PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Solicits Jan '08

ClintP
10-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Up at Marvel.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?date=2008-01

and now at ComicBookResources if you like their presentation better.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12129

and finally, newsarama

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jan08/solicitations.html

Ben
10-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Comics!

THAT Sean!
10-16-2007, 07:04 AM
I love database errors.

"Rating: NOT IN ORACLE"

NickT
10-16-2007, 07:09 AM
I love database errors.

"Rating: NOT IN ORACLE"
You write Oracle now, change it!

ClintP
10-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Heck yeah comics!

I am interested in the following:
SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... # 1
NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI PREMIERE
- I am selling my issues pretty soon for all my Avengers titles and getting the Premiere HCs. They grew on me.
YOUNG AVENGERS OHC
- Been wanting to check this series out. Looks like this is the perfect time.

Matt Jay
10-16-2007, 07:11 AM
"Ultimate Human". I didn't know it was going to be called that. Funny stuff.

Ben
10-16-2007, 07:12 AM
I love database errors.

"Rating: NOT IN ORACLE"That's better than DC's database errors:

"Rating: Countdown Tie-in!"

ClintP
10-16-2007, 07:13 AM
No SMLMJ OHC Vol 2... :(

NewChad
10-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Salvador Larocca's on Ult X-men now?!

And hooray for Bagley getting Mighty Avengers back on track!

and finally...

YOUNG AVENGERS OHC!!!!!

HOORAY!!!

Jim McCann
10-16-2007, 07:23 AM
No SMLMJ OHC Vol 2... :(

Later next year-- it's coming...

ClintP
10-16-2007, 07:26 AM

:does cartwheels:

sto110
10-16-2007, 07:44 AM
uh xmen spoilers there in the solits, i didnt know the messiah was a

baby

Lord Jermaine Retail
10-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Darker than Scarlet tpb of Avengers West Coast material!

Hulk the End hc that also includes Future Imperfect #1 and 2!

Essential Marvel Saga!

Hulk Visionaries Peter David #5 is where I started reading the Hulk.

House of M oversized HC!

Thor Visionaries Simonson #5!

Complete Young Avengers is a good package for me to sell also.

sto110
10-16-2007, 07:50 AM
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/0108/dd104.jpg

maybe my new favorite cover

Kefky
10-16-2007, 08:01 AM
HULK VISIONARIES: PETER DAVID VOL. 5
The Story: The latest collection for David devotees starts off with a crisis countdown that takes the gray Hulk from one fight to another against the Abomination, the Fantastic Four and a Madman who can't decide if he's Bruce Banner's biggest fan or worst enemy! Then, it's a reunion with Doctor Strange and Namor the Sub-Mariner when the Hulk joins his fellow founding Defenders against an invasion from a universe even stranger than they are! Plus: the fate of Betty Brant Banner! Also featuring Mister Hyde and the mutants of Freedom Force! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK #364-372 and ANNUAL #16.
Rated T+ …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2757-4

WHOOO!!!! Some of the best Hulk stories ever! :ecstatic:

cmoney
10-16-2007, 08:12 AM

Not to mention it says reprints of Vols. 2 and 3 are coming soon. Finally!

nihilance
10-16-2007, 08:13 AM
http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale/covers/0108/dd104.jpg

maybe my new favorite cover

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jan08/irnfst13.jpg

Trumped.

allanpat
10-16-2007, 08:21 AM
INCREDIBLE XXXX #113 (Note: Not Actual Title)
Written by Greg Pak & FRED VAN LENTE
Penciled by Khoi Pham
Cover by Art Adams
CLASSIFIED
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99
Order Using This Code: OCT072102
FOC – 12/27/2007, On-Sale – 1/16/2008

Interesting. Also, the human figure of the 'red hulk' being blacked out suggests that the new Jeph Loeb book doesn't star Bruce Banner?

http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/marvelcomics/200801/hulk1.jpg

allanpat
10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
uh xmen spoilers there in the solits, i didnt know the messiah was a

baby

that's actually pretty well known. they've talked about it in just about every Messiah Complex interview

Adrian B AWESOME
10-16-2007, 08:25 AM
I hope Marvel realizes that there's already a New Avenger Annual #1...

