PDA

View Full Version : Lohan Wants To Be Taken Seriously

BENDIS!
05-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Lohan Wants To Be Taken Seriously

Teen star Lindsay Lohan is fed up with the press only being interested in her wild social life, because she's desperate to be taken seriously as an actress. The 18-year-old actress has signed up to work with Meryl Streep on the upcoming movie from legendary director Robert Altman, the film version of A Prairie Home Companion. And Lohan is enraged her fellow actresses Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson, who are both just two years older than her, are highly praised for their work whereas she's known for her relentless partying and troubled family life. She says, "It's hard for me to have to watch that. I work just as hard as those people and sometimes (the media) make it seem that they're more mature because their fan base is more mature and my fan base is younger So they're writing about me going out all the time. It's easy to over-publicize me. I'm a young kid and I have a lot of pressure... (but) I know work is work."

BWC Boston
05-23-2005, 10:13 PM
WAH! Eat a sandwich and emote, you whiner.

Frozen Sooner
05-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Anyone else read the thread title and think "Then show me your tits?"

Nobody?

Because I'd take that pretty seriously.

CarrieLavon
05-23-2005, 10:15 PM

my thoughts exactly.

she's had this coming... if you dont' want it, then stop acting like it!

Flonk
05-23-2005, 10:18 PM

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Except I would have said "sammich"

So not exactly.

Taki Soma
05-23-2005, 10:19 PM
can someone please take me seriously as well? thank you. I mean, god, it's not like I booze up everyday and stuff and junk.

mike black
05-23-2005, 10:32 PM
can someone please take me seriously as well? thank you. I mean, god, it's not like I booze up everyday and stuff and junk.

Quiet down and draw, you alky. ;)

gwyllgi
05-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh, that idiot needs a sammich and needs to learn to deal with life. She doesn't want to be known as a partier and a coke head or whatever, then she ought to stop fucking around with that stuff and take herself more seriously.

And gain some goddamn weight. She looks sick.

mike black
05-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Oh, that idiot needs a sammich and needs to learn to deal with life. She doesn't want to be known as a partier and a coke head or whatever, then she ought to stop fucking around with that stuff and take herself more seriously.

And gain some goddamn weight. She looks sick.

Dummy up and groom some dogs, Sappho. ;)

gwyllgi
05-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Dummy up and groom some dogs, Sappho. ;)

I might WRITE poetry, but I don't live on a goddamn island. *beats*

mike black
05-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Sorry, sorry. It was much more fun than riffing off of Taki.

gwyllgi
05-23-2005, 10:58 PM
You're never sorry, it's part of your charm, really.

Sappho. Hmpgh. You sayin' I'm a DYKE?

ME?!

mike black
05-23-2005, 11:04 PM
You're never sorry, it's part of your charm, really.

Sappho. Hmpgh. You sayin' I'm a DYKE?

ME?!

I have charm? :)

Dyke? No. But I do delight in hearing about your sexual exploits. It amazes me how cosmopolitan your life is....living in the bible belt. :)

JoshuaFialkov
05-23-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/701/_1106176915.
A step in the right direction, methinks.

gwyllgi
05-23-2005, 11:19 PM
I have charm? :)

Dyke? No. But I do delight in hearing about your sexual exploits. It amazes me how cosmopolitan your life is....living in the bible belt. :)

I do what I can... fuck the bible belt. It makes us all pervy down here cos we like giving a fuck you to the 'moral authority'.

mike black
05-23-2005, 11:25 PM
I do what I can... fuck the bible belt. It makes us all pervy down here cos we like giving a fuck you to the 'moral authority'.

Ladies and gentlemen, the sexual revolution in 95 lbs!

Kenneth I. Wolfe
05-23-2005, 11:52 PM
When she disses Keira and Scarlet like that, I'm not on Lohan's side.

Donal DeLay
05-24-2005, 03:00 AM
Maybe she isn't taken seriously because she hasn't shown one iota of acting ability in ANY of her movies?

Maybe she's seen as immature and a party-girl because she ACTS immature and parties more than Nicole Ritchie.

Maybe if she stopped portraying herself as a partygirl in her own videos, she wouldn't be seen as one.

Maybe if she stopped modelling her music career after Britney Spears, and wrote some meaningful songs, she'b be respected as an artist.

MAYBE, if she took herself seriously and picked her movies a little better she'd get the recognition she wants.

Then again .... maybe not.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
05-24-2005, 03:10 AM
I love it when actresses lose their dignity to the first reporter with a tape recorder they can find...

dEnny!
05-24-2005, 03:34 AM
My advice, grow up and act more mature then maybe you will be taken seriously. It's all about how you carry yourself.

Lohan seems so affected by being a celebrity, while Knightley and Johannson carry themselves with some class and dignity.

dEnny!
05-24-2005, 03:40 AM

Can I throw in my two cents. Don't do something for the sole purpose of saying "fuck you" to the "moral authority." If that is your reasoning behind your decisions then there are bigger issues to deal with because honestly I don't think the "moral authority" really cares (and I'm not saying that to be a jerk). I see people (not saying you) who seem to do stuff to try and get a reaction, to get noticed, to shock, or be in your face and show that we won't conform to your view, but everything's been done and no one really cares. Yeah, some may give you a glance, but most have their own things to deal with to worry about what "you" (in the general sense) are doing.

