PDA

View Full Version : Mission Accomplished

Ange-face
11-11-2007, 09:31 AM
The Funeral is said and done and my dad is finally put to rest.

I have been to a lot of funerals (unfortunately) in my short life and this one was the loveliest I have seen. And I am not saying that just because it was my dad. Because he was a veteran and had done so much for the organization and his fellow vets, my dad had a full patriot guard and military service.

The Patriot guard stood outside of the funeral home for the extent of the viewing on Saturday morning and they rode ahead and behind the hearse on their motorcycles, each bike with a flag. They also lined the gravesite and played taps at the service.

All of them were so nice and they were just as honored to be there as we were honored to have them. They gave the immediate family pins to commemorate my father's earthly mission being accomplished and presented my nephew (my father's best friend and only grandchild) with a Fallen Hero pin and patch as well.

We were truly moved and having awesome looking bikers hang around was cool too. One of their number was even a photographer and sent me photos he took of the service. It was expressed that these should be posted as you guys might like to see them.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v70/tarnishedhalo/Dad/

The jacket I am wearing is my dad's VVA jacket that he was very proud of.. and the handsome fellow with me (red shirt) is my brother, who came home from Iraq and managed to get to spend one day with my dad before he passed.

The Patriot Guard (in case you didn't know) is proud to ride with funerals of veterans and servicemen to prevent radicals from disrupting the family's time of sorrow. It's a shame that people have showed up to harass families (religious radicals and protestors) but it has happened, regardless of how disrespectful that is.

JLTorres
11-11-2007, 10:28 AM
I want to express my condolences.

I'm glad you were able to see your father off in such a dignified manner.

My thoughts are with you anbd your family.

P.S. As soon as I make my camera work with my computer, you will see pictures of the kitty.

M. Sean McManus
11-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Should we all be so lucky to have such an honorable send off, this world would be a better place indeed.

BronxRonin
11-11-2007, 10:41 AM
God bless...I'm proud to say that i once wore the same uniform.
i thank you for your dad's service.

Mikie
11-11-2007, 01:31 PM
My condolences on your loss.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
11-11-2007, 01:37 PM
have and Hunter gone back to work yet?

Ange-face
11-11-2007, 01:47 PM
have and Hunter gone back to work yet?

Hunter will be back at work tomorrow.

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
11-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Nice talking with you today hun. Glad to hear your dad got such a sweet and proud service!

Ange-face
11-11-2007, 02:43 PM
My friends who went all decided that they wanted to make friends who are bikers so their funeral can be just as awesome.