PDA

View Full Version : Knight Rider returns...

Japhy Ryder
12-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Has anyone else seen the teaser commercial on NBC?

http://screenrant.com/archives/new-nbc-knight-rider-teaser-1259.html

Now the car is a Mustang. One would think after the flop of Bionic Woman, the decision-makers would have waited before green-lighting another dreaded revamped retread. (Sure, Knight Rider was being shot during or before B.W. aired, but you think they would have let B.W. test the waters before diving right in.)

I hope that we get the drunken hamburger eating David Hasselhoff with a potbelly as Michael in the show. KITT would have to drive at all times and essentially be his designated driver, hitting turns at 80, sudden accelerations, causing Michael to beg from the back seat to slow down as he spews up all over himself.

I think I'd watch that show. At least the pilot.

EDIT: Whoa, I just read that Will Arnett is doing the voice of KITT.

Chris McCarver
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Has anyone else seen the teaser commercial on NBC?

http://screenrant.com/archives/new-nbc-knight-rider-teaser-1259.html

Now the car is a Mustang. One would think after the flop of Bionic Woman, the decision-makers would have waited before green-lighting another dreaded revamped retread. (Sure, Knight Rider was being shot during or before B.W. aired, but you think they would have let B.W. test the waters before diving right in.)

I hope that we get the drunken hamburger eating David Hasselhoff with a potbelly as Michael in the show. Kit would have to drive at all times and essentially be his designated driver, hitting turns at 80, sudden accelerations, causing Michael to beg from the back seat to slow down as he spews up all over himself.

I think I'd watch that show. At least the pilot.

There's a thread with it here someplace.

Hoff's in it. The show's set in present-day with him running FLAG and his illegimitate son as KITT's new driver.

Oh, and GOB from Arrested Development replaced Mr. Feeney as the voice of KITT.

Nick Spencer
12-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Haven't seen the pilot yet, but I hear good things.

I'm a Mustang owner, so I love the car of course. It's a beauty.

Japhy Ryder
12-30-2007, 06:31 PM
There's a thread with it here someplace.

Hoff's in it. The show's set in present-day with him running FLAG and his illegimitate son as KITT's new driver.

Oh, and GOB from Arrested Development replaced Mr. Feeney as the voice of KITT.

Thanks! I searched for a thread but couldn't find it.

PimpSlapStick!
12-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Kitt's a mustang, wow

EdNEMO
12-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Great an American made car. So, it must break down a lot. This will be interesting.

Japhy Ryder
12-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Kitt's a mustang, wow

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that. I have a tender spot in my heart for Mustangs, though, so I'm OK with it. Will Arnett doing the voice on top of that. It's all just a little weird.

Japhy Ryder
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Great an American made car. So, it must break down a lot. This will be interesting.

lol. I have my mom's original '66 mustang. Right now it's not terribly functional and back at my folks' house.

PimpSlapStick!
12-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that. I have a tender spot in my heart for Mustangs, though, so I'm OK with it. Will Arnett doing the voice on top of that. It's all just a little weird.

Yeah that is kinda weird, he better be funny.

James Patrick
12-30-2007, 07:19 PM
I hear Kitt calls a hybrid a racial slur and rapes a volkswagon. Not pretty.

Nick Spencer
12-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm just hoping Arnett can sneak in an AD quote/reference somewhere.

PimpSlapStick!
12-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm just hoping Arnett can sneak in an AD quote/reference somewhere.

Yeah and who is gonna be the driver?

Japhy Ryder
12-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah that is kinda weird, he better be funny.

Maybe KITT will do magic tricks involving pennies and lighter fluid shooting out from the air conditioner vents!

Japhy Ryder
12-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Chris Carver said earlier in the thread that Hoff is in it. According to IMDB, the driver is played by Justin Bruening.