PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

Rod Nunley
11-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm taking off on vacation tomorrow. The first vacation I've had in a couple of years. The first vacation my girlfriend have taken together.

We're leaving Austin, TX and headed first to Orlando, FL. for two days at the Universal theme park. Then to Wellington, FL for thanksgiving (with a day trip to Miami) with her family. Then on our way back we're going to stay at a bed and breakfast in New Orleans for a weekend.

It's going to be a long drive for sure, but I think a lot of fun.

Any of you guys taking any trips for Thanksgiving?

TheGibson
11-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Mom is flying in from CA tonight, and we're going to my sister's in Wisconsin. Should be a blast.

nihilance
11-15-2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.eq2daily.com/images/Wally.jpg
"Sor-ry...parks closed! H-yuck, h-yuck!"

Rod Nunley
11-15-2007, 11:57 AM
http://www.eq2daily.com/images/Wally.jpg
"Sor-ry...parks closed! H-yuck, h-yuck!"

That's funny as hell.

sans serif
11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
No vacation for Thanksgiving for me. In fact, I may not even have a Thanksgiving dinner. That is, unless I decide to give Tofurkey a try and make it myself.

KingMob
11-15-2007, 12:23 PM
No vacation for Thanksgiving for me. In fact, I may not even have a Thanksgiving dinner. That is, unless I decide to give Tofurkey a try and make it myself.

what in the holy living hell is a tofurkey?

sans serif
11-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Turkey made of Tofu. For the veggie that still wants to celebrate Thanksgiving with a bit of the ol' 'furkey.

KingMob
11-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Turkey made of Tofu. For the veggie that still wants to celebrate Thanksgiving with a bit of the ol' 'furkey.

so its tofu flavored like turkey? or like a big brick of tofu molded to look like a turkey?

sans serif
11-15-2007, 12:30 PM
I've not yet tried it. I'll let you know when I find out.

KingMob
11-15-2007, 12:30 PM
I've not yet tried it. I'll let you know when I find out.

do you think it has bones in it? probably not.

sans serif
11-15-2007, 12:32 PM
do you think it has bones in it? probably not.

Something tells me they don't stick bones in it...

The other day Fygar asked me the same thing about the faux chicken fillets that I got. No bones.

Forrest
11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
In fact, I may not even have a Thanksgiving dinner. That is, unless I decide to give Tofurkey a try and make it myself.

I was vegetarian for four Thanksgivings and I loved Tofurkey! If you try it, make sure to use the gravy that comes with it because it can be a bit bland without. Overall, it's one of the better fake meats (along with pepperoni and ham :D).