11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
HAhahahahahahahah! BAnned!

Greenville 90210
11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
SPOILERS. Fuck!

I already knew

D-Money
11-27-2007, 11:18 AM
What in particular brought you to Earth? I mean, was it the smog, the traffic or perhaps the food? Geno's does happen to have some of the tastiest pizza in the galaxy.

"Black Bolt": And chik-fil-a. That is to die for. And you will die for it.

:lol:

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
I already knew

So did I...it was in the Marvel Pulse Newsletter e-mail thing I just looked at 5 minutes before he posted this thread. Still...it is fun to wag a finger at the 'boss'....

das

Marc Lombardi
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Spoilers?

:banned:

This calls for a banning.

HAhahahahahahahah! BAnned!
Creator bashing? :mistrust:

bartleby
11-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Creator bashing? :mistrust:

He wouldn't be the first creator to get suspended/banned.

Ryan Elliott
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Be kind of a one-sided arguement...

Colby
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Ha ha ha, "Gotta say, not a fan of the flat-chinned".

ClintP
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Spoilers?

:banned:

Was this the NA: Illuminati spoiler? If so, god damnit! This was one spoiler I was trying to avoid until dcbs came to my fucking door.

Cth
11-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Heh, "Mr. Black Skrull"..

Cue Barbara Billingsley.

THWIP!
11-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Was this the NA: Illuminati spoiler? If so, god damnit! This was one spoiler I was trying to avoid until dcbs came to my fucking door.

Sorry man.

BENDIS!
11-27-2007, 11:26 AM
its been two months on the spoiler. sorry.

darth vader is luke skywalkers father.

ClintP
Sorry man.
Bendis spoiled it from the thread title then. :surrend: I usually don't give a shit at all, but I wanted a surprise with this.

Pat Loika
It's been out for almost a month now. I'm amazed people have avoided it for that long, considering the nature of the spoiler...

Hilarious article, though.

P.

ClintP
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
It's been out for almost a month now. I'm amazed people have avoided it for that long, considering the nature of the spoiler...

P.

I must have had a record then. I avoided all things Skrull for that long.

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM

Don't know where it came out, but it was in Marvel's Pulse Newsletter today.

das

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
11-27-2007, 11:28 AM
That was pretty entertaining.

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 11:30 AM

In all fairness, the most I've ever seen of Black Bolt is in Ultimate Alliance. I really should expand my horizons a bit, I suppose. :p

das

11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
In all fairness, the most I've ever seen of Black Bolt is in Ultimate Alliance. I really should expand my horizons a bit, I suppose. :p

das

You need to really resd the New Avengers Illuminati mini, and being that you read New Avengers, I'm kinda shocked that you weren't reading it. And hey, Wolvie's on a few pages... :D

And if you're going to read Secret Invasion (which of course will have Logan in it) I'd say Illuminati is pretty much as "must read" as you get.

bartleby
11-27-2007, 11:34 AM

Wasn't it closer to two weeks?

11-27-2007, 11:35 AM

He can't spell. What makes you think he can count?

Jonny Z
11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Gary Garver: Black Bolt, do you jerk off in the shower?

bartleby
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM
He can't spell. What makes you think he can count?

Maybe he just spelled 'weeks' wrong.

ClintP
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM

:-x :-x:-x

King of Mars
11-27-2007, 11:38 AM

.That's really not a long time.

ClintP
11-27-2007, 11:38 AM

I knew it came out in Nov since I have not gotten my Nov comics yet.

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 11:39 AM
You need to really resd the New Avengers Illuminati mini, and being that you read New Avengers, I'm kinda shocked that you weren't reading it. And hey, Wolvie's on a few pages... :D

And if you're going to read Secret Invasion (which of course will have Logan in it) I'd say Illuminati is pretty much as "must read" as you get.

Yeah, well Marvel is putting me in debt. :p I read what I HAVE to read to get my Wolvie fix - which means he sure as hell better appear on more than a 'few' pages. And naked. Don't forget that... ;-)

Yeah, probably going to read Secret Invasion...unless I wait for trade. Not sure yet.

That interview is hilarious! :lol: LOVED the Carson reference! :thumb:

das

That's really not a long time.

I'd say that for people that post on comic boards daily, that's damn near an eternity.

Ryudo
Also, Luke's momma was older than his daddy.

Andrew j
11-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm not so crazy about Dr. Strange being bi. Pick a side!

11-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, well Marvel is putting me in debt. :p I read what I HAVE to read to get my Wolvie fix - which means he sure as hell better appear on more than a 'few' pages. And naked. Don't forget that... ;-)

Yeah, probably going to read Secret Invasion...unless I wait for trade. Not sure yet.

That interview is hilarious! :lol: LOVED the Carson reference! :thumb:

das

In debt? You read like 3 books. :mistrust:

The claim that Wolverine is in every book isn't actually true ya know.

:D

King of Mars
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
I'd say that for people that post on comic boards daily, that's damn near an eternity.Really? I've seen many people on this board get upset over spoilers for books that have been out a lot longer than this.

bartleby
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/archive/2007/110707.txt

So, it's been 20 days. There aren't 10 days in a month, are there?

