PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Fan Assaulted In NYC

Shwicaz
10-04-2007, 05:42 PM
all this over fucking baseball....?

(note--the attackers were from PA, not NYC)

ridiculous:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/10/red_sox_fan_ass.html?p1=MEWell_Pos1

A 25-year-old carpenter from Quincy is in serious condition after he was assaulted outside a Yonkers, N.Y. hotel last night by a group of men he said had earlier asked about his allegiance to the Red Sox.

Two men were arrested in the assault, authorities said.

Carlos Ortez was watching the Red Sox-Angels playoff game in the lounge of a Ramada Inn with other workers for Holden-based Woodmeister Master Builders, who were in town working on a construction project at a Manhattan hotel.

Ortez was sitting at the bar with co-worker Walter Ostromecki, 30, of North Brookfield, who was wearing a Red Sox hat and T-shirt, when another patron at the end of the bar asked the two men whether they had pride in Boston, said Lieutenant Philip Collins of the Yonkers Police.

Immediately after the 4-0 Red Sox win, the two men left the hotel, when they were approached from behind by the man who'd made the earlier comment, along with two other men.

Ortez and Ostromecki walked in opposite directions, but then Ostromecki looked back and saw Ortez was being attacked. As Ostromecki approached them, the assailants ran toward a parking lot.

Ortez was lying in a pool of blood and his face was swollen. He's in intensive care with multiple facial fractures at Westchester Medical Center, said Chris Komenda, of Woodmeister Master Builders.

Duane Somers, 32, of Huntingdon, Pa., and Edward McConaughey, 42, of Orbisonia, Pa., were arrested and charged with second-degree felony assault, said Lucian Chalfen, a spokesman for the Westchester District Attorney's office.

They were arraigned this morning, and their bail was set at $10,000 apiece, Chalfen said. He could not say whether they had made bail. A Westchester County Jail employee said the men were not listed as inmates. They are set to appear in court again Wednesday, Chalfen said.

Komenda said two executives from the firm are at the hospital with Ortez, and that the other four employees have been moved to a different hotel.

Authorities said Somers and McConaughey also were carpenters in town for a construction job.

BronxRonin
10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Yonkers...not NYC.And i agree it's fucked up!

Shwicaz
10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Yonkers...not NYC.And i agree it's fucked up!

:surrend:

I suck at maps.

BronxRonin
10-04-2007, 06:07 PM
:surrend:

I suck at maps.

LoL!you da' man!:cool: