PDA

View Full Version : Dave Lapham's new VERTIGO ONGOING SERIES!

Shwicaz
12-18-2007, 11:41 AM
He writes it. he draws it. He does the covers.

And I really like his work in color.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=140132

DL: The first arc runs 6 issues which is basically half way to my first "ending" in issue 12. The first arc deals with what happened to Sadie when she got shot in the head and the consequences of that played out as our group of losers travel to Europe to find a 50 million dollar painting while being pursued by an odd collection of German hit men who work for Sadie's billionaire, circus freak fetishising father and who fancy themselves masters of disguise. (Whew!) Meanwhile, Danny finds his sex life greatly improved, and other people get shot.

ha ha

check out the art and interview here:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=140132

Looks like I will buying another monthly.

That will bring my grand total up to 5!

TheGibson
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
How does this help me get more Stray Bullets?

Shwicaz
12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
it doesn't.

from an interview earlier this year:

NRAMA: Iíve got to ask, what is the status of El Capitan and Stray Bullets?

DL: It kills me to put Stray Bullets on hold like itís been. Maria and I both put a lot of years and a lot of hard work into the company and the book. And I still have one issue left in the current arc, left dangling. But the reality the last few years has been that itís faster and pays more to work freelance right now. The reality is I have a family and I canít just say stop everything and letís do Stray Bullets for love. I do love Bullets and know I will complete it, and the sooner the better, but I just canít commit to anything firm.

NRAMA: I think thatís an understandable situation. You released two of the ďdefinitiveĒ collections of Stray Bullets and solicited a third, which never saw print. Do you have a timetable when the remaining books might be coming out?

DL: Same boat as the last question. No one more than me wants those arcs in trade form.

Adrian B AWESOME
12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I want Stray Bullets soooo bad. But this will suffice.

Shwi, did you see the solicit for the other Lapham mini from Marvel? It's Spider-Man, written by DL, drawn by Tony Harris. HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?!

PSkow
12-18-2007, 02:33 PM
sweet, i loved the first half of Stray Bullets!

allanpat
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about this series. I love Stray Bullets, but haven't particularly liked any of the work for hire stuff that lapham has done over the past few years.

Considering this is his own creation, i'm expecting more of the Stray Bullets quality than the Punisher/Daredevil quality

Adrian B AWESOME
12-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about this series. I love Stray Bullets, but haven't particularly liked any of the work for hire stuff that lapham has done over the past few years.

Considering this is his own creation, i'm expecting more of the Stray Bullets quality than the Punisher/Daredevil quality

Tales of the Unexpected was great.

His Giant-Sized Wolverine story with David Aja was great.

Batman: City of Crime is an underrated gem, as is Daredevil/Punisher.

Terror Inc. has been wonderful and his GN Silverfish is fantastic.

The Darkness arc was awful, though.