PDA

View Full Version : I think Mighty Avengers is counting down until the end of the Initiative.

Jason California
02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I was reading Mighty Avengers 9 just a bit ago and that "Initiative Day 14" thing got me thinking. What if this is kind of like Countdown? I don't know how much time has passed in the MU since Civil War ended. I do know that nothing has caught up to the end of the Illuminati series. Mighty Avengers is taking place just 2 weeks after the death of Captain America at this point. Maybe these are just ramblings, but I think that the numbering of the days of the Initiative holds some signifigance.

Kingsumo
02-22-2008, 08:51 PM
...Go on...

Jason California
02-22-2008, 09:02 PM
...Go on...

Well, since you asked....

Had the book been coming out in a timely fashion I might not be thinking this. Super hero comics do their best to stay away from showing passing time. A lot is done to make things blend in so that these characters can stay timeless and always in the now. The fact that this book is being actively presented with how many days have gone by since the end of the war seems to be a significant thing to me. We are in reality more than a year outside of Civil War and labeling the current issue just 14 days later does not seem to make sense to me unless it is for a purpose. It is as if Bendis is trying to put that into focus.

Kingsumo
02-22-2008, 09:05 PM
That is entirely possible. Bendis is the big dog for the whole SI thing, and MA seems to be the only one that has not progressed very far timeline wise.

Interesting to see if that pans out at all

NickT
02-23-2008, 08:05 AM
I think Bendis just wants to give nightmares to anyone who really cares about putting everything into a continuity timeline ;)

Didin't the first 14 issues or so of NA take place over two weeks too?