Earl
02-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I don't think criticism from the GOP and Right Wing media really counts as Obama backlash.

You are correct.

JHickman
02-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Of course there will.

He's bigger than politics right now. It's evidinced by lots of Republicans loving him.

But the third rule of 'cult of personality' is that unless you get killed, die unexpectedly, or disappear - it all comes crashing back down.

Good TV though.

Thommy Melanson
02-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Of course there will.

He's bigger than politics right now. It's evidinced by lots of Republicans loving him.

But the third rule of 'cult of personality' is that unless you get killed, die unexpectedly, or disappear - it all comes crashing back down.

Good TV though.

Or in the case of Perot, is undone by a snoozing Veep candidate.

Matt Jay
02-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Maybe. But he's surprised me at every turn so far by handling the situation beyond my expectations. It's not like Kerry, who couldn't stop fucking up. It felt like I was making excuses for him every other day.

Thommy Melanson
02-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Maybe. But he's surprised me at every turn so far by handling the situation beyond my expectations. It's not like Kerry, who couldn't stop fucking up. It felt like I was making excuses for him every other day.

I doubt Barack will stomp about a marsh dressed like Elmer Fudd for the benefit of cameras in an attempt to woo NRA members.

Matt Jay
02-24-2008, 01:17 PM
I doubt Barack will stomp about a marsh dressed like Elmer Fudd for the benefit of cameras in an attempt to woo NRA members.

Speaking of painful memories....

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/kerry_NASA.jpg

Thommy Melanson
02-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Speaking of painful memories....

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/kerry_NASA.jpg

"Hey Mom! It's me, Mike Teevee! I'm in the TV!"

Ray G.
02-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I think the behavior of some of his supporters stands a chance at turning off some moderates before November. But barring some kind of scandal, I don't think anything too big. That's not to say he'll win, but if he does lose, it'll be because of the issues, not the man.

Taxman
02-24-2008, 01:19 PM
"When is there going to be an Obama backlash" is a better question. I like the guy, but I've found some of his statements to be arrogant. I still think he's probably the best man for the job though.You hear his speeches much, and they will really start to wear you down.

Kingsumo
02-24-2008, 01:22 PM
You hear his speeches much, and they will really start to wear you down.

Point of clarification.. wear you down as in get tired of them?

I have only heard a few of his, and I found them to fairly strong. But again, that has only been a few.

Mister Mets
02-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Lets face it, Americans have this weird disease where they can only love something so much before a switch goes off in their heads and they decide "ok, now I hate it." Do you think that will happen with Obama? He's huge now, but there's still a long way to go before the election. Do you think people will be all Obamaed out by November? Will his enormous popularity be a drawback in the end? Let's ponder and discuss.I suspect that much of what helps him in the primary isn't going to work as well in the general election. He has become a stronger candidate throughout the primary election process, which may make up for any backlash against his more fervent supporters (some of which we're seeing now).

I don't think McCain VS Obama is anything can call at this moment, given the factors involved (McCain's support of the surge/ temper, Obama's inexperience, etc.) Obama can have a massive victory, a massive defeat or anything in between.

Mister Mets
02-24-2008, 02:53 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa116/Cyberman1985/allie2.jpg

Taxman
02-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Point of clarification.. wear you down as in get tired of them?yes

NickT
02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I just want to say this before the media starts using it when it does happen.

Baracklash.

Dreaded Anomaly
02-24-2008, 03:00 PM
I think you're all missing a key component of Barack Obama.

You can't use the word "lash" when talking about a black candidate. He'll never have to worry about this. :)

stevapalooza
02-24-2008, 03:30 PM
I use to really like the Steves.

Now it seems like this place is crawling with those Steve types. Steves are always taking our jobs, and posting in our threads. We should really do something about all the Steves around here.

Tomorrow belongs to Steves!

stevapalooza
02-24-2008, 03:30 PM
I just want to say this before the media starts using it when it does happen.

Baracklash.

And when the day comes I will make sure you get credit for it.

Patton
02-24-2008, 03:40 PM

I'll see your partially racist unfunny cartoon and raise you a funny one:

http://cagle.msnbc.com/working/080224/cagle00.gif

Mister Mets
02-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I'll see your partially racist unfunny cartoon and raise you a funny one:Yours was funny.

But keep in mind, I'm for McCain.

