PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: No Babies for Me

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:00 AM
I've taken measures.

And the world breathes a collective sigh of relief.

R

Jef UK
01-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Ouch.

Gunter
01-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I've taken measures.

R

Did you measure twice, cut once?

Cause that's the best policy.

Jim T.
01-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Looking forward to the thread entiteld "So I got talked into reversing my vasectomy"... :wink:

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Ouch.

Not nearly as bad as you'd think. The procedure itself is fine, and then you're just sore for a couple days. I'm 3 days out and feeling just a little tender.

R

The Dean
01-07-2008, 08:03 AM
I now know too much about your balls.

Nick Spencer
http://www.kimball.k12.sd.us/FIRE/home%20alone.jpg

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Shepherd
Did you measure twice, cut once?

Cause that's the best policy.

I don't think there was any measuring involved, but there was definitely two cuts.

R

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Looking forward to the thread entiteld "So I got talked into reversing my vasectomy"... :wink:

I doubt it. We decided on adoption long ago.

R

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
Now ger out there and fuck.

jason hissong
Just sounds painful.

I'm sad your wife couldn't make it for the Holidays/meet up. Are you back in Korea now?

Shepherd
I now know too much about your balls.

Well, since you already know, would you like to know some more?

R

Rosemary's Baby
01-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I thought about this, but I think I'll wait a few years before I do so.

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:05 AM

Still tender. I doubt it would be pleasant at this point.

R

ZombieSpeedball
01-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Oww.

Gunter
01-07-2008, 08:07 AM
I don't think there was any measuring involved, but there was definitely two cuts.

R

Yeah, I've been there.

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Just sounds painful.

I'm sad your wife couldn't make it for the Holidays/meet up. Are you back in Korea now?

Not nearly as bad as I expected.

Yeah, she's sad she couldn't come too, but she'll be with me next US visit. We decided not to do this again. It sucks being away from her. I'm still in the US, though. I definitely wouldn't have let someone cut me unless I was 100% sure I understood every word coming out of their mouth.

R

jason hissong
01-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Not nearly as bad as I expected.

Yeah, she's sad she couldn't come too, but she'll be with me next US visit. We decided not to do this again. It sucks being away from her. I'm still in the US, though. I definitely wouldn't have let someone cut me unless I was 100% sure I understood every word coming out of their mouth.

R

:lol:

Forrest
01-07-2008, 08:08 AM
I did this, too. And yep, it definitely makes you walk funny for about three days but overall, if you take two or three days off work, it's a pretty carefree procedure.

Thanos~Angel~2099
01-07-2008, 08:09 AM

just make sure to still wear a condom. babies have been known to spring up post-vas.

sterile relationships are quite exciting I must say.

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:09 AM
I thought about this, but I think I'll wait a few years before I do so.

I've known I was going to do it for years, but I wanted to get married first just because I wanted to be sure my future wife would be on board. Then, I waited another year just to make sure she was SURE sure.

R

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I did this, too. And yep, it definitely makes you walk funny for about three days but overall, if you take two or three days off work, it's a pretty carefree procedure.

Yep, pretty simple and not nearly as bad as you'd expect.

R

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:13 AM
just make sure to still wear a condom. babies have been known to spring up post-vas.

sterile relationships are quite exciting I must say.

I'm well aware. I'll still be playing it safe until I'm 100% sure.

R

Nick Spencer
01-07-2008, 08:15 AM

R

But how will know for sure if you're always playing it safe?!!

BANTER!

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:17 AM
But how will know for sure if you're always playing it safe?!!

BANTER!

I'm sure wackin' off in cups will be involved...

R

Gunter
01-07-2008, 08:17 AM

R

When I had mine done I think it was 30 days, or six weeks that the sperm can still be active.

Or there was a certain number of ejaculations.

Then I got tested.

jess
01-07-2008, 08:19 AM
i'm getting scotty to get one, too. no more for us.

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:21 AM
When I had mine done I think it was 30 days, or six weeks that the sperm can still be active.

Then I got tested.

8 weeks and 15-30 ejaculations (one pamphlet says 15, the other says 30), then the test.

R

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:23 AM

He can join my club: The Vasectomites!

R

Gunter
01-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Did you have to have a counseling session? I know a lot of guys that did, but I didn't.

Gunter
01-07-2008, 08:24 AM
He can join my club: The Vasectomites!

