PDA

View Full Version : Hellblazer 240

Magnum V.I.
01-26-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm about halfway through this but I like it. it's got a nice throwback to the very first Hellblazer Trade and Story. And considering that's about all I have read it's a nice bit of continuity I like.

What does anyone else think? I'm about to add this book to my monthly pick up list.

ds9
01-26-2008, 08:06 AM
I have a way to go. Ive read most of Mike Carey's run and some of Lea hernadez's run. I only read One trade of Ennis's and that was Son of Man i think it was called. Im enjoying all of them but its hard to keep up because i dont get the trades in order but in availability at my library. If i had the money i would like to own a big trade of whole runs.

Magnum V.I.
01-26-2008, 08:07 AM
I have a way to go. Ive read most of Mike Carey's run and some of Lea hernadez's run. I only read One trade of Ennis's and that was Son of Man i think it was called. Im enjoying all of them but its hard to keep up because i dont get the trades in order but in availability at my library. If i had the money i would like to own a big trade of whole runs.

The thing with that is that not all of the runs are in trades sadly. A big majority of them are but there is a huge gap in issues for some.

The Trade paperback List has a good description of all the issues collected as well as the Wiki page.

I've only read the Original Sins Trade, the All his engines OGN and a few selected 1-shots by Diggle i think.

I really like Diggle.

ds9
01-26-2008, 08:12 AM
The thing with that is that not all of the runs are in trades sadly. A big majority of them are but there is a huge gap in issues for some.

The Trade paperback List has a good description of all the issues collected as well as the Wiki page.

I've only read the Original Sins Trade, the All his engines OGN and a few selected 1-shots by Diggle i think.

I really like Diggle.They need a better way of numbering the trades and giving a little rundown on what happened previously. Some trades start with John at a bar and I dont know what the fuck happened previously to put him in what ever mental state hes in.

Magnum V.I.
01-26-2008, 08:14 AM
They need a better way of numbering the trades and giving a little rundown on what happened previously. Some trades start with John at a bar and I dont know what the fuck happened previously to put him in what ever mental state hes in.

Yeah, that's one thing about DC is they don't seem to put out quality trades of ongoing series like this.

Hollingsworth
01-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Jesus. It's on #240? I started coloring it at #84 and did a couple of years. I'm old.

ds9
01-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Jesus. It's on #240? I started coloring it at #84 and did a couple of years. I'm old.How was workin on the book back than?

jason hissong
01-26-2008, 08:56 AM

I really like Diggle.

How was All His Engines?

I need to finish Carey's run via trade. I just read his first Lucifer trade and ordered the next two.

ds9
01-26-2008, 09:00 AM
How was All His Engines?

I need to finish Carey's run via trade. I just read his first Lucifer trade and ordered the next two.
That was good it was the trade that got me hooked on the series.

Magnum V.I.
01-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Jesus. It's on #240? I started coloring it at #84 and did a couple of years. I'm old.

Yep. Old books still kicking.

Magnum V.I.
01-26-2008, 09:02 AM
How was All His Engines?

You know what? I really, really enjoyed it. it was a fun Constantine Story. Made me happy with collecting Hellblazer as it was the first trade I read.

Hollingsworth
01-26-2008, 09:36 AM
How was workin on the book back than?

Good fun. It was my first Vertigo book, before Preacher. Worked on it with Jamie Delano, then Eddie Campbell then Paul Jenkins on writing and all with Sean Phillips drawing it. Good job. Lou Stathis was the editor, Axel Alonso was the Assistant Editor.

ds9
01-26-2008, 09:51 AM
They really need to redo the trades for the earlier books.

jason hissong
01-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Good fun. It was my first Vertigo book, before Preacher. Worked on it with Jamie Delano, then Eddie Campbell then Paul Jenkins on writing and all with Sean Phillips drawing it. Good job. Lou Stathis was the editor, Axel Alonso was the Assistant Editor.

I know it's been around for 240 issues, but am I the only one amazed by the level of talent this book has had working on it?

Just some great names throughout it's history.

ERNIE_E
01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Diggle's been great on the current run. This book has always been quality.

changingshades
01-26-2008, 10:23 AM

you are.

but we still love you

artimoff
01-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Carey's run was amazing. I think it's my favorite Hellblazer run.

changingshades
01-26-2008, 10:26 AM
I dropped it about 2 years ago right before I moved because there was a new writer and I needed to trim my pulls. I picked up 4 random issues out of the free bin today and it looks.

changingshades
01-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Carey's run was amazing. I think it's my favorite Hellblazer run.

I honestly haven't read anything that was as consistently awesome as Ennis's run. But they were all good. Even the overly shit on Jenkins run.

artimoff
01-26-2008, 10:30 AM
I honestly haven't read anything that was as consistently awesome as Ennis's run. But they were all good. Even the overly shit on Jenkins run.

I dropped the book durring Jenkins run, & Ellis' run, & Az's run.

Magnum V.I.
01-26-2008, 10:38 AM
heh, What's really cool in this issue is that Constantine tells us the secret to Magic, Any cunt could do it. :lol:

(I thought that was a really cool nod to that Moore interview)

changingshades
01-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I dropped the book durring Jenkins run, & Ellis' run, & Az's run.

heh. yeah I did too and I either found the missing issues in trades or the dollar bins.