How was the cartoon I posted partially racist? I get that all the followers were white, though it seems that a point of the cartoon is that they all seem exactly alike, and you can't really show that by differentiating between race, gender, age, etc.

bartleby
02-24-2008, 03:48 PM
How was the cartoon I posted partially racist?

Grape Kool-Aid

Patton
02-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Yours was funny.

But keep in mind, I'm for McCain.

How was the cartoon I posted partially racist?

Oh I know. I know you didn't actually draw the thing. I was just using poker lingo.

I should have said "possibly partially racist." It's possible making the Kool Aid grape was a coincidence. But probably not.

Colby
02-24-2008, 03:54 PM
There'll be a backlash, but Obama's campaign operation is strong enough to control it if it hits before the election, so long as he himself keeps his head.

If it hits after the election (and he wins said election), he'll have a couple years to recover, plus the advantages of incumbancy. This is probably a little more likely; governing is all about making hard choices, and he wouldn't be able to help but piss someone off.

If it hits after the election and he loses, well, who gives a shit?

Matt Jay
02-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Grape Kool-Aid

Wow. I've never heard that before. Wasn't that the flavor of Jim Jones' Kool Aid, too? I'm pretty sure that's where "drinking the Kool Aid" originates anyway.

WillieLee
02-25-2008, 05:36 AM
Oh I know. I know you didn't actually draw the thing. I was just using poker lingo.

I should have said "possibly partially racist." It's possible making the Kool Aid grape was a coincidence. But probably not.

Jim Jones wept!

bartleby
02-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Wow. I've never heard that before. Wasn't that the flavor of Jim Jones' Kool Aid, too? I'm pretty sure that's where "drinking the Kool Aid" originates anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool-Aid#.22Drinking_the_Kool-Aid.22

joespam
02-25-2008, 06:37 AM
Grape Kool-AidI don't understand. How is Grape Kool-Aid racist?

bartleby
02-25-2008, 06:39 AM
I don't understand. How is Grape Kool-Aid racist?

Black people love grape-flavored drinks.

KingMob
02-25-2008, 06:48 AM
well, he just got an endorsement from kung pow louie, i'm more interested in the reaction to that really.

WillieLee
02-25-2008, 06:53 AM

Racist!

CPA
02-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Lets face it, Americans have this weird disease where they can only love something so much before a switch goes off in their heads and they decide "ok, now I hate it." Do you think that will happen with Obama? He's huge now, but there's still a long way to go before the election. Do you think people will be all Obamaed out by November? Will his enormous popularity be a drawback in the end? Let's ponder and discuss.

I hate to say it, but you are without doubt assuming the worst in people. I think that that is why Hillary Clinton is failing. She is assuming that a man in a turban will be automatically associated with Islam. That will not happen in this case. Obama has been able to reflect everything negative thrown at him because she is not liked. This sort of thing will not happen with McCain. McCain will not be vindictive in his attacks and resort to cheap theatrics to win.

If Hillary understood her base and did not act as if she had won the nomination already, she would have easily beat Obama. Emphasizing her experience plays directly into Obama's hollow change speeches. She has allowed herself to be pigeon-holed as the establishment. The Democratic party is always about change even though the same ideas are usually thrown out into the arena of ideas.

I think that this type of attack is the final nail in the coffin, since Democrats are already tired of negative campaigning. Between this and the plagarism thing, she has played every card in her deck. She is going to ruin the Democrat party by fighting until the convention. If she really cared about the party or the country (from her viewpoint), she would withdraw. This smiley face icon says it all for Hill: :surrend:

joespam
02-25-2008, 07:06 AM
Black people love grape-flavored drinks.I can't tell if you're being funny or if this is a stereotype I've never heard. Or both.

Or neither.

bartleby
02-25-2008, 07:12 AM
I can't tell if you're being funny or if this is a stereotype I've never heard. Or both.

Or neither.

Probably both.

I'm not sure if black people like grape Kool-Aid, but they do love grape soda. That's a fact.

Bryan H
02-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I can't tell if you're being funny or if this is a stereotype I've never heard. Or both.

Or neither.

Chappelle joke. At least that's where I remember it.

"What the fuck is juice? I want some grape drink!"

"Three ingredients. Sugar. Water. And of course, Purple."