ClintP
10-16-2007, 08:29 AM

Crap like that hurts my OCD when I try to put it into my inventory system. Also, all those volumes of the same title with 1/2's and annuals... ok, ok... I am breathing easy... breathing easy....

allanpat
10-16-2007, 08:31 AM

yup, that's why it's labeled New Avengers Annual #2

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #2
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by CARLO PAGULAYAN
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
Continuing directly from the pages of NEW AVENGERS #37: The Hood's gang of super-criminals takes the fight right to the Avengers’ door!! Its wall-to-wall action and the end of an era for one Avenger and a major defection for another.
This double-sized issue ties into or wraps up threads from Civil War, World War Hulk, both Avengers titles and the upcoming Secret Invasion!! Avengers writer Bendis welcomes rising star Carlo Pagulayan on his Avengers debut...
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

edit: nevermind - just saw what you were talking about on marvel.com - the above is from CBR. Weird that Marvel would get it wrong on their own website.

nihilance
10-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Interesting. Also, the human figure of the 'red hulk' being blacked out suggests that the new Jeph Loeb book doesn't star Bruce Banner?

Unless that IS Banner...and Incredible XXXX stands for HERC.

allanpat
10-16-2007, 08:33 AM

i haven't been reading WWH, so i can't even begin to speculate

Adrian B AWESOME
10-16-2007, 08:33 AM

Or HACK and it's about Jeph Loeb's book....

[crickets]

iGotKittyPryde
10-16-2007, 08:34 AM
PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #15
Written by MATT FRACTION
Penciled by Scott Wegener
Cover by ARIEL OLIVETTI
“HUNTER/HUNTED” comes to its jaw-breaking conclusion as the Punisher faces off against the all-new Kraven the Hunter. As the Hunter's menagerie ship bursts and burns in the New York Harbor, Frank has to fight his way tooth and nail to daylight as Kraven kills his way towards Frank... and in-between the two of them stands the Hunter's menagerie run rampant, out for blood, out of their minds, and looking to even the score. And who is the last piece of G.W. Bridge's puzzle? All hell breaks loose in the issue that re-defines "savagery."
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99

I find it odd that Scott is the only one who's name doesn't get capitilized in the whole thing.

Also: Yay for Scott!

WNCE
10-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Awesome an Iron Man omnbus!

RegularJoe
10-16-2007, 08:49 AM

what about an OHC for the ultimate clone saga? i know it's in PHC, but will marvel keep doing OHC's for ultimate spider-man, ultimate x-men and ultimate fantastic four?

JeremyDale
10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
McGuinness and Loeb on Hulk?! Count ME in.

- jeremy

WNCE
10-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Or HACK and it's about Jeph Loeb's book....

[crickets]

Or maybe it's actually XXXX (http://www.xxxx.com.au/).

[Crickets and then some]

THAT Sean!
10-16-2007, 09:03 AM
You, sir, just made my day! Grunwald never tells me shit.

MAK15
10-16-2007, 09:04 AM

nah, I think it's s'posed ta be The Increduble Mastermind Excello.
eh, Im just guessin

S. Earl
10-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Really looking forward to some Ultimate stuff - for the first time in a while.

HCMarvel
10-16-2007, 09:15 AM
marvel is kicking ass now a days. From its trades (HARD COVER FUTURE IMPERFECT!!) to its series...it is a great time to be a marvel fan

Bedlam66
10-16-2007, 09:31 AM
It's a great time to be getting books in Hardcover.

X-MEN: ENDANGERED SPECIES HC
Written by MIKE CAREY, CHRIS YOST & CHRISTOS GAGE
Penciled by SCOTT EATON, MARK BAGLEY, MIKE PERKINS & ANDREA DI VITO
Cover by MARC SILVESTRI
With three little words, an entire race was nearly obliterated. Every mutant who dies is one number closer to zero. Now, the Beast races against the clock to save this once-thriving race. Collecting the X-MEN: ENDANGERED SPECIES one-shot and Chapters 1-17.
136 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-3012-3
Trim size: oversized

