PDA

View Full Version : I reverse tailgate

Forrest
12-19-2007, 08:35 AM
If someone is tailgating me, I slow down, especially if they have no way of getting around me. If they do get an opening, I might safely block that opening.

I'm giving them time to chill out and think about what they've done.

Also, I'm most likely to do this to dildo-shaped sports cars and ridiculously massive trucks that look like they've never left paved roads (extra points if the truck has four tires on its back axle). These types seem to need a little extra reflection time.

Jerome Gibbons
12-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for sharing?

Marc Lombardi
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
I thought you meant that you show up late for sporting events and then buy tons of overpriced beer inside in order to get a good buzz going.

DaGetHighKnight
12-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I like to try to put people who ride the bus lane into parked cars, One day I will get a real life take out, cant wait.

Jim.
I thought this was going to be about grilling meats in the parking lot of an arena.

McAfee
I can't wait for your next thread: I JUST GOT ROAD-RAGED LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Buk Was Right
12-19-2007, 08:51 AM
I thought you meant that you show up late for sporting events and then buy tons of overpriced beer inside in order to get a good buzz going.

Or staying sober the entire game and then getting blasted in the lot AFTER the game.

Barry Hollifield
12-19-2007, 08:59 AM
If someone is tailgating me, I slow down, especially if they have no way of getting around me. If they do get an opening, I might safely block that opening.

Also, I'm most likely to do this to dildo-shaped sports cars and ridiculously massive trucks that look like they've never left paved roads (extra points if the truck has four tires on its back axle). These types seem to need a little extra reflection time.

I do exactly the same thing.

JoeE
Yeah, I do that too. If you want to ride within 12 inches of my bumper, well I'm damn sure going to make it a long ride.

If I ever got depressed and want to kill myself, slamming on the brakes when a tailgater is behind me is how I want to go.

TheHanna

I thought I was the only person who did this. Although I just do it out of spite and hatred for them, not so they can cool down.

Donal DeLay
12-19-2007, 09:02 AM
I do exactly the same thing.
Ditto. Especially if I see that fucker zip-dogging through the lanes behind me.

Joe Kalicki
12-19-2007, 09:02 AM
I like to try to put people who ride the bus lane into parked cars, One day I will get a real life take out, cant wait.

I did that to a kid I was racing with on bikes years ago. He flipped onto the hood of a parked car. Good times.

The Dean
12-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey grandma, if someone is on your ass, it means get out of the way! Unless you're already in the right hand lane, let traffic by.

And in all seriousness, it's slow moving traffic that is the cause of most highway accidents. Pissing people off isn't a good move.

Donal DeLay
12-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey grandma, if someone is on your ass, it means get out of the way! Unless you're already in the right hand lane, let traffic by.

And in all seriousness, it's slow moving traffic that is the cause of most highway accidents. Pissing people off isn't a good move.

If I'm going 45mph in a 45mph zone, I ain't movin shit for some speed demon jackass that's late for work. THOSE are the assholes that cause accidents. Not people obeying the law.

The Dean
12-19-2007, 09:27 AM
If I'm going 45mph in a 45mph zone, I ain't movin shit for some speed demon jackass that's late for work. THOSE are the assholes that cause accidents. Not people obeying the law.

In my state, it's also illegal to block traffic- even if they are speeding; you're required to get into the slow moving lane. In other states it's illegal to be passed on the right.

I say be safe, get into the slow moving lane and don't matters worse by blocking people in to "enforce" speed limit. Let the cops catch these guys.

Marc Lombardi
12-19-2007, 09:37 AM

You know what. If I'm going 40 in a 35 and some asshole wants to ride my bumper....screw him! I'd slow down to 30 on a single-lane to piss him off, too...

....if I drove.

DaGetHighKnight
12-19-2007, 09:40 AM
I did that to a kid I was racing with on bikes years ago. He flipped onto the hood of a parked car. Good times.

If i had a shitty car Id have done it already for sure.

Joe Kalicki
12-19-2007, 09:43 AM
If i had a shitty car Id have done it already for sure.

There's an intersection by me where there's a stop sign one way down the street for a side road so that if you're turning left onto the road you don't have to stop, but the people coming in the opposite direction need to. Everytime I go to take a left someone almost kills me, because nobody understands simple right of way rules, I guess.

If I had a cheap POS car I would totally let someone side swipe me there.

ClintP
12-19-2007, 09:46 AM
I will slow down as well, but not much. And I never hinder their escape. To do otherwise might cause you an early death. I don't have that big a hard on to teach someone a lesson.

Forrest
12-19-2007, 09:47 AM

:thumb:

jenifu
12-19-2007, 09:56 AM
i sometimes want to do this.
but i usually realize very quickly that all it does is give me a rage-migraine.
(also, it may make me dead.)
just seems like it kind of perpetuates the problem, you know?

Forrest
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
i sometimes want to do this.
but i usually realize very quickly that all it does is give me a rage-migraine.
(also, it may make me dead.)
just seems like it kind of perpetuates the problem, you know?

Understandable. No rage-migraines here. I worked in fast food and service industries long enough to where I now gain massive amusement at frustrating already angry members of the general public. :)

greg donovan
12-19-2007, 10:35 AM
In my state, it's also illegal to block traffic- even if they are speeding; you're required to get into the slow moving lane. In other states it's illegal to be passed on the right.

I say be safe, get into the slow moving lane and don't matters worse by blocking people in to "enforce" speed limit. Let the cops catch these guys.

exactly.

in reality you are doing the asshats a favor. if you let them speed by on thier merry way thier chances of getting a ticket dramatically increases.

i want them to get caught. that makes me happy.

bartleby
12-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Or staying sober the entire game and then getting blasted in the lot AFTER the game.

That's what I thought.