NickT
02-25-2008, 07:44 AM
I hate to say it, but you are without doubt assuming the worst in people. I think that that is why Hillary Clinton is failing. She is assuming that a man in a turban will be automatically associated with Islam. That will not happen in this case. Obama has been able to reflect everything negative thrown at him because she is not liked. This sort of thing will not happen with McCain. McCain will not be vindictive in his attacks and resort to cheap theatrics to win.
Maybe, but McCain doesn't control all Republicans (And Obama doesn't control all Democrats). Obama and McCain could fight the fairest fight ever and it could still look dirty because of others.

Foolish Mortal
02-25-2008, 07:45 AM

Or neither.
I have to admit I'm surprised a white guy knows this one. :lol:

bartleby
02-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I have to admit I'm surprised a white guy knows this one. :lol:

I worked at a movie theatre for many years. You start to notice that practically every single black person asks for a grape soda. And when they find out that we don't have grape, they order an orange soda or a Sprite instead.

Foolish Mortal
02-25-2008, 08:05 AM
That is possible and it's worrisome. The media have picked Clinton apart with her obvious flaws. But Obama up to this point has been seen as nearly infallible and bulletproof.

So what I worry is what's going to happen when Clinton is out of the picture? The media will turn their microscope on Obama look for any little flaw they can find.

The news media look for negative stuff. That's what they do.

Khrutch
02-25-2008, 08:10 AM

I'm hoping people will get past the love at first sight and start seeing things as they really are.

CPA
02-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Maybe, but McCain doesn't control all Republicans (And Obama doesn't control all Democrats). Obama and McCain could fight the fairest fight ever and it could still look dirty because of others.

You are right that others may attack oon each side, but as far as candidates go, McCain will not be obnoxious like Clinton. You have to wonder just how angry she really is about losing to Obama. She has played the race card, accused him of plagarizing a person in his campaign, tried to link him to a corrupt business man that contributed to her when Bubba was in the White House, and now accusing him of being Muslim. This woman knows no shame in shameless smear attacks. While I may not agree with his positions and thoughts on how to run the country, Obama is not a person who is trying to be president because it is his turn or just wants power to lord it.

It is good to see that the Democrats are not willing to sell their souls for the presidency.

Ryan F
02-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Probably both.

I'm not sure if black people like grape Kool-Aid, but they do love grape soda. That's a fact.

Yeah, there is a whole Kool-Aid thing too.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kool-aid

To be fair though, grape was the flavor at the Jim Jones compound. I'm not sure whether this is an unlucky coincidence or a subtle extra-jab by the cartoonist. Either way, that's a pretty lame cartoon.

I'm not really sure that "people really like him" is going to be the most successful way to go negative on Obama anyway. ;)

stevapalooza
02-25-2008, 09:43 AM
"Drink the kool aid" is a popular expression. It has nothing to do with race.

Foolish Mortal
02-25-2008, 09:45 AM
"Drink the kool aid" is a popular expression. It has nothing to do with race.
"Drink the Kool-Aid" No, but the "Grape Kool-Aid" thing is race specific thing.

stevapalooza
02-25-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm still giggling at Baracklash

c. page
02-25-2008, 10:28 AM

but if the kool-aid was grape at the jim jones compound then it most likely wasn't race based.

a faux pas, maybe. but i think to call the cartoon racist because of it is a little ridiculous.

Brian Defferding
02-25-2008, 11:04 AM

Ha!

Matt Jay
02-25-2008, 11:06 AM
The Baracklash has begun:

In-Law Political Dispute Ends In Stabbing

UPPER PROVIDENCE, Pa. (CBS 3) ― The Montgomery County District Attorney's Office is investigating a politically motivated stabbing that left one in-law hospitalized and another in prison.

Authorities said brother-in-laws Jose Ortiz and Sean Shurelds were involved in a verbal altercation over Democratic presidential hopefuls Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton when the argument escalated into a stabbing inside their family home on Honey Locust Court in Upper Providence.

Authorities said Ortiz, a registered Republican and Clinton supporter, allegedly stabbed Shurelds, an Obama supporter, in the stomach.
Shurelds was flown to an area hospital and was listed in critical condition.

Ortiz was jailed on $20,000 bail. If convicted of a felony crime, he will not be able to vote in the upcoming election.

http://cbs3.com/local/Political.Stabbing.montgomery.2.662239.html

Fucking crazy isn't it? I mean, a REPUBLICAN Clinton supporter?!? Insane!

Thommy Melanson
02-25-2008, 11:10 AM

Bill Kristol is furiously spinning this into a "Obama supporter impaled self on knife held by a patriot" article as I type this.