HOUSE OF M HC
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
THE MARVEL EVENT OF THE DECADE IS COLLECTED HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HARDCOVER!
The Avengers and the X-Men are faced with a common foe that becomes their greatest threat: Wanda Maximoff! The Scarlet Witch is out of control, and the fate of the entire world is in her hands. Will Magneto help his daughter or use her powers to his own benefit? Starring the Astonishing X-Men and the New Avengers! You know how sometimes you hear the phrase: AND NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN? Well, this time believe it, buster! NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN! Collects HOUSE OF M #1-8, THE PULSE SPECIAL EDITION and the SECRETS OF THE HOUSE OF M handbook – plus all-new extras handpicked by Brian Michael Bendis.
312 PGS./RATED T+ ...$29.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2466-5

YOUNG AVENGERS HC
Written by ALLAN HEINBERG
Penciled by JIM CHEUNG & ANDREA DIVITO
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
Collecting the complete first series in one deluxe hardcover!
In SIDEKICKS, in the wake of AVENGERS DISASSEMBLED, a mysterious new group of teen super heroes appears. But who are they? Where did they come from? And what right do they have to call themselves the Young Avengers? And in FAMILY MATTERS, the newly reconfigured Young Avengers prepare to make their public debut—but first they have to face a threat more powerful than Kang the Conqueror, more dangerous than Mr. Hyde and more cunning than the Masters of Evil: their parents. For these brand-new super heroes, fighting super villains is child's play compared to maintaining their alter egos! Plus: The Young Avengers meet a familiar-looking teenage super human who just may be the key to their uncovering the truth about Wiccan's parentage and secret origin. Meanwhile, Hulkling's quest to discover the exact nature of his tie to the Avengers is interrupted when the Young Avengers finds themselves at war with one of the oldest and most powerful alien races in the Marvel Universe. And finally, discover the secret history of the Young Avengers when Jessica Jones and Kat Farrell investigate the kids' origins for a special issue of The Pulse. Who were they and what were their lives like before they met Iron Lad? And what is the future of the team without him?
Collecting YOUNG AVENGERS #1-12 and YOUNG AVENGERS SPECIAL.
312 PGS./RATED T+ ...$29.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2466-5

ANNIHILATION: CONQUEST BOOK 1 HC
Written by KEITH GIFFEN, CHRISTOS GAGE, DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Penciled by TIMOTHY GREEN, MIKE LILLY & MIKE PERKINS
Cover by ALEKSI BRICLOT
The next sci-fi epic blasts off here! In the grim aftermath of the Annihilation War, a devastated universe struggles to rebuild. Gripped by fear and paranoia, civilizations have collapsed and entire worlds are now smoking ruins. What is next for the battle-weary heroes known as Nova, Peter Quill and Quasar? What are Ronan's plans for the once-mighty Kree Empire? Which cosmic characters of the past are about to return? Who is the new hero approaching on the horizon? And what is the new threat that no one suspects? Collecting ANNIHILATION: CONQUEST PROLOGUE; ANNIHILATION: CONQUEST - QUASAR #1-4; ANNIHILATION: CONQUEST - STARLORD #1-4; and ANNIHILATION SAGA.
272 PGS./Rated T+ …$29.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2782-6

NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI PREMIERE HC
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & BRIAN REED
Penciled by JIM CHEUNG
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
The Illuminati is a secret organization comprised of several of the world's most powerful heroes: Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme; Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans; Charles Xavier, founder of the X-Men and mutant-rights activist; Reed Richards, founding member of the Fantastic Four; Namor the Sub-Mariner, king of Atlantis; and Iron Man (Tony Stark), founding member of the Avengers. These six men have worked together to mold and shape the status of the superhuman world and the world around it. How and what they have done together has remained a mystery...until now! Writers Brian Michael Bendis (NEW AVENGERS, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN) and Brian Reed (MS. MARVEL) have joined together with Jim Cheung (YOUNG AVENGERS) to reveal this untold story of the Marvel Universe and how the Illuminati's actions affect today! Collecting NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI #1-5.
120 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2437-5
Trim size: standard