R

Can I join?

We can have a secret handshake. Just two fingers in a clipping motion.

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Did you have to have a counseling session? I know a lot of guys that did, but I didn't.

Yeah, I had to have one before. It was really simple, though. They just tell you how things will go down, basically.

R

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Can I join?

We can have a secret handshake. Just two fingers in a clipping motion.

Sure. We'll bring up the handshake at the next meeting.

R

matches
01-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I had one a few years back and agree it's a snap. (pun sort-of unintended). $30 copay, they do it in the doctors office, takes about 20 minutes. Simple and relatively painless.

My post-V period lasted like six months, though. Definitely make sure you've got the all-clear from the urologist.

Thanos~Angel~2099
01-07-2008, 08:29 AM

Then I got tested.

we were told 10 ejaculations. but it was still something like 5wks before we did anything (protected or not).

Brian Defferding
01-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm thinking of getting one. How long after the procedure until you can have sex again?

Garth
01-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm sure wackin' off in cups will be involved...

R

Welcome to my world. I do that 2-3 times a week for sperm donation. I am kind of the anti-you.

Gunter
01-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm thinking of getting one. How long after the procedure until you can have sex again?

I had to wait a week.

Marc Lombardi
Not nearly as bad as you'd think. The procedure itself is fine, and then you're just sore for a couple days. I'm 3 days out and feeling just a little tender.

R
Took me about a week total and I felt fine.
Losten to what people tell you about the frozen peas. It actually helps!

Thanos~Angel~2099

depends on how well you heal, what the process was and all that. YMMV

Marc Lombardi
01-07-2008, 08:33 AM
One week. Unless you're into some crazy Tommy Lee chicks-hanging-from-swings shit...and then it's about a month.

Also, you need to wait about three months before you go "unwrapped" to make sure all the babyjuice is gone.

Brian Defferding
01-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Also, you need to wait about three months before you go "unwrapped" to make sure all the babyjuice is gone.

Ahhhhh, good to know. Thanks!

Marc Lombardi
01-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Ahhhhh, good to know. Thanks!
Yeah...if you get the procedure done, any doctor worth the paper his diploma is printed on wont give you the all clear unless you come back with a "0" sperm count on a follow up test.

matches
01-07-2008, 08:39 AM
I had to wait a week.

.. and frankly that was about the soonest I *wanted* to again. It takes a little while for the soreness to go away.

adam_warlock_2099
01-07-2008, 08:41 AM
I've taken measures.

R

Had mine done after our second child was born. I got two days of iced down balls and video games.

But on the other hand, mine wasn't as "textbook" as I was lead to believe.

RebootedCorpse
01-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Aren't you in your 20s?

Thanos~Angel~2099
01-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Aren't you in your 20s?

does that matter?

if he wants to adopt, good for him

RebootedCorpse
01-07-2008, 08:51 AM
does that matter?

if he wants to adopt, good for him

You'd probably never find a doctor in the U.S. to do that to a guy in his 20s.

Marc Lombardi
01-07-2008, 08:54 AM

Yes you would. There are many doctors who will openly discuss the procedure with someone and determine if they're doing it for the right reasons and have really given the issue some thought. Now, if you said that you'd have a hard time finding a doctor willing to give a woman in her 20s (or her 30s for that matter) a voluntary histerectomy that had little or nothing to do with physical health, then I'd have agreed with you.

tstouder
01-07-2008, 08:54 AM

not true for everybody unfortunately. I had the snip done August 2006. I've dropped off samples every 4 weeks and I'm still not completely shooting blanks. the count just gets smaller and smaller each time. the doctor said that some people can take 18 months or more to be completely cleaned out. :surrend:

Jim T.
01-07-2008, 08:55 AM
not true for everybody unfortunately. I had the snip done August 2006. I've dropped off samples every 4 weeks and I'm still not completely shooting blanks. the count just gets smaller and smaller each time. the doctor said that some people can take 18 months or more to be completely cleaned out. :surrend:

Holy shit! That's awful!

RebootedCorpse
01-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Yes you would. There are many doctors who will openly discuss the procedure with someone and determine if they're doing it for the right reasons and have really given the issue some thought. Now, if you said that you'd have a hard time finding a doctor willing to give a woman in her 20s (or her 30s for that matter) a voluntary histerectomy that had little or nothing to do with physical health, then I'd have agreed with you.

