PDA

View Full Version : Soooooo my work laptop went down.

dEnny!
02-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Like a $3 hooker. I guess they put something on the network that is causing my laptop to sputter, my CPU is maxed causing everything to take forever to load so they are "re-imaging" it hoping that will take care of the performance issues.

Really messing with my board time. :)

Though on the bright side I went home an hour early yesterday, four hours today, because I don't have a computer at work! I loaded most everything onto my home computer so I can do my job here. If I don't have my computer back by lunchtime tomorrow I'm leaving early again. It's ridiculous. My JOB requires a COMPUTER to check e-mail, respond to e-mails, configure the system, make changes, help employees, run jobs, etc.

HELLO!

Smokinblues
02-14-2008, 06:28 PM
what exactly do you know about 3 dollar hookers? :mistrust:

dEnny!
02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
what exactly do you know about 3 dollar hookers? :mistrust:

No comment. :scared:

GOTTA GO!

niceguyeddie
02-14-2008, 06:35 PM
No comment. :scared:

GOTTA GO!

herpes??
not that i know what you'd get from a $3 hooker... it's what I heard... the next person to post told me... :scared:

dEnny!
02-14-2008, 06:41 PM
herpes??
not that i know what you'd get from a $3 hooker... it's what I heard... the next person to post told me... :scared:

Okay, all I know is they are cheap.

You know, I found out something very sad yesterday. Babies can be born with the STD version of herpes, maybe this comes as no surprise, but I guess I just never put two and two together. There's two types, the fever blister kind and the sexually transmitted kind. This poor little girl has herpes, she didn't do anything to get it, her parents did something stupid, slept around, picked up an STD, and now this poor little girl has to live with it, the stigma, the knowledge she could infect the one she loves...just very sad. (No preaching, no after school special message, take from the story what you will.)

Dreaded Anomaly
02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Don't bring it to Best Buy!

dEnny!
02-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't bring it to Best Buy!

Fortunately, it's a work computer so I don't have to deal with them fixing it...just have to deal with waiting to see if/when they fix it or finally break down and actually give me a new laptop. I was supposed to have received a new one, but they bought my boss one instead (she had an old laptop and needed a new one) and just gave me an old one (new to me, always love that line), sometimes wonder if I just got her old one.