HULK: THE END PREMIERE HC
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by DALE KEOWN & GEORGE PÉREZ
Cover by DALE KEOWN
Chronicling the final days of the Green Goliath! Peter David and Dale Keown, creative team on some of the Hulk's most memorable tales, reunite to produce this searing vision of the future in which Bruce Banner, the Incredible Hulk, is the last man on Earth. It's the Hulk's final battle, as "The Last Titan" wrestles his inner-demons in order to discover his place in a dying world – if only he can survive! Plus: The testing of the first Gamma Bomb thrust upon Robert Bruce Banner led to what he would come to believe would be his greatest nightmare: his unwilling transformation into the Incredible Hulk. He believed wrong. Now, having been dragged into the future – into a post-holocaust, dystopian world – Bruce Banner discovers that his nightmare has a whole new name: the Maestro. This is a nightmare that only Hulk can end; for he knows that he himself is responsible for the presence of the evil Maestro. The future, our future, and the Incredible Hulk will never quite be the same. And neither will you. Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK: THE END and INCREDIBLE HULK: FUTURE IMPERFECT #1-2.
152 PGS./Rated T+….$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-3026-0
HULK: THE END PREMIERE HC – DIRECT MARKET ONLY VOL. 8
152 PGS./Rated T+….$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-3030-7

Ray G.
10-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Hm....they're fucking with Hulk. Me not like...

Ultimate Human and USM look great, of course.

rogerio
10-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & BRIAN REED
Penciled by JIM CHEUNG
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
The Illuminati is a secret organization comprised of several of the world's most powerful heroes: Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme; Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans; Charles Xavier, founder of the X-Men and mutant-rights activist; Reed Richards, founding member of the Fantastic Four; Namor the Sub-Mariner, king of Atlantis; and Iron Man (Tony Stark), founding member of the Avengers. These six men have worked together to mold and shape the status of the superhuman world and the world around it. How and what they have done together has remained a mystery...until now! Writers Brian Michael Bendis (NEW AVENGERS, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN) and Brian Reed (MS. MARVEL) have joined together with Jim Cheung (YOUNG AVENGERS) to reveal this untold story of the Marvel Universe and how the Illuminati's actions affect today! Collecting NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI #1-5.
120 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2437-5
:) :) :)

Albert
10-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Will Endangered Species read weird in a collected edition? Something really dramatic happening to Beast every eight pages?

Bedlam66
10-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Hm....they're fucking with Hulk. Me not like...

Ultimate Human and USM look great, of course.
You know that Soon we're going to have to call you DS9 Jr. Right ?

J. R. Scherer
10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Darker than Scarlet tpb of Avengers West Coast material!

Hulk the End hc that also includes Future Imperfect #1 and 2!

Essential Marvel Saga!

Hulk Visionaries Peter David #5 is where I started reading the Hulk.

House of M oversized HC!

Complete Young Avengers is a good package for me to sell also.

I'm stoked for every single one of those.

Jerome Gibbons
10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Lots of great trades and HCs there, for sure.

TheKraken
10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Holy shit! Who all at Marvel do I owe a hug for a new Damage Control mini by McDuffie??? I can't wait!

Doug
10-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Human sounds pretty good, I'll give any Ellis book at least a try.

But my Holy Shit solicit is:

MARVEL ADVENTURES FANTASTIC FOUR #32
Written by JOE LANSDALE
Penciled by RONAN CLIQUET
Cover by LEONARD KIRK
Gather 'round, lil' doggies. Ol' Ben Grimm's done been hijacked from our time an' shot back to the Old West, where varmints and vandals ruled the day! Even if Benjy teams up with one of the past's greatest heroes, STEAM RIDER, can he manage to hightail his way back to the present? Crack that whip!
WHOO-PTCH!
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99

Joe R. Lansdale is writing the FF!!!! Nice!!!!

Young Avengers Presents sounds pretty good as well.

The Twelve I haven't decided if I will trade wait on or not. It sounds good, but I'm trying to limit my monthly purchases, so the trade might be the best way to go.

But once again: HOLY SHIT, JOE R. LANSDALE IS WRITING THE FF!!!! Who at Marvel do I owe this to? I will gladly wash their car for them.

J. R. Scherer
10-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Human sounds pretty good, I'll give any Ellis book at least a try.

But my Holy Shit solicit is:

Joe R. Lansdale is writing the FF!!!! Nice!!!!

Young Avengers Presents sounds pretty good as well.

