PDA

View Full Version : Planet Terror DVD

JHester
10-04-2007, 05:20 AM
I'm not sure if it was announced or if anyone knew or not but the Machete trailer is in front of Planet Terror on the dvd coming out a couple of weeks.

majorjoe23
10-04-2007, 05:21 AM
It is.

wholaughslast
10-04-2007, 05:22 AM
were any of the trailers on the Death Proof dvd?

Lab-Rat
10-04-2007, 05:38 AM
were any of the trailers on the Death Proof dvd?

no. sadly. Which gives us all hope that maybe we'll get a big collectors edition that will contain both movies and all the trailers. However I get the feeling that we're going to wait a long time for that.

Fourthman
10-04-2007, 06:15 AM
no. sadly. Which gives us all hope that maybe we'll get a big collectors edition that will contain both movies and all the trailers. However I get the feeling that we're going to wait a long time for that.

Especially if the unified Kill Bill hasn't even been hinted at release yet.

THWIP!
10-04-2007, 06:16 AM

Which sucks. I've seen both uncut unrated versions and the only one worth buying on DVD is Death Proof because it has many scenes put back into it unlike Planet Terror. Planet Terror would only be worth getting for the special features. I don't want to double dip but I think once the theatrical release comes out on DVD, it'll be spectacular. I agree that it won't be for awhile though.

THWIP!
10-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Especially if the unified Kill Bill hasn't even been hinted at release yet.

Amazon says it's out November, so hopefully.

Fourthman
10-04-2007, 06:19 AM
Amazon says it's out November, so hopefully.

Not anymore:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000R7HY0A?tag=thedigitalbit-20&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=B000R7HY0A&creative=373489&camp=211189

THWIP!
10-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Not anymore:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000R7HY0A?tag=thedigitalbit-20&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=B000R7HY0A&creative=373489&camp=211189

Motherfucker.

Akira
10-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Not anymore:

Are you fucking me with this shit? AGAIN? Between this debacle and the B.S. Grindhouse releaces I'm hopping QT and RR move on from the Weinstien company to one that knows how to put together a proper special edition DVD collection. New Line and WB, I'm looking in your directions...

Lab-Rat
10-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Which sucks. I've seen both uncut unrated versions and the only one worth buying on DVD is Death Proof because it has many scenes put back into it unlike Planet Terror. Planet Terror would only be worth getting for the special features. I don't want to double dip but I think once the theatrical release comes out on DVD, it'll be spectacular. I agree that it won't be for awhile though.

Yeah but in the case of Planet Terror...alot of those missing reels were intentionally missing and were never filmed. That was something I don't think alot of people actually understood. The Part where it says in the film "this reel missing" and going from this calm moment with the lead male character not really being trusted by anyone to the point where everything is in chaos and everyone trusts the lead male character completely due to something he revealed...the stuff that happened in between was never shot. So we'll never get that. I mean..that was the joke.

Yeah there will probably be a few added scenes that were trimmed out for timing in planet terror...but the big one that everyone is expecting or hoping to see isn't going to be there. It really bothers me when I talk to someone about the movie and how they are looking forward to seeing all that footage that was cut in the missing reel scene. It bothers me because they are going to be dissapointed cause it WAS NEVER FILMED. I think the reason it bothers me is because when I tell them that it was never filmed they give me this reaction like I don't know what I'm talking about. Which...I do cause Rodriguez himself said that it was never shot.

Lab-Rat
10-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Not anymore:

what the fuck, man. damnit.

Fourthman
10-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Re: Kill Bill.

Looks like this guy had it pegged months ago;
http://www.filmjunk.com/2007/06/22/kill-bill-the-whole-bloody-affair-probably-not-coming-in-november/

Akira
10-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Yeah but in the case of Planet Terror...alot of those missing reels were intentionally missing and were never filmed. That was something I don't think alot of people actually understood. The Part where it says in the film "this reel missing" and going from this calm moment with the lead male character not really being trusted by anyone to the point where everything is in chaos and everyone trusts the lead male character completely due to something he revealed...the stuff that happened in between was never shot. So we'll never get that. I mean..that was the joke.

Yeah there will probably be a few added scenes that were trimmed out for timing in planet terror...but the big one that everyone is expecting or hoping to see isn't going to be there. It really bothers me when I talk to someone about the movie and how they are looking forward to seeing all that footage that was cut in the missing reel scene. It bothers me because they are going to be dissapointed cause it WAS NEVER FILMED. I think the reason it bothers me is because when I tell them that it was never filmed they give me this reaction like I don't know what I'm talking about. Which...I do cause Rodriguez himself said that it was never shot.
:thumb: Finally! Someone else gets it :D

Taxman
10-04-2007, 06:54 AM
What if Quentin Tarantino directed a film, an entire film and it was released in one complete cut theatrically and on DVD?

