PDA

View Full Version : Ethan Van Sciver's THE NEW TESTAMENT.

Ethan Van Sciver
12-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Like fellow LDS comic book artist Mike Allred, I am now going to use my god-given drawing ability to illustrate my understanding of the Holy Scriptures. He did the Book of Mormon, so that's taken. I'll do The New Testament.

I read it last night, and I think I understand it.

Here's a rough outline:

What is perceived to be a star over Bethlehem, which guides the shephards and Wise Men to the Baby Jesus is actually an intergalactic virus carried by a meteor, which crashes into a rocky embankment.

Because the New Testament is the very first account of a zombie outbreak.

The rocky embankment is hollowed out and made into a tomb. Lazarus is eventually buried there, and he is the first to revive, and begins to bite the Pharisees. Protecting his disciples from the virus, now that they are awed by his power, is Jesus's fulltime job, and he's good at it. But what will happen when the Zombie Roman Empire and the Zombie Jooooz conspire with a traitor within to finally bring him down? And how long can they hide the secret of a Zombie Son of God?!!! :eek:

And then things get out of control and 5 headed lions fly around.

The End.

Jim T.
12-03-2007, 06:00 AM
I would buy this.

Shane W
12-03-2007, 06:00 AM
I'll wait for the trade.

KingMob
12-03-2007, 06:02 AM
Holy Zombie Jeebus thats amazing!

Gregory
12-03-2007, 06:03 AM
You've just given Bill O'Reilly seizures.

Lyfeforce
12-03-2007, 06:03 AM
I'd buy that for $5.25

It's interesting, I keep hearing about authors trying to write a new take on the Bible. Wonder why?

Ethan Van Sciver
12-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Somewhere in there we'll kill Blue Beetle. Let me run it by Didio.

Corey A.
12-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Who's doing the art?

Ethan Van Sciver
12-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Who's doing the art?

Rob Liefeld.

ThisSpaceForRent
12-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Somewhere in there we'll kill Blue Beetle. Let me run it by Didio.

You know he's going to say "GREAT! But can you come up with 51 slightly different versions for next year's next big weekly series? - COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE TESTAMENT"

KingMob
12-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Rob Liefeld.

I always wanted to see Jeebus with a huge chest and tiny midget like feet with all sorts of lines all over his face and 17,000 pockets all over his robes.

Ethan Van Sciver
12-03-2007, 06:08 AM
I always wanted to see Jeebus with a huge chest and tiny midget like feet with all sorts of lines all over his face and 17,000 pockets all over his robes.

Well, you won't, because I'M drawing it. It's my baby!

KingMob
12-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Well, you won't, because I'M drawing it. It's my baby!

Whip up some character sketches and post them. :lol:

Corey A.
12-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Rob Liefeld.

Needs more hoverboards.

Jason California
12-03-2007, 07:25 AM
This would be THE comic of 2008.

or 2010 when you finnally get it done. Will this be a one shot, because if not I have to totally redo my math.

AAlgar
12-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Ugh, I guess it's gonna be one of those continuity heavy books that assumes I've been reading MIGHTY OLD TESTAMENT for 6000 years.

Jason California
12-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Ugh, I guess it's gonna be one of those continuity heavy books that assumes I've been reading MIGHTY OLD TESTAMENT for 6000 years.

NO, you have it all wrong guy, the Ne Testament was made specificly to bring in new readers. All the old rules are gone. All you need to know is there is on God and Jesus is his son. You pick up everything else on the ride.:)It is the perfect jumping on point, espcecialy since Ehtan is retconing the history.

Taxman
12-03-2007, 07:45 AM
I read it last night, and I think I understand it.:lol:

Gunter
12-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Didn't Jim Shooter already cover this in New Universe?

Thudpucker
12-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Who's Jeebus? Was he one of the apostles?

Jason Rodriguez
12-03-2007, 07:56 AM

Then scroll on down to the Passion of the Liefeld section... (http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/111195363490019.htm)

Thomas Mauer
12-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Make it happen, Ethan! :)

Jim T.
12-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Like fellow LDS comic book artist Mike Allred, I am now going to use my god-given drawing ability to illustrate my understanding of the Holy Scriptures. He did the Book of Mormon, so that's taken. I'll do The New Testament.

Here's a rough outline:

What is perceived to be a star over Bethlehem, which guides the shephards and Wise Men to the Baby Jesus is actually an intergalactic virus carried by a meteor, which crashes into a rocky embankment.

The rocky embankment is hollowed out and made into a tomb. Lazarus is eventually buried there, and he is the first to revive, and begins to bite the Pharisees. Protecting his disciples from the virus, now that they are awed by his power, is Jesus's fulltime job, and he's good at it. But what will happen when the Zombie Roman Empire and the Zombie Jooooz conspire with a traitor within to finally bring him down? And how long can they hide the secret of a Zombie Son of God?!!! :eek:

The End.

Oddly enough, Jesus and virus has been done already in Year Zero (http://www.amazon.com/Year-Zero-Jeff-Long/dp/1416534423/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196701815&sr=8-4

The plague carried in Jeebus' blood gets released in the present day - it kills millions - makes them look like glowing ghosts first before they die. So they clone Jeebus to bring him back to cure it. It was a pretty good read.

S. Earl
12-03-2007, 08:21 AM
I just added it to my pull list.

Guirk the Thudner
12-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Is there anyway we can change the end? Nobody wants to finish on a down note.

Forrest
12-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm waiting for a TPB of the Song of Solomon.

RebootedCorpse
12-03-2007, 08:41 AM
needs more Holy Ghost!

Ashwin Pande
12-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Ethan... you are now my lord god and savior.

JHickman
12-03-2007, 10:42 AM

Here's a rough outline:

The End.

Hate to break it to you, but this is a total derivative of my Vampire Jesus vs. Zombie Dinosaurs out from Image in May (or June)

I'll sue. :)