The Twelve I haven't decided if I will trade wait on or not. It sounds good, but I'm trying to limit my monthly purchases, so the trade might be the best way to go.

But once again: HOLY SHIT, JOE R. LANSDALE IS WRITING THE FF!!!! Who at Marvel do I owe this to? I will gladly wash their car for them.

I didn't see that earlier. Cool! I just finished reading FLAMING LONDON the day before yesterday!

Blake Sims
10-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow Paul Pope did a Silver Surfer cover...not his best work though...
http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/marvelcomics/200801/SSNAME003.jpg

Humphrey_Lee
10-16-2007, 10:06 AM
That's a whole lot of "eh". I might try Ultimate Human out though, just because of the creative crew. But I don't care about Ultimate Universe stuff anymore. Last issue of anything I bought from it was the last issue of Ultimates 2. Kind of want to keep it that way...

ZombieSpeedball
10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Dude, I didn't see Thor on there. :sad:

But USM, UFF, Ultimate Human and UIM look awesome.

Doug
10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
I didn't see that earlier. Cool! I just finished reading FLAMING LONDON the day before yesterday!

I haven't read Flaming London yet, but I'm a huge fan of Lansdales mystery novels. His Hap and Leonard books kicks ass, as do his non-Hap/Leonard books The Bottoms, Sunset and Sawdust, and Lost Echoes (just to name a few).

allanpat
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Wow Paul Pope did a Silver Surfer cover...not his best work though...
http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/marvelcomics/200801/SSNAME003.jpg

i got very excited when i saw this, thinking there was a Silver Surfer mini by Pope that I had somehow missed - alas it's just a cover...

Bedlam66
10-16-2007, 10:30 AM
that Cover kinda sucks.

iGotKittyPryde
10-16-2007, 10:36 AM
that Cover kinda sucks.

Agreed.

Paul Pope + Silver Surfer = no

JHester
10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
This is what I'll be getting from Marvel:

ULTIMATE HUMAN #1 (of 4)
ULTIMATE IRON MAN II #2 (of 4)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #118
ULTIMATES 3 #2 (of 5)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #549
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #550-551
SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #1 (of 5)
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE CHOSEN #6 (of 6)
CAPTAIN AMERICA #34
CAPTAIN MARVEL #3 (of 5)
DAREDEVIL #104
IMMORTAL IRON FIST #13
HULK #1
INCREDIBLE XXXX #113
WWH AFTERSMASH: DAMAGE CONTROL #1 (of 3)
MARVEL ZOMBIES 2 #4
MIGHTY AVENGERS #8
NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #2
YOUNG AVENGERS PRESENTS #1 (of 6)
THE ORDER #7
PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL #15
SHE-HULK #25 SHE-HULK #25
THUNDERBOLTS #119
WHAT IF? SPIDER-MAN VS. WOLVERINE WHAT IF? SPIDER-MAN VS. WOLVERINE
UNCANNY X-MEN #494
X-FACTOR #27
NEW X-MEN #46
X-MEN #207
FOOLKILLER #4 (of 5)
HOUSE OF M HC
YOUNG AVENGERS HC
HULK: THE END PREMIERE HC

Matt O'Keefe
10-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Damnit! This is going to make me broke. An Iron Man Omnibus, Young Avengers OHC, House of M OHC, Hulk: The End HC, etc?:(

lonesomefool
10-16-2007, 12:13 PM
You know, I might be really interested in that Spider-Man mini by Lapham and Harris, but 3.99 for a regular sized issue? That gives it a pass. Yes, I know it has a cardstock cover, but those cardstock covers are not worth an extra $.

ClintP
10-16-2007, 12:15 PM
You know, I might be really interested in that Spider-Man mini by Lapham and Harris, but 3.99 for a regular sized issue? That gives it a pass. Yes, I know it has a cardstock cover, but those cardstock covers are not worth an extra $.

3.99? Damn. I guess I will pass as well. I was going to get it as a "sampler" for the trade, but for that price I will just off of word of mouth.

andrew french
10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
it's good to see Omega solicited.

Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends in ultimate spidey? with immonen? that sounds like it'd be great.

Storm looks pretty foxxy on that black panther cover.

