PDA

View Full Version : Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

silverboy
11-22-2007, 07:02 AM
This is one of those weird holiday traditions that I really don't like, but I can't not watch. There's nothing good about it. My favorite part is probably watching Lifehouse and Good Charlotte painfully lip-synch their songs. I wonder how much they're getting paid.

Foolish Mortal
11-22-2007, 07:06 AM
I liked it better when it was just big balloons and marching bands.

I didn't like it when they started tricking it up with mini-concerts and elaborate song and dance routines. :no:

stevapalooza
11-22-2007, 07:21 AM
I liked it better when it was just big balloons and marching bands.

I didn't like it when they started tricking it up with mini-concerts and elaborate song and dance routines. :no:

They only do all that goofy shit at Macy's where the parade ends. Further up the parade route it's a lot more enjoyable. Everything keeps moving and there's no lip-synching. My dad used to live right up the block from where it starts, and watching it from there was pretty great.

A lot of that shit is taped or fake too. I remember one year I watched the parade live, then went home and watched the coverage and they were showing balloons that weren't even in the parade that year. Trust no one!!

Bill Nolan
11-22-2007, 07:22 AM
The constant barrage of horrible puns coming out of Matt Lauer's mouth is more painful than usual this year...