Brian Defferding
02-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I didn't read this whole thread because I'm lazy, but are people actually saying the purple kool aid thing is actually racist? wtf? Alright guys and gals, I need a list of what's racist and what's not because I'm starting to realize you can't say anything about Obama without inadvertently saying something racist or bigoted. Criminey!

I think the whole racist card is being used just as much as the Kool Aid expression as of late, incidentally used the most TO and FROM Obama and Paul supporters, at each other no less! :p (yes, I include myself in the riot act)

The kool aid thing is funny to an extent, but really they're all just very excited and loyal to their candidate of choice because they believe in them. The Obamallamas have eclipsed Paul supporters in sheer feverishness lately though, imo.

c. page
02-25-2008, 12:02 PM

how is that baracklash, exactly?

Matt Jay
02-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I didn't read this whole thread because I'm lazy, but are people actually saying the purple kool aid thing is actually racist? wtf? Alright guys and gals, I need a list of what's racist and what's not because I'm starting to realize you can't say anything about Obama without inadvertently saying something racist or bigoted. Criminey!

I think the whole racist card is being used just as much as the Kool Aid expression as of late, incidentally used the most TO and FROM Obama and Paul supporters, at each other no less! :p (yes, I include myself in the riot act)

The kool aid thing is funny to an extent, but really they're all just very excited and loyal to their candidate of choice because they believe in them. The Obamallamas have eclipsed Paul supporters in sheer feverishness lately though.

"Lately"? Haven't you been saying that for weeks? And have they chased a Fox News personality down the street yet?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNZS9ZuZcrg

:)

Matt Jay
02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
how is that baracklash, exactly?

The Obama supporter was the stabee. It was a bad joke.

Brian Defferding
02-25-2008, 12:08 PM
"Lately"? Haven't you been saying that for weeks? And have they chased a Fox News personality down the street yet?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNZS9ZuZcrg

:)

Ha! So far, there haven't been multiple fainting girls at Ron Paul speeches though. :)

joespam
02-25-2008, 05:13 PM
"Drink the Kool-Aid" No, but the "Grape Kool-Aid" thing is race specific thing.I think we've all learned something here. Now somebody's gotta throw up the 'The more you know' pic.

Dreaded Anomaly
02-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Ha! So far, there haven't been multiple girls at Ron Paul speeches though. :)

Fixed. ;)

stevapalooza
02-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Mothafucka what is JUICE??!!! I want DRINK!!

That bit still kills me.

King of Mars
02-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Jesus. First mixed nuts, now Grape Kool-Aid. Are there any other racist foods/beverages I should know about? Please, tell me Dr. Pepper and Slim Jims are still okay. I love that shit. :)

Colby
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Ha! So far, there haven't been multiple fainting girls at Ron Paul speeches though. :)

There mighta been; the fainting is more a product of the crowd, tight spaces, and heat than anything in particular Obama says. Every candidate gets a couple.

King of Mars
02-25-2008, 06:06 PM
There mighta been; the fainting is more a product of the crowd, tight spaces, and heat than anything in particular Obama says. Every candidate gets a couple.I saw girls dropping like flies at a Skid Row concert I went to back in the 80's, but that might have been because they were so close to the...

SAVAGE ANIMAL!

http://www.peterboroughjams.ca/sebastianbach/images/SebastianBach.jpg

Love is a Bitchslap, don'tcha know?

Brian Defferding
02-25-2008, 06:09 PM
There mighta been; the fainting is more a product of the crowd, tight spaces, and heat than anything in particular Obama says. Every candidate gets a couple.

You may be right.

And to be fair, the Sean Hannity chasing is more of a product of Sean Hannity.

Colby
02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
I saw girls dropping like flies at a Skid Row concert I went to back in the 80's, but that might have been because they were so close to the...

SAVAGE ANIMAL!

http://www.peterboroughjams.ca/sebastianbach/images/SebastianBach.jpg

Love is a Bitchslap, don'tcha know?

18 and life you got it, Iconoclast.

Colby
02-25-2008, 06:28 PM
You may be right.

And to be fair, the Sean Hannity chasing is more of a product of Sean Hannity.

SCIENCE FACT: Douchebags produce powerful pheremones.

Amos Moses
02-25-2008, 06:35 PM

So..... err.......

Are you a Grape Milk Shake?