Matt O'Keefe
10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
3.99? Damn. I guess I will pass as well. I was going to get it as a "sampler" for the trade, but for that price I will just off of word of mouth.

It's Lapham, I've never heard of anybody who didn't say his stuff is at least worth a read.

I LOVE this cover by Tommy Lee Edwards
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jan08/maim9.jpg

ClintP
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
It's Lapham, I've never heard of anybody who didn't say his stuff is at least worth a read.

Interesting. I will give it a try when it comes out as a tpb or premiere.

Matt O'Keefe
10-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Interesting. I will give it a try when it comes out as a tpb or premiere.

You should try out Stray Bullets. Fantastic crime enthology. Really deep stuff.

LenNWallace
10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Damn, a lot of cool looking collections coming down the pipes. Never thought I'd see hardcovers for Madrox, or Hulk: The End and Future Imperfect together.

Bitchin'!

Lord Jermaine Retail
10-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Oh wow, you're right! That's like that X-men Annual #1 from a while ago. There was already an X-men Annual #1 and that doesn't sit well with our inventory system...

Lord Jermaine Retail
10-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm stoked for every single one of those.

See, I love that Marvel remembers that guys like you and me exist and each month seem to have something come out with us in mind. That's great!

David Price
10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Dude, I didn't see Thor on there. :sad:
I believe it's taking a month off so as not to delay the next arc.

There is a lot of great stuff on that list. I'll have to look it over in greater detail later.

Bryan H
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Runaways? Did I miss it? Poop.

Too many delicious trades and hardcovers to name.

lonesomefool
10-16-2007, 03:00 PM

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jan08/maim9.jpg

I agree that Lapham can be a very good writer, but the cover price for just a lame Cardstock cover isnt worth the extra buck. I will wait and see how the word of mouth is on the series and then maybe grab the trade. It's a shame that Marvel thinks that those cardstock covers are so damn great that they need to charge more money for them :surrend:

Blane
10-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Where, oh where, is the Runaways?

Jim, you were pimping them hard on iFanboy, I really need this arc to finish up so they can get back on a monthly schedule. See what you can do for me there, huh?

The Afroman
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/marvelcomics/200801/capcho6.jpg

Is that Kevin Rose, on the cover? wearing a diggnation shirt.. WTF man?!

S. Earl
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
I am catching random books popping up as 3.99 more and more... kind of scary. Cap Chosen and Terror Inc are some examples I just read today.

DaveCummings
10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
I am catching random books popping up as 3.99 more and more... kind of scary. Cap Chosen and Terror Inc are some examples I just read today.

But those are minis, I think. I know Chosen is and it has a thicker coverstock. I think $3.99 is thier price for minis and special events, like One More Day.

skinnyrunaway
10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Where, oh where, is the Runaways?

Jim, you were pimping them hard on iFanboy, I really need this arc to finish up so they can get back on a monthly schedule. See what you can do for me there, huh?

Its bimonthly now I guess. It need to be monthly cuz I cant wait that fucking long!

NickT
10-16-2007, 07:25 PM
But those are minis, I think. I know Chosen is and it has a thicker coverstock. I think $3.99 is thier price for minis and special events, like One More Day.
And there were $3.50 minis before all comics were $2.99.

Marcdachamp
10-16-2007, 11:19 PM
No Transformers #3 in the New Avengers/Transformers trade? LAAAAAAAAAAME.

Iron Fist
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Love the solicit for Immortal Iron Fist #13:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Jan08/irnfst13.jpg

IMMORTAL IRON FIST #13
Written by MATT FRACTION & ED BRUBAKER
Penciled by DAVID AJA & KANO
Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
Two words, punks—BATTLE ROYALE! All the losers in the tournament in the Heart of Heaven get a chance to redeem themselves and obtain the ultimate victory…Danny Rand included! But if Danny couldn't win mano a mano, what hope does he have in a no-holds-barred kung-fu free-for-all of violence and carnage? And meanwhile, on Earth, the sinister Xao launches an attack almost a century in the making, and he won't stop until he's dancing on the ashes of K'un-Lun itself. Oh! And the final secrets of Danny Rand's birth are finally revealed. And this ain't even the finale, sweethearts. By Ed and Matt and David and Kano and Kaare and so on and so forth.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99