Matt O'Keefe
11-27-2007, 11:44 AM
I'd say that for people that post on comic boards daily, that's damn near an eternity.

How does posting on a board change anything?

2 weeks is a fairly short period of time.

Petey Parker
11-27-2007, 11:44 AM
arrrgh!!! Should have read that issue when I got it but I'm a bit behind.

Marc Lombardi
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM

Brian...you obviously haven't met the people on your board. For example:

That's really not a long time.

Nick Spencer
And chik-fil-a. That is to die for. And you will die for it.

Liked that.

Cth
30 Days of Night felt like 3 months for some people.

PeterSparker

In Brian's defense, he was using a metric calander.

KingMob

There are in SKRULL TIME!

BENDIS!
sorry for the spoiler.

the books been out.

the point is this free bit of fun we wrote for you. ITS FREE!! ENJOY!!

unless you enjoy whining, then you're already having fun. :)

Shawn_Kehoe
11-27-2007, 11:46 AM

das

There *were* 13 years of classic Marvel comics before Incredible Hulk #180, y'know.

;)

scouser
11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I want a word with that crinkly chinned green skinned skank who replaced Elektra. Whats that bitch done to my girl!

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
In debt? You read like 3 books. :mistrust:

Ugh. If you ONLY knew. I have 4 short boxes, full...and about 110-120 tpbs, all collected in 18 months. Back issues make up a lot of it, too...those aren't always cover price. :p I've probably spent $2000 in just the trades, not to mention all the individual books...ugh. I could have had that new bathroom by now!!!! Damn you, MARVEL!!! :mad: (on a more positive note, if they do kill off Wolverine, I will be able to get that new arm and new leg I've been needing...)

The claim that Wolverine is in every book isn't actually true ya know.

:D

And JUST when I start thinking that, BAM! He makes a three panel appearance in some poor-selling book...and I MISS IT!!! :mad: THEN I gotta go buy it for those inflated 'back issue' prices from on-line outlets.

What'a racket. I think Marvel's really the mob, and not just the namby pamby comic book peddlers they pretend to be.... :mistrust:

das

Cth
sorry for the spoiler.

the books been out.

The best part of this, would have been if the third sentence started with an f.

S
T
F
U

Marc Lombardi
sorry for the spoiler.

the books been out.

Thanks, man! Personally, I enjoyed the article and can give two steaming corn-riddled turds about spoilers.

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 11:52 AM
sorry for the spoiler.

the books been out.

Thank you, btw - it was hilarious!! Now...do a Wolverine one! :mrgreen:

And don't worry about the whining - it IS how we have fun. Thought you knew that already.... :scared: I figgered it out the first week here... :p

das

bartleby
11-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Ugh. If you ONLY knew. I have 4 short boxes, full...and about 110-120 tpbs, all collected in 18 months. Back issues make up a lot of it, too...those aren't always cover price. :p I've probably spent $2000 in just the trades, not to mention all the individual books...ugh. I could have had that new bathroom by now!!!! Damn you, MARVEL!!! :mad: (on a more positive note, if they do kill off Wolverine, I will be able to get that new arm and new leg I've been needing...)

And JUST when I start thinking that, BAM! He makes a three panel appearance in some poor-selling book...and I MISS IT!!! :mad: THEN I gotta go buy it for those inflated 'back issue' prices from on-line outlets.

What'a racket. I think Marvel's really the mob, and not just the namby pamby comic book peddlers they pretend to be.... :mistrust:

It's your own damn fault. Marvel's done everything they possibly can to make Wolverine an unappealing character. But you keep on buying the books.

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
It's your own damn fault. Marvel's done everything they possibly can to make Wolverine an unappealing character. But you keep on buying the books.

But I LIKE unappealing characters. Reminds me of my father... :p

das

King of Mars
11-27-2007, 11:59 AM
sorry for the spoiler.

the books been out.

unless you enjoy whining, then you're already having fun. :)Sooooo...you don't see any purpose to spoiler etiquette on a board like this?

It's not really a big deal (well, not for me anyway:)), and it's cool that you're willing to provide fun little freebies like this...but this sort of thing really can diminish some peoples' enjoyment of their comics.

JBElliott
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Was Black Bolt a Skrull when Hulk beat him up on the Moon?

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Was Black Bolt a Skrull when Hulk beat him up on the Moon?

That question is addressed in the interview Bendis posted....

kinda.

das

bartleby
11-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Is this interview in continuity?

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Is this interview in continuity?

Well, are you incontinent...no, wait, that's not right... :?

das

Blandy vs Terrorism
11-27-2007, 12:11 PM
There *were* 13 years of classic Marvel comics before Incredible Hulk #180, y'know.

;)

Not just that...compared to the number and length of "classic" runs on other Marvel characters, Wolverine wouldn't even fall into the top 5.

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Not just that...compared to the number and length of "classic" runs on other Marvel characters, Wolverine wouldn't even fall into the top 5.

