PDA

View Full Version : I Saw Arcade Fire Wednesday

Blake Sims
10-06-2007, 09:00 AM
First off my girlfriend got me the tickets for my birthday in August, I didnt even know they were coming around here (they played in Louisville KY at Waterfront Park) so I was really pumped for this. They are probably my favorite band at the moment.

It was the best concert I've ever seen. It was truly amazing. They have so much energy. It was insane. I don't know how they can be that good. I got goosebumps when they came out on stage (all 10 of them!).

On the way to the show I had a little scare, the accelerator line completely broke on my car. I was broke down on the side of the interstate for about 40 minutes until a friend of a friend came and picked us up and drove us the rest of the way. I bought him a ticket to the show to show my gratitude. He really saved the night. We missed a good portion of the first band, LCD Soundsystem, but I had seen them before. What I did see of them was awesome.

But like I said it was an amazing show. They played for almost 2 hours, from Funeral and Neon Bible combined they didn't play 5 songs. They didn't play "Crown of Love" or "Black Waves/ Bad Vibrations" which I really wanted to hear but it in no way lessened the night.

"Neighborhood #2 (Laika)" and "My Body Is A Cage" were the hightlights. The closed with "Rebellion (Lies)" and for the encore they played "Windowsill" and "Wake Up" which was incredible. The whole crowd was singing along.

If/when they come back around I will be seeing them.

JoeE
10-06-2007, 09:09 AM
They are amazing live. I saw them last May and it was also the best concert I'd ever seen. Rebellion (Lies) is an absolute monster live.

Ben Rosen
10-06-2007, 09:45 AM
I saw them in May, had to completely overpay to get tickets after they sold out, but it was worth it. Best thing I've ever seen.

Blake Sims
10-06-2007, 09:52 AM
I saw them in May, had to completely overpay to get tickets after they sold out, but it was worth it. Best thing I've ever seen.

They were 36 bucks a piece for me. There was quite the controversey over this show in Louisville. Pretty fucking expensive really...

Ben Rosen
10-06-2007, 09:53 AM
They were 36 bucks a piece for me. There was quite the controversey over this show in Louisville. Pretty fucking expensive really...

damn, that's the norm for a mid-to-big band in nyc.

JoeE
10-06-2007, 09:56 AM
36 bucks is a steal for Arcade Fire...

Blake Sims
10-06-2007, 10:26 AM
36 bucks is a steal for Arcade Fire...

hm...everybody was pissed about it around here.

Yorick Brown
10-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Saw them Sunday and it was indeed the awesome.

who cares?
10-06-2007, 11:11 AM
second best live band i've ever seen, just behind Muse

they're amazing, i'm seeing them again whenever they come close to me

Cactusakic
10-06-2007, 11:18 AM
My favorite band of the last few years.

Their albums are rarely (if ever) off my playlist.

Saw them at Glastonbury this year and it was the highlight of the festival (no small feat considering I also saw Bjork, John Fogerty and many other of my favorite artists).

No Cars Go was probably the highlight for me.

THWIP!
10-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I need to go see them.

Daniel K.
10-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Lucky bastard.

GoddessOKay
10-06-2007, 02:30 PM
i just got into them because of The Black Donnellys.

Music on that show was awesome!

can anyone recommend some good stuff to download or some must haves?

Yorick Brown
10-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Everything. Literally.

JoeE
10-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Also, they apparently have something big to announce next Tuesday.

Mikie
10-06-2007, 02:55 PM
hm...everybody was pissed about it around here.

Isn't complaining about concert ticket prices the norm wherever you go?

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time and hope the car is okay as well.

who cares?
10-06-2007, 02:57 PM

yeah, seriously

they have 2 albums, Funeral and Neon Bible, they are both MUSTS... other than that, after you get their albums, do some digging and get their b-sides, as they're truly worth it (especially Brazil)

then see them live, it'll probably make your year

JoeE
10-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Arcade Fire may cost more than most mid-level bands, but when you see the concert you will know where the extra dollars go.

Blake Sims
10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Arcade Fire may cost more than most mid-level bands, but when you see the concert you will know where the extra dollars go.

I was actually talking to my roommate about that tonight. There are 10 people in the band touring, that has to be crazy...

I wonder what their big announcement is?

Los
10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I've heard that they're taking a break from touring for a while. They played their last show on the current tour either yesterday in New York.

who cares?
10-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I wonder what their big announcement is?

the one that was supposed to come out yesterday? they just made a sort of interactive video feature online for the title track to Neon Bible

check out pitchfork for the exact link

Liquid
10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I've seen them 3 times. Amazing band. From my hood as well. Yay!