Sexist! ;)

Marc Lombardi
01-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah...very true. My doc told me three months is the baseline date and it could take anywhere up to a year or more. Sorry to hear about you being on that latter end.

matches
01-07-2008, 08:57 AM

I'll bet that prior to your big V, though, you were able to impregnate women just by looking at them. :scared:

tstouder
01-07-2008, 08:58 AM
actually the worse thing for me wasn't the actual procedure or the slight tenderness...it was the damn shaving and the regrowing of hair. that drove me nuts for weeks afterwards.

Forrest
01-07-2008, 09:04 AM

I was 25 when I got mine done by the first urologist I went to (a normal, experienced, professional who took my Blue Shield insurance :p). He informed me of the procedure and that it should be viewed as permanent. However, he outright told me that it's my responsibility to decide if I want/need the procedure, not his responsibility. (He said he's not qualified to give a psychological assessment for something like that. And if I have any doubts, I should hold off. I didn't because my wife has medical conditions which make it unsafe for her to become pregnant.)

I've heard of others in their 20s who got vasectomies as well.

jess
01-07-2008, 09:07 AM

hell yes they will! to prevent unplanned pregnancy, they'll do almost anything.

scotty is 21 and his doctor gave him the okay, but we also already have a child. i have a five- year birth control device that they only give to mothers, so he's got about three and a half years to set up his appointment.

RebootedCorpse
01-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I was 25 when I got mine done by the first urologist I went to (a normal, experienced, professional who took my Blue Shield insurance :p). He informed me of the procedure and that it should be viewed as permanent. However, he outright told me that it's my responsibility to decide if I want/need the procedure, not his responsibility. (He said he's not qualified to give a psychological assessment for something like that. And if I have any doubts, I should hold off. I didn't because my wife has medical conditions which make it unsafe for her to become pregnant.)

I've heard of others in their 20s who got vasectomies as well.

Wow. My friend is 42 and when he wanted to get one when he was 25, he could not find a doctor to do it. He had to wait until he was 30.

jess
01-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Wow. My friend is 42 and when he wanted to get one when he was 25, he could not find a doctor to do it. He had to wait until he was 30.

live in the bible belt?

RebootedCorpse
01-07-2008, 09:11 AM
live in the bible belt?

Nope. About a million peolpe in a metro area in Michigan.
He was also an upper-middle class white guy. Maybe doctors react differently based on that type of shit.
Not that they should.

Marc Lombardi
01-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey Shep...did you get alarmed when you saw the smoke during your procedure?

jess
01-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Nope. About a million peolpe in a metro area in Michigan.
He was also an upper-middle class white guy. Maybe doctors react differently based on that type of shit.
Not that they should.

but they do :)

they totally do. a 25 year old hispanic or black guy would have gotten completely different answers. sad.

Marc Lombardi
01-07-2008, 09:14 AM
but they do :)

they totally do. a 25 year old hispanic or black guy would have gotten completely different answers. sad.
Also...if you don't have insurance.

jess
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Also...if you don't have insurance.

true.

Scotty
01-07-2008, 09:18 AM

You didn't discuss this with me. :scared:

Marc Lombardi
01-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't accept any drinks from her in the future if I were you.

Scotty
01-07-2008, 09:20 AM

Now I know why she wanted me to come visit her.

Marc Lombardi
01-07-2008, 09:22 AM
"Would you like another Margarita? Don't mind the grainyness in this one. It's a special ingredient."

Scotty
01-07-2008, 09:24 AM
"Would you like another Margarita? Don't mind the grainyness in this one. It's a special ingredient."

: protects balls :

jess
01-07-2008, 09:42 AM

it doesn't help my argument by saying 'wrong scotty' when you have the same last name, too.

i would never dope a drink! i would have the common courtesy to hand you the pill.

muahahahahaha!

mmm.... sexy.

: protects balls :

your balls are safe. texas scotty's are in fact, not so safe :twisted:

Gunter
01-07-2008, 09:43 AM

I was 28

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:10 AM

I was told a week, but my dad said he tried at the week mark and it wasn't pleasant.

R

Mister Mets
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Um, congrats?

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Aren't you in your 20s?

28, but why does it matter? My wife and I talked. We don't want our own kids and prefer to adopt.

