PDA

View Full Version : I have to order very special pickles online

Gordon Chumway
02-13-2008, 10:27 AM
The thread about childhood foods and what not reminded me I needed to Re-Up my Heinz Dill Pickles.

I have to order them online to get delivered to my house because they don't get distributed to California. Anyone else have to do anything like this?

I ask because at "Hometown Favorites" the place I buy from also sells "Aqua Velva" and it got me thinking "Who is out there in desperate need of Aqua Velva?". Then I realized that person probably posts here.

My guess is that it's Gunter, he seems like an Aqua Velva type of guy.

Glixy
02-13-2008, 10:28 AM
I would have to do this for mallowmars if moved out of NY.

Gregory
02-13-2008, 10:30 AM
I used to order a Kraft buffalo wing sauce off Netgrocer because the local stores quit carrying it.

Gordon Chumway
02-13-2008, 10:31 AM

Leaving NY cost me many old favorites "Labatt Ice" being one of them.

chazbot
02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
They don't distribute to California??? WTF...

dasNdanger
02-13-2008, 10:35 AM
The thread about childhood foods and what not reminded me I needed to Re-Up my Heinz Dill Pickles

Are you talking about the absolute BESTEST PICKLE IN THE WORLD - Heinz GENUINE DILL pickles???!!

I have a coveted jar in the fridge right now...pure gold. When I was a kid, I'd come home from school, grab a dill pickle, wrap it in a paper towel, and munch away - then I'd suck all the brine out of the paper towel. LOVE that pickle!

das

Gordon Chumway
02-13-2008, 10:39 AM
They don't distribute to California??? WTF...

It sucks, I was eating Nathan's Pickles, but then Albertson's got bought, and the new owers "Lucky's" stopped carrying those.

Glixy
02-13-2008, 10:40 AM
then I'd suck all the brine out of the paper towel

:mistrust::mistrust:I'm scared.

Jim.
02-13-2008, 10:41 AM
I like claussens.

Buk Was Right
02-13-2008, 10:53 AM
I almost had to resort to ordering U-Bet Chocolate Syrup for a friend of mine, but then I stumbled across it at the local grocery store.

Gordon Chumway
02-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Are you talking about the absolute BESTEST PICKLE IN THE WORLD - Heinz GENUINE DILL pickles???!!

I have a coveted jar in the fridge right now...pure gold. When I was a kid, I'd come home from school, grab a dill pickle, wrap it in a paper towel, and munch away - then I'd suck all the brine out of the paper towel. LOVE that pickle!

das

Very true, my mom used to send them to me, but lugging boxes to the post office all the time got to be too much for her.

I buy four jars at a time.

dasNdanger
02-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Very true, my mom used to send them to me, but lugging boxes to the post office all the time got to be too much for her.

I buy four jars at a time.

Last time we found them was in Florida. Stocked up! :D They are addictive!! Great by themselves, excellent on burgers and cheese sandwiches (another fav of mine - American cheese, mustard, and Heinz G.D. Pickles), and in rouladen, a German beef roll dish.

Now I'm hungry. :p

das

Gordon Chumway
02-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Last time we found them was in Florida. Stocked up! :D They are addictive!! Great by themselves, excellent on burgers and cheese sandwiches (another fav of mine - American cheese, mustard, and Heinz G.D. Pickles), and in rouladen, a German beef roll dish.

Now I'm hungry. :p

das

Was your 5000 post about pickles?

dasNdanger
02-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Was your 5000 post about pickles?

Heh - didn't even notice. It was either about pickles, creepy space alien life-sucking bugmen...or jiggly bums.

:p

das

Ash Holt
02-13-2008, 12:53 PM

I get mallowmars sent to me every year since I moved, from my family in NY:)

Buk Was Right
02-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Every time my mom or aunt goes to Iowa they come back with as many bags of Stersings chips that they can carry.

I'm pretty much spoiled for life on regular potato chips because I grew up eating these.

Glixy
02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
I get mallowmars sent to me every year since I moved, from my family in NY:)

Hells yeah! Represent!

Gordon Chumway
02-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Every time my mom or aunt goes to Iowa they come back with as many bags of Stersings chips that they can carry.

I'm pretty much spoiled for life on regular potato chips because I grew up eating these.

Troyer Farms dude, it's all about Troyer Farms

dasNdanger
03-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Just wanted to say that this discussion made me break out my last, coveted jar of Heinz Genuine Dills...oh, my, my...nothing like sitting down to watch tv, with a big juicy pickle, and an ice cold beer. Thanks, GC!!! I'm in pickle heaven!!!!

das

Beep Beep!
03-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I have not found this anywhere in Nevada. About 2 weeks ago I ordered 6 jars; and made some this week.

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/index_category_more.cfm?tlcatid=2&catid=98&moreid=C70

And they sell pickles:

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/index_category_more.cfm?tlcatid=2&catid=3&moreid=C68

dasNdanger
02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Ah...right now I'm enjoying a meatloaf sandwich, with catsup and Heinz Genuine Dill pickles! My sister just came up from Florida with several jars - the best gift in the world! :D

das

dasNdanger
06-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Right now I'm having ham and cheese with yummy Heinz Genuine Dills, and just had to dig up this thread. :)

das

Keith P.
06-22-2011, 10:11 AM
I miss White Castles with a fiery passion.

gaspar
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
We're driving to SD next month. I'm considering buying a half dozen Double Double's from In-N-Out, freezing them, and packing them in a cooler so I can have one every now and again here in Austin. They wouldn't be the same, but it's something...

Buk Was Right
06-22-2011, 10:34 AM
We're driving to SD next month. I'm considering buying a half dozen Double Double's from In-N-Out, freezing them, and packing them in a cooler so I can have one every now and again here in Austin. They wouldn't be the same, but it's something...

Check the Five Guys v. In and Out thread for a link to the (I think) Serious Eats article about how they did just that. I THINK they actually ordered everything separately so they didn't have to freeze the burgers all together or take them apart themselves.

cyberweasel
06-22-2011, 11:21 AM
I miss White Castles with a fiery passion.I just had some in Queens when I was on vacation last week. Some of the best I've ever had. Although when I had some in Manhattan in January it was like having grease with some White Castles thrown in. And being from the Midwest, I have to order mine without ketchup... barbarians.

We've got a Krystal's here around Houston. Have to order those without mustard and add a bit of salt and pepper... it's close but not close enough.

TIP
06-22-2011, 11:23 AM
I order pickles from a Mom and Jim shop in Milwaukee (Murder Shed Pickles).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/tiptone/HFLJ2-1.jpg

dougmac
06-22-2011, 01:52 PM

They sell them in MA too.

edit:
I just realized how old your post was, you probably already know that by now

BriRedfern
06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Lots of my friends that went away to college would have their moms mail them Fluff.

Keith P.
06-22-2011, 05:46 PM
I just had some in Queens when I was on vacation last week. Some of the best I've ever had. Although when I had some in Manhattan in January it was like having grease with some White Castles thrown in. And being from the Midwest, I have to order mine without ketchup... barbarians.

We've got a Krystal's here around Houston. Have to order those without mustard and add a bit of salt and pepper... it's close but not close enough.

Is there anything better than being drunk at 3am and gorging on White Castles?

TIP
06-23-2011, 06:26 AM
Lots of my friends that went away to college would have their moms mail them Fluff.

Euphemism Drive at full capacity, Cap'n!

Greygor
06-23-2011, 06:28 AM
I have to do this for Australian Eating Liquorice. Nearest place to get it is the UK for me