Here's an example. I was driving home from the movies one night and I noticed a light on in the cab of a truck ahead of me while stopped at a stoplight, which caught my eye. And I see three teenagers a girl driving, a boy in the middle and another girl in the passenger seat and they were kissing one another girl kissing boy, other girl kissing boy, girl kissing girl. Light turns green we move on, I could care less, BUT why was the light on in the cab????

I don't need the light on in my car to kiss my wife. I can find her pretty easily with the illumination provided by lights in my car or the street lights.

WinterRose
05-24-2005, 04:35 AM
And I'm sitting here thinking.... "And I'M not in the movies..."

joeAR
05-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Bwhahahahhahahaha, sorry that was funny

Taki Soma
05-24-2005, 04:58 AM
Quiet down and draw, you alky. ;)
too drunk

Artie Pink
05-24-2005, 05:15 AM
I'll take her seriously... from behind!!

Just kidding, I'm a Hilary Duff-guy.

TheGibson
05-24-2005, 05:25 AM
Hmmmmm... . Scarlet Johansen

The Island (Upcoming)
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (voice)
The Perfect Score
Girl with a Pearl Earring
Lost in Translation
An American Rhapsody
The Man Who Wasn't There
Ghost World
The Horse Whisperer

Aaaaaaaand.... Lindsay Lohan

Herbie: Fully Loaded
Mean Girls
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
Freaky Friday
The Parent Trap

GOOD GOD!! HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY?? I'M SURPRISED YOU HAVEN'T BEEN NOMINTAED FOR A GODDAMN OSCAR YOU DINGY BIMBO SHUTTHEFUCKUP!!

DonFanucci
05-24-2005, 06:28 AM
Whaaa! Take me seriously! I'm acting in a Herbie the Lovebug remake! Whaaaa!

Race
05-24-2005, 06:33 AM
It's like Bozo the Clown asking to be taken seriously - or . . . or frickin' Paris Hilton - geez, who's next in the whiner's parade?

She is so totally off my Top 9 list. :mad:

DonFanucci
05-24-2005, 06:47 AM

That'll teach her!

Race
05-24-2005, 06:54 AM
That'll teach her!

Damn straight! Now I just need to laminate it to make it final . . .

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
05-24-2005, 06:55 AM
It's like Bozo the Clown asking to be taken seriously - or . . . or frickin' Paris Hilton - geez, who's next in the whiner's parade?

Who're you going to replace her with?

Race
05-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Who're you going to replace her with?

Good question . . . Liv Tyler used to be on it but got replaced; I've avoided putting Angelina Jolie on simply 'cause everybody and their mother has a thing for her; I've thought maybe Scarlett Johansen (sp?) at times, Kiera Knightley others . . .

TheGibson
05-24-2005, 07:04 AM
oooohhh....

this could be a whole new thread!

RebootedCorpse
05-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Can I throw in my two cents. Don't do something for the sole purpose of saying "fuck you" to the "moral authority." If that is your reasoning behind your decisions then there are bigger issues to deal with because honestly I don't think the "moral authority" really cares (and I'm not saying that to be a jerk). I see people (not saying you) who seem to do stuff to try and get a reaction, to get noticed, to shock, or be in your face and show that we won't conform to your view, but everything's been done and no one really cares. Yeah, some may give you a glance, but most have their own things to deal with to worry about what "you" (in the general sense) are doing.

That's completely wrong. ALWAYS say "fuck you" to the self-appointed moral authority. It bothers them. They do care or else they wouldn't be doing everything they can to ram their fascist views down our throats.
FUCK THEM! :cool:

Movie Guy
05-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Celebritys like Lohan dont know how lucky thay are. thay have lots of money thay party alot and shes complaning that she wants to be taken seriously she is and i think she dosnt know it yet. I would kill to have what she has.What relly buges me about celebritys is thay have lots of money and thay party alot and have great sex and thay dont do anything but be in movies while we have to work hard at it.Some harder then others thats my feeling on the subject

ihategravity
05-24-2005, 10:58 AM
I say we have 2 choices:

A: We ignore her bitchy, anorexic, whiney pleas for attention.

B: Pull over for the "Whaaaaambulance".

dEnny!
05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
That's completely wrong. ALWAYS say "fuck you" to the self-appointed moral authority. It bothers them. They do care or else they wouldn't be doing everything they can to ram their fascist views down our throats.
FUCK THEM! :cool:

But don't you consider me part of the moral authority? If so...I don't care. :p

gwyllgi
05-24-2005, 11:05 AM

Here's an example. I was driving home from the movies one night and I noticed a light on in the cab of a truck ahead of me while stopped at a stoplight, which caught my eye. And I see three teenagers a girl driving, a boy in the middle and another girl in the passenger seat and they were kissing one another girl kissing boy, other girl kissing boy, girl kissing girl. Light turns green we move on, I could care less, BUT why was the light on in the cab????

I don't need the light on in my car to kiss my wife. I can find her pretty easily with the illumination provided by lights in my car or the street lights.

*patpat* Denny, dear... Don't lecture me. I could care less what they think of me... the only time I do anything to them, say anything to that sort of person, is when they start something first. And yes, then they DO get a big fuck you, because my life is none of their concern.

Don't worry so much. I've never done something solely to get a reaction. If I get a reaction while doing it, so be it. That just adds to the fun of doing it.