Lab-Rat
10-04-2007, 06:57 AM
:thumb: Finally! Someone else gets it :D

ok...so I'm not the only one who has had this reaction from people?

I felt like I was the only one who got the joke...and thought it was hilarious.

Fourthman
10-04-2007, 06:59 AM

I got it, but I didn't see it with anyone who didn't get it, so I didn't feel the need to go on about how I got it.

Akira
10-04-2007, 07:00 AM
What if Quentin Tarantino directed a film, an entire film and it was released in one complete cut theatrically and on DVD?

You mean like Resoivoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown?

nihilance
10-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Re: Kill Bill.

Looks like this guy had it pegged months ago;
http://www.filmjunk.com/2007/06/22/kill-bill-the-whole-bloody-affair-probably-not-coming-in-november/

I bet it isn't released until shortly before the sequel hits theaters.

Shawn_Kehoe
10-04-2007, 07:02 AM

Yeah, that was my reaction. To be fair, the Weinstein's are to blame for part of the confusion - they were talking about re-releasing the films "with the missing reels" within a week of release.

Also, many people are dumb.

Shawn

Akira
10-04-2007, 07:02 AM

It was pretty obvious to me but I've seen some people who either
A: really thought a reel was missing and were pissed because it had the sex scene

or

B: didn't think a reel was really missing, but didn't think the jump and juxtaposition was funny.

THWIP!
10-04-2007, 07:12 AM

I got that. I understood the concept. What I'm saying is that if you saw Grindhouse in the theater and you wanted to get the individual DVDs the only one worth getting is Death Proof because of how much was added. It's not a new movie but there is a significant amount of stuff put back into the film that wasn't in the theatrical release. With Planet Terror it's not the case. I didn't think the missing reel scenes where going to be put back, I know that they were used as a plot device. What I'm saying about the Planet Terror individual movie is that if you've seen it already getting this new DVD with scenes put back is not worth your money because what was added back was just extra parts of dialouge. Nothing as significant as what was put back into Death Proof.

Akira
10-04-2007, 07:23 AM
I got that. I understood the concept. What I'm saying is that if you saw Grindhouse in the theater and you wanted to get the individual DVDs the only one worth getting is Death Proof because of how much was added. It's not a new movie but there is a significant amount of stuff put back into the film that wasn't in the theatrical release. With Planet Terror it's not the case. I didn't think the missing reel scenes where going to be put back, I know that they were used as a plot device. What I'm saying about the Planet Terror individual movie is that if you've seen it already getting this new DVD with scenes put back is not worth your money because what was added back was just extra parts of dialouge. Nothing as significant as what was put back into Death Proof.

But, what if you liked Planet Terror as it was and just wanted to own it to re-watch over and over again and share with friends and femily?

Patton
10-04-2007, 07:26 AM

I got and loved it.

THWIP!
10-04-2007, 07:31 AM
But, what if you liked Planet Terror as it was and just wanted to own it to re-watch over and over again and share with friends and femily?

Well then buy it if you want.

Taxman
10-04-2007, 07:58 AM
You mean like Resoivoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown?Yeah, it's been ten years.

DrMachine
10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
I got it, but I didn't see it with anyone who didn't get it, so I didn't feel the need to go on about how I got it.

same here...I didn't realize that it was some kind of big revelation that the reels didn't actually exist...

I actually didn't think it was a "joke" as it was done for the look or feel of the film and not as a goof

nihilance
10-04-2007, 08:49 AM
same here...I didn't realize that it was some kind of big revelation that the reels didn't actually exist...

I actually didn't think it was a "joke" as it was done for the look or feel of the film and not as a goof

Well it was kind of a joke...just as Rose was about to strip and have a hot sex scene the film literally bubbles up and the scene is unavailable? Obviously a joke.

DrMachine
10-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Well it was kind of a joke...just as Rose was about to strip and have a hot sex scene the film literally bubbles up and the scene is unavailable? Obviously a joke.

joke as in funny? I don't get that...an intentional part of the film...that I understand

I just don't think it was funny. I certainly didn't laugh.

NickT
10-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Planet Terror DVD? We haven't even had Planet Terror cinema yet! :)

nihilance
10-04-2007, 08:57 AM
joke as in funny? I don't get that...an intentional part of the film...that I understand

Something doesn't necessarily have to be funny to be a joke.

Akira
10-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, it's been ten years.

Those movies came out on DVD 10 years ago? :-?

J. R. Scherer
11-07-2007, 08:17 AM

Planet Terror cuts back to everything in flames, characters being dead, and huge story developments having occurred but no real hint as to the details. It's definitely a joke, and a good one, too. I laughed long and hard at it in the theater.