PDA

View Full Version : My landlord found out I have a cat.

HoneyDippinDan
05-24-2005, 12:02 PM
It sucks. My landlord stopped me yesterday on my way to work and asked if I had a cat in my apartment. I figured, if she's asking me, she must know something. So I came clean and told her that I do have a cat. She wasn't mad about it, she just said when I've got the time, I need to give her proof that he's got all his shots and has been neutered, a picture of him, and a $200 pet deposit (bye, bye, this month's credit card payment :( ). I was able to get away with having him for seven months.

Here's to hoping that she doesn't find out about my cat's sister, who is also in my apartment. I'm only allowed one cat and I don't want to break up the pair.

I'm also surprised that nobody said anything a couple months ago before I got the sister fixed and she was howling all day when she was in heat.

Taki Soma
05-24-2005, 12:05 PM
It sucks. My landlord stopped me yesterday on my way to work and asked if I had a cat in my apartment. I figured, if she's asking me, she must know something. So I came clean and told her that I do have a cat. She wasn't mad about it, she just said when I've got the time, I need to give her proof that he's got all his shots and has been neutered, a picture of him, and a $200 pet deposit (bye, bye, this month's credit card payment :( ). I was able to get away with having him for seven months.

Here's to hoping that she doesn't find out about my cat's sister, who is also in my apartment. I'm only allowed one cat and I don't want to break up the pair.

I'm also surprised that nobody said anything a couple months ago before I got the sister fixed and she was howling all day when she was in heat.dang, that sucks.

but kitties are so awesome.

DrMachine
05-24-2005, 12:07 PM
that really sucks man

I've been looking at apartments in cities we may have to move to, and I'm really surprised about how many "no cats no dogs" apts there are

GelfXIII
05-24-2005, 12:12 PM
So.... what's your address?
:heybaby: :heybaby: :heybaby:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/gelf13/zorkonPC.jpg

Signed
Zork the Cat :ecstatic:

Taxman
05-24-2005, 12:17 PM
I had to leave an apartment once because of cats. It was a blessing though, because the place was a rat trap.

HoneyDippinDan
05-24-2005, 12:18 PM
So.... what's your address?
:heybaby: :heybaby: :heybaby:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/gelf13/zorkonPC.jpg

Signed
Zork the Cat :ecstatic:
I know what you are thinking and it's too late. Both my kitties are fixed.

Thudpucker
05-24-2005, 12:25 PM
You're really lucky you didn't get slapped with a fine on top of it, your landlord sounds very nice. No way mine would have done that.

I paid a 500.00 pet deposit, and 250.00 is automatically nonreturnable. They might keep the rest too if they want to. It can get alot worse.

HoneyDippinDan
05-24-2005, 12:30 PM
You're really lucky you didn't get slapped with a fine on top of it, your landlord sounds very nice. No way mine would have done that.

I paid a 500.00 pet deposit, and 250.00 is automatically nonreturnable. They might keep the rest too if they want to. It can get alot worse.
I hate paying deposits. It seems that not matter how well you take care of your apartment and no matter how well you clean it before you move, the landlords always find an excuse to keep the deposit. Last time I moved, I spent the enitre weekend scrubbing the crap out of my old apartment. I got $50 back on a $300 deposit.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
05-24-2005, 12:34 PM
She Should Also Find Out You Have A Gun, If You Know What I Mean.

Wayno.

xyzzy
I hate paying deposits. It seems that not matter how well you take care of your apartment and no matter how well you clean it before you move, the landlords always find an excuse to keep the deposit. Last time I moved, I spent the enitre weekend scrubbing the crap out of my old apartment. I got $50 back on a $300 deposit.

Last place I left, I got the almost the full deposit back. And $300 is actually a pretty small amount.

And as a landlord, let me say that I only keep what I use to clean the place. Even if you took pretty good care of it, I'll probably still need to clean the carpet, do touch up painting and probably clean the oven. On several occasions, the deposit doesn't even come close to covering the cleaning bill.

HoneyDippinDan
http://img90.echo.cx/img90/8627/cats0032do.jpg
There's no way I could break up this pair.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
05-24-2005, 12:35 PM
http://img90.echo.cx/img90/8627/cats0032do.jpg
There's no way I could break up this pair.

Well I'd Suggest Keeping Them Away From The Windows.

Wayno.

Artie Pink
05-24-2005, 12:43 PM
I love Zork The Cat's posts!!

And Dan, your cats are very cute. $200 sounds like a hell of a bargain to me.

HoneyDippinDan
05-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Well I'd Suggest Keeping Them Away From The Windows.

Wayno.
I know. I'm going to invest in some of that spray that drives cats away from the sprayed areas.

I have a feeling that what did me in is the butt can I have for my cigarettes on my patio. The cleaning lady comes by in the morning to empty them out if you happen to have one out on your patio. I figured since we are allowed to have a cat, if she saw one, she probably wouldn't think anything of it. Guess I was wrong.

P.S. That's an old picture from a house I used to live in. At my apartment, I keep my blinds shut all the time.