He doesn't need to fall in the top 5, as long as he's MY #1. :mrgreen:

god, that sounded so corny... :p

das

Marc Lombardi
11-27-2007, 12:21 PM
He's the best there is at what he does, bub.

And what he does is appear in comics NOT starring Black Bolt.

Keith P.
11-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I hate going to Chik-Fil-A, there is one down the street from our office that people are always demanding I go to lunch with them at, and its ALWAYS packed overweight, middle aged, Evangelical hausfraus, who drive around in Minivans and SuVs and are constantly popping out crotchbroodlings because they don't have the sense God gave a pissant.

dasNdanger
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
I hate going to Chik-Fil-A, there is one down the street from our office that people are always demanding I go to lunch with them at, and its ALWAYS packed overweight, middle aged, Evangelical hausfraus, who drive around in Minivans and SuVs and are constantly popping out crotchbroodlings because they don't have the sense God gave a pissant.

Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the man today....

das

Shepherd
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM

P.

I don't get my comics until the end of the month (ya know, having them shipped to Korea and all), and had miraculously avoided this spoiler until it was in a thread title. Good times :sad:

R

bartleby
11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't get my comics until the end of the month (ya know, having them shipped to Korea and all), and had miraculously avoided this spoiler until it was in a thread title. Good times :sad:

Now you don't have to read it. That's 15 minutes of you're life that you can do something else with now. You really owe Bendis for that.

D-Money
11-27-2007, 01:01 PM

das

Who knew chicken sandwiches could be so divisive? Chick-Fil-A only gives me good feelings! :)

Nick Spencer
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Who knew chicken sandwiches could be so divisive? Chick-Fil-A only gives me good feelings! :)

In the food court down the street from me, there's a hispanic-run chinese place next to the Chick-Fil-A. The Chick-Fil-A always has this 15 minute line while the chinese place has this sample guy out jabbing toothpicks of barbecued chicken at people while they wait to order.

"Sample? Sample?! Sample?!!"

Everyone just sorta mumbles no and looks down, as if to say "I would rather wait half an hour for this gloriously addictive chicken than eat your food for free."

I'm pretty those guys aren't getting a good feeling off the Chick-Fil-A. In fact, I'm pretty sure they're gonna torch the place soon.

BENDIS!
11-27-2007, 01:42 PM
wow, thread derailed

Keith P.
11-27-2007, 01:45 PM
wow, thread derailed

Here, on this board?

No!

Nick Spencer
11-27-2007, 01:47 PM
wow, thread derailed

I was telling that story in character as Black Bolt Skrull.

So there, fixed.

Ryan Elliott
11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
wow, thread derailed

Quick, lock it before it's too late!

MagicGamer
11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
I was telling that story in character as Black Bolt Skrull.

So there, fixed.

Black Bolt's a skrull? :eek:

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Liked that.

I loved that part! Its all in the intonation. The second sentence should be spoken softer than the first, but very matter-of-factly.

D-Money
11-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Well, maybe those Chick-Fil-A cows are the Skrulls that were turned into cows and are now Sleeper Agents...did you ever think of that? They set their plan in motion years ago and have brainwashed us all with their delicious chicken sandwiches. We have already been conquered. Eat Mor Chikin indeed.... :scared:

RebootedCorpse
11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Suck on this, trade waiters!

Nick Spencer
11-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, maybe those Chick-Fil-A cows are the Skrulls that were turned into cows and are now Sleeper Agents...did you ever think of that? They set their plan in motion years ago and have brainwashed us all with their delicious chicken sandwiches. We have already been conquered. Eat Mor Chikin indeed.... :scared:

DUDE, WHAT THE FUCK?!!!

SPOILERS!!!

ChuckMcButcalf
11-27-2007, 02:08 PM
If Secret Invasion stems from something as far back as Fantastic Four #2, well let's just say that the continuity nerd in me will be giddy as a skrully school girl.

EdNEMO
11-27-2007, 02:08 PM
All I can think of is what do Skrull steaks taste like? And Skrull milk? And if they had changed the Skrulls into Pigs and Chickens, could they have been served as green eggs and ham? A lot of questions need to be answered!!

Keith P.
11-27-2007, 02:11 PM
The Skrulls turned cows are dead, they were slaughtered and turned into beef, which mutated several of the people who ate it, who in turn became the Skrull Kill Krew.

Criden
11-27-2007, 02:27 PM

Actually there is a precedent for this in Marvel continuity....

http://www.progressiveboink.com/b/images/spidey/2.jpg

CHTYLOK, THE CHE-K'N KAU!!

Akira
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM

das

:rofl:

spencerdidyrmom
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Wait a second! Skrulls are invading the Marvel U!?!? And what's Spidey doing on the Avengers!?!?

Pat Shatner
11-28-2007, 04:02 PM
The Skrulls turned cows are dead, they were slaughtered and turned into beef, which mutated several of the people who ate it, who in turn became the Skrull Kill Krew.
Really?
Really? Man! I need to read that shit.

Wait a second! Skrulls are invading the Marvel U!?!? And what's Spidey doing on the Avengers!?!?

Aunt May's in a coma?! I thought she was dead!

Also, what the fuck is Chik-Fil-A?