PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:05 PM
So, what do you do to inspire yourself when you're feeling less than inspired? Inspiration comes from everywhere and everything, I believe that. But, what about those moments when you feel blinded and can't see it? How do you regain your vision so you can see things clearly again? Thoughts?

RC

Taki Soma
05-23-2005, 10:09 PM
stab your eye

the world looks different when you're seriously injured

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:12 PM
stab your eye

Actually, I've already got issues with my eyes. Been getting blurry spots the last few days or so when I'm reading. Probably need to have my eyes checked.

RC

Humphrey_Lee
05-23-2005, 10:18 PM
I think of boobies, and how if I get off my ass and get some work done, I might just earn the respect of some female who will let me touch hers.....

Still hasn't happened yet though......

*sigh* back to work I guess......

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:19 PM
No one wants to discuss this? Come on, there are lots of creative folks here.

RC

Taki Soma
05-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Actually, I've already got issues with my eyes. Been getting blurry spots the last few days or so when I'm reading. Probably need to have my eyes checked.

RCthen you won't mind losing an eye then right? you're only losing one that's spotty.

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:23 PM
then you won't mind losing an eye then right? you're only losing one that's spotty.

Actually, I would mind. I'm getting a little concerned about what's been happening with my vision. I'm hoping it's just lack of sleep and too many hours in front of a computer screen.

RC

Taki Soma
05-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Actually, I would mind. I'm getting a little concerned about what's been happening with my vision. I'm hoping it's just lack of sleep and too many hours in front of a computer screen.

RC
sorry my dear, I hope that it's nothing too. I was just being silly, as usual. go check it out, it'll save you from worrying.

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I think of boobies, and how if I get off my ass and get some work done, I might just earn the respect of some female who will let me touch hers.....

Still hasn't happened yet though......

*sigh* back to work I guess......

:no:

RC

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:25 PM
sorry my dear, I hope that it's nothing too. I was just being silly, as usual. go check it out, it'll save you from worrying.

Yeah, I knew you were joking around.

RC

Humphrey_Lee
05-23-2005, 10:26 PM
:no:

RC

.... and I didn't even ask you.... curses!

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:29 PM
.... and I didn't even ask you.... curses!

Hey, I reserved the right to respond, it being my thread and all.

RC

lyra
05-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Love....it's all about love.

It makes one irrational and artistic.

Losing it or finding you never had it to begin with makes one very irritable and strangely quite productive...if one can find the medium to express what you are feeling.

I often wonder if the bad ben is right...it's just chemical.
It worries me.

Humphrey_Lee
05-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey, I reserved the right to respond, it being my thread and all.

RC

actually I was implying you're rejecting my offer to........... y'know what, I'm just gonna stop there..... this can only end in banning or jail time ;)

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Love....it's all about love.

It makes one irrational and artistic.

Losing it or finding you never had it to begin with makes one very irritable and strangely quite productive...if one can find the medium to express what you are feeling.

I often wonder if the bad ben is right...it's just chemical.
It worries me.

So, what you're saying is, I need a guy to date, fall in love with, then break up with me?

RC :p

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:33 PM
actually I was implying you're rejecting my offer to........... y'know what, I'm just gonna stop there..... this can only end in banning or jail time ;)

Jail time? Your mind must be horribly corrupt.

RC :p

DrMachine
05-23-2005, 10:34 PM
I find alcohol in copious amounts works well

mike black
05-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Watch a good movie (this is easy for me, due to my job.) Buy a new book you've never read (currently, I'm enjoying The Invisibles..) Read a news story (currently, WarrenEllis.com usually gets me going...) Eh, I don't know. Spend time thinking about things, and where things are going in the future. That's where I get mine.

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
I find alcohol in copious amounts works well

I don't drink. I rarely have in the past, and have now pretty much given it up totally.

RC

lyra
05-23-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't drink. I rarely have in the past, and have now pretty much given it up totally.

RC

Thank Goddard. ;)

gwyllgi
I used to fuck stuff up or have sex. Or walk in the woods. Or write things in my skin.

Anything painful usually gives me ideas....

Humphrey_Lee
The money... think of all the money and what it could buy...

like boobies!

well, more specifically hookers... but whatever, details...

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Watch a good movie (this is easy for me, due to my job.) Buy a new book you've never read (currently, I'm enjoying The Invisibles..) Read a news story (currently, WarrenEllis.com usually gets me going...) Eh, I don't know. Spend time thinking about things, and where things are going in the future. That's where I get mine.

Been thinking a lot lately. I've also been catching up on my dvd watching and reading as much as I can the last few days especially. Been an odd month for me. Anyway, my ideas are nowhere near lacking, just my drive or whatever to actually do anything. Ok, that's not really true either, because I've been doing a lot for other people, just not myself really.

RC

DrMachine
05-23-2005, 10:45 PM
no drinking? then go the opposite direction

try some exercise

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Thank Goddard. ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty much one of those people who screws up once and then never goes down that path again.

RC

mike black
05-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Been thinking a lot lately. I've also been catching up on my dvd watching and reading as much as I can the last few days especially. Been an odd month for me. Anyway, my ideas are nowhere near lacking, just my drive or whatever to actually do anything. Ok, that's not really true either, because I've been doing a lot for other people, just not myself really.

RC

Oh, I know that. I just write in small snippets. No use in forcing it if you don't have to.

Shannon Chenoweth
05-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Oh, I know that. I just write in small snippets. No use in forcing it if you don't have to.

That's true. Looking back, my writing completely ceased the day my cat had to be put to sleep last week. Nothing like losing a childhood pet to bring you down.

RC

Blandy vs Terrorism
05-23-2005, 11:04 PM
stab your eye

You sound a lot like my friend Anko.

Bill?
05-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I find women (particularly naked ones) to be very inspirational.
Iím not sure if that helps you though.