PDA

View Full Version : How is the new Foo Fighters disc?

lonesomefool
09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Just curious, I heard they were trying a different style with this album. How is it?

chazbot
09-30-2007, 04:22 PM
underwhelming.
i only ended up downloading 1/3 of it off of iTunes. Don't think I missed anything with the songs I didn't get.

Patton
09-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Very good. I've seen mixed reviews of it but I love it.

And I haven't liked their last 3 albums much. They were all okay, but not great for me. But this one kind of feels like what they've been trying to do since Colour but failed at (at least for me).

docr0ck88
09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
very well done, they were able to do whatever they wanted on this album and with that freedom came some incredible songs. pick it up.

John Drake
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Great album. It's really different to what they've done before. It's like both sides of In Your Honour had a baby.

It's a whole different atmosphere for them.

Highlights (for me): Let It Die, Long Road to Ruin, Statues, Stranger Things Have Happened, Cheer Up Boys (Your Makeup is Running).

ClintP
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Not sure. The one before it was my last. That 2 disc cd sucked balls. And I was a huge fan.

John Drake
09-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Not sure. The one before it was my last. That 2 disc cd sucked balls. And I was a huge fan.

Really? Not even the acoustic stuff?

lonesomefool
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Really? Not even the acoustic stuff?

Best of You is one of my favorite Foo songs, but I'll be damned if I didnt find the rest of In Your Honor to be pretty average.

John Drake
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Best of You is one of my favorite Foo songs, but I'll be damned if I didnt find the rest of In Your Honor to be pretty average.

I loved the acoustic side more than the rock side, I think.

One by One is their weakest album by far, in my opinion.

lonesomefool
09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
I loved the acoustic side more than the rock side, I think.

Yeah, One by One was pretty weak. I did like "Times Like These" off that disc though.

John Drake
09-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, One by One was pretty weak. I did like "Times Like These" off that disc though.

One of their best songs. I love the half soft/half rock version they did at the 2004 Grammy's.

chazbot
09-30-2007, 07:18 PM

There's about 6-7 tracks off that I still rock on my iPod. The intro drums on the first track (In Your Honor) absolutely rules though, listening to it on quad speakers is great.

Masculine Todd
09-30-2007, 07:25 PM

Ironically, that's the only one I enjoy. I dug that album.

John Drake
09-30-2007, 07:28 PM

It's not bad, I like all of their albums, but I felt most of the songs off that album dragged a bit.

I like Times Like These and Halo a lot, though. Have you heard the new one?

alexlannin
09-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I like them, and the new record.

Patton
09-30-2007, 07:44 PM
It's like both sides of In Your Honour had a baby.

Yeah. But the baby is cooler than the parents.

Bedlam66
09-30-2007, 08:07 PM
I thought the Entire Album was going to be as Kick Ass as the Pretender but I only Liked Let It Die, Once And For All, and The Pretender, The rest of it was crap. I felt like I was listening to Oasis or some shit.

John Drake
09-30-2007, 08:10 PM
I thought the Entire Album was going to be as Kick Ass as the Pretender but I only Liked Let It Die, Once And For All, and The Pretender, The rest of it was crap. I felt like I was listening to Oasis or some shit.

I think it was a mistake to put The Pretender out as the first single. People expect a hard rock album, and it's not. The Pretender is not even in my top 5 favorites of this album. The softer ones are awesome.

Bedlam66
09-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I think it was a mistake to put The Pretender out as the first single. People expect a hard rock album, and it's not. The Pretender is not even in my top 5 favorites of this album. The softer ones are awesome.
Yea Softer Doesn't really do it for me.

John Drake
09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Yea Softer Doesn't really do it for me.

Ah, that's cool. It's what I'm liking more these days :)

chazbot
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM

But that's cause you were in 2nd grade when the Foo Fighters debut album came out. :o

Patrick King
09-30-2007, 08:57 PM
That's interesting that The Pretender isn't a sign of the rest of the album. I recently picked up There Is Nothing Left To Lose, expecting it to sound like Learn to Fly (the main single I know from that album), and was surprised that it was a lot of softer stuff.

Masculine Todd
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
It's not bad, I like all of their albums, but I felt most of the songs off that album dragged a bit.

I like Times Like These and Halo a lot, though. Have you heard the new one?

Yeah, I've heard it. I don't enjoy it, but that's less a commentary on it's quality and more a reflection on my tastes. I'm not a huge mainstream modern rock fan for the most part.

But that's cause you were in 2nd grade when the Foo Fighters debut album came out. :o

Yeah, well your face was full of boogers and poop when I was in 2nd grade too. Yeah. You got served. Ooooh. xxxhardxxxcorexxxasaurus! :razz:

TheFalcon
10-01-2007, 12:42 AM
I think the new one's great. I was expecting a bit more rock like the Pretender, but I really like their softer songs too so I really don't mind.

My favorites: The Pretender, Long Road To Ruin, Come Alive, Once And For All and Summer's End.

disco stu
10-01-2007, 02:53 AM
I love the slow build to the hard rockout theame they had going through this album not disimilar to TCATS for me But Honestly was the stand out track of the album.