R

tstouder
01-07-2008, 10:13 AM
I was told a week, but my dad said he tried at the week mark and it wasn't pleasant.

R

I was told a week as well...but the thought of ripping stitches in my balls made me wait awhile longer :)

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM

Ummm, I'm in my 20s and had it done. I had a friend get his done at 23.

R

RebootedCorpse
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, the doctor said he's never do it for a guy in his 20s unless it was obvious the gene pool would benefit from the remov...uh...
Ooo.
Hey, can you believe that Spider-Man?

:wink:

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
actually the worse thing for me wasn't the actual procedure or the slight tenderness...it was the damn shaving and the regrowing of hair. that drove me nuts for weeks afterwards.

It is me right now too. I think that's more uncomfortable than anything else.

R

Roger
01-07-2008, 10:18 AM
i'm going to do that this year sometime myself.

i hate kids and don't want them!

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey Shep...did you get alarmed when you saw the smoke during your procedure?

Nah, my balls are always smoking. That's normal, right?

R

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Well, the doctor said he's never do it for a guy in his 20s unless it was obvious the gene pool would benefit from the remov...uh...
Ooo.
Hey, can you believe that Spider-Man?

:wink:

It's not really a slam when you're intentionally removing yourself from the gene pool :)

R

Roger
01-07-2008, 10:21 AM

i won't have to worry about that...i'm always shaved!
:)

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:22 AM
i'm going to do that this year sometime myself.

i hate kids and don't want them!

I actually like kids, but don't particularly like infants and don't particularly care if they have the same genes as me. I figure, there's tons of kids without parents. I'd rather take care of some of them before making any of my own.

R

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 10:22 AM
i won't have to worry about that...i'm always shaved!
:)

You're halfway there already, then.

R

jess
01-07-2008, 10:54 AM
I actually like kids, but don't particularly like infants and don't particularly care if they have the same genes as me. I figure, there's tons of kids without parents. I'd rather take care of some of them before making any of my own.

R

that's so sweet of you!

adam_warlock_2099
01-07-2008, 10:59 AM

R

My wife (Thanos-Angel-2099) and I were just talking about this at lunch. With some of the responses that you got about getting a vesectomy in your 20's. I pertty much said that . . . there are a lot of unwanted children that need a home, and it's nice that there is someone that is willing to help them.

Good show sir.

Thanos~Angel~2099
01-07-2008, 11:56 AM

the dr that did my husband's usually won't do a vas until the man is 30. there are others that will do them at 21. our dr pretty much took one look at my pregnancy history and said "let's do this. . how's friday?"

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
My wife (Thanos-Angel-2099) and I were just talking about this at lunch. With some of the responses that you got about getting a vesectomy in your 20's. I pertty much said that . . . there are a lot of unwanted children that need a home, and it's nice that there is someone that is willing to help them.

Good show sir.

Thanks to both you and Jess, but my wife definitely deserves half the credit here.

R

Shepherd
01-07-2008, 01:01 PM
the dr that did my husband's usually won't do a vas until the man is 30. there are others that will do them at 21. our dr pretty much took one look at my pregnancy history and said "let's do this. . how's friday?"

My friend got his about 21 or 22 and had no problem. I got mine at 28 and had no problem. We were both asked if this was really what we wanted to do. I explained what I wanted to do and why, and the doctor was totally okay with it.

R

Scotty
01-07-2008, 01:27 PM
it doesn't help my argument by saying 'wrong scotty' when you have the same last name, too.

i would never dope a drink! i would have the common courtesy to hand you the pill.

muahahahahaha!

mmm.... sexy.

your balls are safe. texas scotty's are in fact, not so safe :twisted:

We need to have a Texas Scotty's Ball Party

tstouder
01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
woo-hoo! just talked to my doctor and received my first negative result from my dropoff from last friday. one more and that will be all she wrote. finally after 6 months.

Meteornotes
01-07-2008, 02:02 PM
I had this done a long time ago. I was 22 at the time. I had to go to three doctors before I could find one that would perform the procedure. The first two insisted that I would change my mind and regret it and want a costly reversal or whatever. The third guy talked to me for a few minutes and said, "I can see that you've thought this out, and you really don't ever want to have a child. Let's set up an appointment".

I'm sure things are different now, but then, it was sort of a pain to get the operation.

dt