PDA

View Full Version : Butler escapes 'New York' remake

BENDIS!
10-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Butler escapes 'New York' remake
Actor exits film due to creative differences
By MICHAEL FLEMING
Butler

Before they shot a frame of film, Gerard Butler escaped "Escape From New York," the remake of the John Carpenter film.
Right after his turn as the Spartan in "300," Butler made a deal to play Snake Plissken in a film bought at auction by New Line. He left for creative differences. New Line is persevering: studio has brought Jonathan Mostow in to rewrite, with an option to direct.

Butler just began production on Lakeshore's "Game," which Lionsgate will distribute. He'll next be seen starring in the Richard LaGravanese-directed "P.S., I Love You," the Guy Ritchie-directed "Rock N Rolla," and Fox-Walden's "Nim's Island."

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
10-30-2007, 07:34 PM
This movie should never be made.

Nick Spencer
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Butler escapes 'New York' remake
Actor exits film due to creative differences
By MICHAEL FLEMING
Butler

Before they shot a frame of film, Gerard Butler escaped "Escape From New York," the remake of the John Carpenter film.
Right after his turn as the Spartan in "300," Butler made a deal to play Snake Plissken in a film bought at auction by New Line. He left for creative differences. New Line is persevering: studio has brought Jonathan Mostow in to rewrite, with an option to direct.

Butler just began production on Lakeshore's "Game," which Lionsgate will distribute. He'll next be seen starring in the Richard LaGravanese-directed "P.S., I Love You," the Guy Ritchie-directed "Rock N Rolla," and Fox-Walden's "Nim's Island."

Thank God. Now he'll still have a career.

Howlett
10-30-2007, 07:35 PM

If it keeps going the way it's going, it thankfully never will be.

Ben
10-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Why are they bothering with this? The original is still fine. Just change the dates, and it'll look like they just made it.

Amos Moses
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Fuck Hollywood up it's tinsel ass. One should never remake a Kurt Russel action movie. Never!

Supajoe
10-30-2007, 07:54 PM
no one will ever top kurt russell as snake. no one.

NickT
10-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Shame, Butler could have been an interesting Snake.

TheHanna
10-30-2007, 08:34 PM
no one will ever top kurt russell as snake. no one.

Which is why Kurt Russell should play Solid Snake in the Metal Gear movie (if it ever gets off the ground, god forbid).

joespam
10-31-2007, 08:27 AM
And from the other side, I think the original, while not without its charm, had a lot of missed potential that the right remake with the right people could definitely exploit.

Hearing about trouble like this makes me doubt that this is the right remake with the right people, though.

Ben
10-31-2007, 08:41 AM
And from the other side, I think the original, while not without its charm, had a lot of missed potential that the right remake with the right people could definitely exploit.

Hearing about trouble like this makes me doubt that this is the right remake with the right people, though.All of the missed potential from the first one was realized in teh second. Surfing, evil plastic surgeons, etc.

Scotty
10-31-2007, 08:55 AM

Normally I'm all for remakes but I agree.

danlomb
10-31-2007, 08:56 AM
All of the missed potential from the first one was realized in teh second. Surfing, evil plastic surgeons, etc.

correction: evil plastic surgeons PLAYED BY BRUCE CAMPBELL, etc.