PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Blues Image Comics' release event at Acme Comics this Saturday!

Lord Jermaine Retail
01-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Our Greensboro boys Ryan Rubio and Thomas Boatwright (artist of The Surreal Adventures of Edgar Allan Poo graphic novel) have struck it big like we always said they would and their comic has been picked up by Image Comics, one of the top publishers in the industry!

Acme Comics and its customers have supported the Cemetery Blues projects from their Free Comic Book Day special to the Curse of Wallace Manor three issue mini-series, now its time for you to come out to celebrate the NATIONWIDE release of:

Cemetery Blues #1 - The Haunting of Hernesburg!

http://www.newsarama.com/ImageComics/Shadowline/CemeteryBlues/CemeteryBlues_1_FC.jpg

NOTE: Copies will be pulled for subscriptions but will be held for general purchase until Saturday January 19th for the release event so you can get your copies signed by both writer and artist. Each issue is $3.50 and there will be no limit to how many can be purchased so be sure to come out if you want one signed!

ACTIVITIES

Signatures from Rubio and Boatwright are free.

Original sketches may be commissioned at the artist's discretion, please inquire about pricing.

Boatwright will be working on a large original art piece that will be awarded to those who apply for it via free raffle. Winner will be notified on the following Monday, January 21st.

To coincide with the release of Cemetery Blues, Acme will present the classic 1958 Hammer Horror film The Horror of Dracula starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee!
[/LIST]

I've just seen a copy myself and it looks sweet. Even if you aren't local, do check out this book when you hit the shop next!

Mark your calendar, tell your friends, and I'll see you on the 19th! And when you get here, tell me Lord Retail sent ya! Wait, do what now? :mistrust:

Acme Comics
2150 Lawndale Dr
Greensboro, NC 27408
336-574-2263

Marc Lombardi
01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
That's actually the cover to #2.

Here's the cover to issue number 1 (out tomorrow)
http://www.newsarama.com/ImageComics/Shadowline/CemeteryBlues/CemeteryBlues_1_FC.jpg

Lord Jermaine Retail
01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
That's actually the cover to #2.

Here's the cover to issue number 1 (out tomorrow)

Thanks! I'll get that changed up.

I expect the series to perform well. We could never keep the first series in stock for extended periods, people would always buy whatever we had.

Marc Lombardi
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks! I'll get that changed up.

I expect the series to perform well. We could never keep the first series in stock for extended periods, people would always buy whatever we had.
By all means, repost #2. It's an AWESOME cover. Just wanted to help pimp the event for you by promoting the cover to the issue they'll be signing.

Lord Jermaine Retail
01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
By all means, repost #2. It's an AWESOME cover. Just wanted to help pimp the event for you by promoting the cover to the issue they'll be signing.

I know you're the Shadowline Pimp and I've seen you around here, but I don't know exactly who you are and what you do. Who are you and what do you do?

Marc Lombardi
01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
I know you're the Shadowline Pimp and I've seen you around here, but I don't know exactly who you are and what you do. Who are you and what do you do?
I don't work for them and only do this out of my desire to get my feet wet doing PR for a comic company. Jim and Kris ran a contest last year to help promote their comics and I took that as a way to help get started (and since I like essentially everything they put out it makes my "job" easy). I won the contest and the new screenname just stuck. Consider me an unpaid intern working on an unofficial basis.

Lord Jermaine Retail
01-15-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't work for them and only do this out of my desire to get my feet wet doing PR for a comic company. Jim and Kris ran a contest last year to help promote their comics and I took that as a way to help get started (and since I like essentially everything they put out it makes my "job" easy). I won the contest and the new screenname just stuck. Consider me an unpaid intern working on an unofficial basis.

I didn't know any of that. That's pretty cool. I'm pretty much on duty 24/7 talking or promoting comics in real life and on here so I can relate 100%.

I consider myself an unpaid representative for Marvel Comics. ;)

Marc Lombardi
01-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't know any of that. That's pretty cool. I'm pretty much on duty 24/7 talking or promoting comics in real life and on here so I can relate 100%.

I consider myself an unpaid representative for Marvel Comics. ;)
I noticed. :)

I also changed my name rather than allow my real name to be as searchable as it once was. Especially since most of my posting seems to occur while at my real (paying) job. So what if I'm a manager...I still have to lead by example!

Tell Boatwright and Rubio that "Pimpsquad Marc" says hello when you see them this weekend.

Brian Defferding
01-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Oh shit, that's fantastic news! Ryan's a great guy. Great to hear Image is now their publisher!

Marc Lombardi
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Oh shit, that's fantastic news! Ryan's a great guy. Great to hear Image is now their publisher!
Ahem....and SPECIFICALLY Shadowline.

Also, Deff, I sent a picture of your new tat to Dwight MacPherson (a big Cthulhu fan) and he was impressed.

Brian Defferding
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Ahem....and SPECIFICALLY Shadowline.

Also, Deff, I sent a picture of your new tat to Dwight MacPherson (a big Cthulhu fan) and he was impressed.

Dwight! Oh cool, Dwight's a great guy. I worked with him briefly, he's super nice!

Lord Jermaine Retail
01-15-2008, 01:34 PM

Your tattoo is out of control, man. There has to be a story behind it so next time I see you I wanna hear it.

Also, let me know about Heroes Con. If you can put in for an extra day before or after, you can come check out my shop up in Greensboro!

Brian Defferding
01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Your tattoo is out of control, man. There has to be a story behind it so next time I see you I wanna hear it.

Also, let me know about Heroes Con. If you can put in for an extra day before or after, you can come check out my shop up in Greensboro!

Sounds great, I'll keep you in the loop on Heroes Con :cool: :D

I gotta get to your store one of these days!

ClintP
01-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Great song to play at a comic store!

Lord Jermaine Retail
01-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Expecting a good turn out for this and will post pictures when I have them.

bartleby
01-18-2008, 03:47 AM
Expecting a good turn out for this and will post pictures when I have them.

Even with with 1-3" of snowfall expected?

Lord Jermaine Retail
01-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Even with with 1-3" of snowfall expected?

Yes. Thursday was supposed to be a second ice age and we were ok, so I'm hoping for the best again.

Lord Jermaine Retail
01-19-2008, 05:37 AM
*bump*

Violet Curmudgeon
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
just a couple of hours left if you are close enough to make it...