PDA

View Full Version : Enquirer claims--John Edwards Love Child Scandal

Joe Henderson
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
From the front page of Drudge:

http://www.drudgereport.com/ne.jpg

Didn't see that coming. Taken with the grain of very skeptical salt, of course.

bartleby
12-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Is his baby Bat Boy?!

Ray G.
12-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Hm. I have my doubts.

That would be devastating, though. And likely ensure Obama's nomination. :scared:

Foolish Mortal
12-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Count me as skeptical too. But, every once and awhile the Enquirer has broken a legit story.

Mister Mets
12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Methinks this is way too convenient (a pregnant mistress less than a month before Iowa?) to be legit. So now I'm wondering who faked it?

Did someone at the National Enquirer think it would make for a high profile story now?

Did someone at the Obama Camp want to make sure the Dems have a two way fight and not a three-way fight.

The Clintons don't really benefit from leaking this, unless they want to make Obama look bad.

Perhaps some Republicans or Republican supporters are afraid that he'll be too electable as the White Southern Male in the race.

It could also be an Edwards supporter trying to blame all of the above, and get sympathy for being the target of gross and outrageous lies.

Joe Henderson
12-18-2007, 03:01 PM
What's interesting to me--if, by some odd chance, this does end up being true, does this hurt Hillary as much as Edwards, by bringing up the issue of relationship loyalty and, through that, Lewinsky?

Ray G.
12-18-2007, 03:03 PM
What's interesting to me--if, by some odd chance, this does end up being true, does this hurt Hillary as much as Edwards, by bringing up the issue of relationship loyalty and, through that, Lewinsky?

I don't really think so, but it does hurt her just by virtue of Obama picking up most of Edwards' supporters.

Glixy
12-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Is his baby Bat Boy?!

Bat Boy went to Iraq and Afghanistan to fight for this country!
Edwards should be playing that shit up, not hiding it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/thecosmiccube/BatBoySavestheday.jpg

Jason California
12-18-2007, 03:06 PM
I thought this was for the guy that talked to the dead.

Ryan F
12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Lame. Drudge is an ass, but this is low for even him.

There have been Edwards affair rumors percolating in the background for a few months though.

BTW, Drudge also carried the "Kerry had affair and sent lover to exile in Africa" bullshit in 2004 which turned out to be completely false.

Bill Nolan
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Drudge covers the media. How is this his fault? Is it because he's successful?

Matt Jay
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't see it. He's safe to a fault. Edwards didn't have the nerve to stand up to Cheney on the issue of Iraq in the '04 debate. There's no way he'd risk ruining his career with an affair while he's running for President.

Ryan F
12-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Drudge covers the media. How is this his fault? Is it because he's successful?

Drudge is a member of the media and has basic journalistic responsibilities to confirm his story. I don't care if he's successful or not; he's clearly biased, and he promotes some sketchy shit.

Lots of lazy members of the 24-hour news networks and the blogosphere take a lot of their cues from him. That's not his fault, but it's sad.

RebootedCorpse
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Drudge is a fucktard

Forrest
12-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't see it. He's safe to a fault. Edwards didn't have the nerve to stand up to Cheney on the issue of Iraq in the '04 debate. There's no way he'd risk ruining his career with an affair while he's running for President.

:cool:

JHickman
12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Drudge is a member of the media and has basic journalistic responsibilities to confirm his story. I don't care if he's successful or not; he's clearly biased, and he promotes some sketchy shit.

Lots of lazy members of the 24-hour news networks and the blogosphere take a lot of their cues from him. That's not his fault, but it's sad.

Meh - Drudge has been being fed 'stories' for over 3 years now and it's the NYTimes that feeds him the most. The media are still taking cues from who they always have.

And the Enquirer has a bigger fact checking department than most newspapers.

And, if current and true, wouldn't this mean that Edwards was screwing this lady while his wife was taking chemo?

Man I love election season.

bartleby
12-18-2007, 03:57 PM
And the Enquirer has a bigger fact checking department than most newspapers.

Most of their fact-checking involves whether or not the subject of a story is likely to sue them for libel.

JHickman
12-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Most of their fact-checking involves whether or not the subject of a story is likely to sue them for libel.

Of course it does and we'll see if Edwards sues. They did break Lewinsky.