PDA

View Full Version : God, i'm gonna miss bob barker.

Alexander Hamilton
09-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Just sitting here watching a rerun, and realizing how long bob has been part of my daytime tv watching. He's clever, well dressed, and basically a straight up pimp. I don't know how drew will ever compare.

Greenville 90210
09-25-2007, 07:24 AM
He won't

Mario Lopez would have been perfect. It would have sucked a little, while he was still young, but he would have been great in the decades to come- everyone likes him, from old ladies to college girls.

Alexander Hamilton
09-25-2007, 07:32 AM
He won't

Mario Lopez would have been perfect. It would have sucked a little, while he was still young, but he would have been great in the decades to come- everyone likes him, from old ladies to college girls.

was mario up for consideration? Didn't know that. He wouldn't be bad. In a dream world, I'd love to see conan o'brian, but that would never of happened.

Taxman
09-25-2007, 07:37 AM
He won't

Mario Lopez would have been perfect. It would have sucked a little, while he was still young, but he would have been great in the decades to come-Decades to come? That is kinda presumptuous. Chances are The Price is Right in today's market was just Bob Barker, and it will not be long for daytime from this point forward.

Greenville 90210
09-25-2007, 07:38 AM
was mario up for consideration? Didn't know that. He wouldn't be bad. In a dream world, I'd love to see conan o'brian, but that would never of happened.

He was one of many up for consideration.

Greenville 90210
09-25-2007, 07:39 AM
Decades to come? That is kinda presumptuous. Chances are The Price is Right in today's market was just Bob Barker, and it will not be long for daytime from this point forward.

That's kind of presumptuous too. Network people would want the show to be on forever. That's why I was saying that.

Ben
09-25-2007, 07:56 AM
You don't have a job?

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
09-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Bob Barker is a Gangsta.

Buk Was Right
09-25-2007, 08:12 AM
I think we can all agree to thank which ever god we see fit to worship that Rosie didn't get the gig...

Jason California
09-25-2007, 08:12 AM
I miss him. yes I do. As long as I can remember tv I can remember Bob. I remmeber when he still had brown hair.

Jason California
09-25-2007, 08:13 AM
I think we can all agree to thank which ever god we see fit to worship that Rosie didn't get the gig...

Thank you Mr and Mrs God.

Taxman
09-25-2007, 08:14 AM
That's kind of presumptuous too. Network people would want the show to be on forever. That's why I was saying that.Network people would probably like to go back to the days of broadcasting three hours of game shows a day because they are so cheap to produce. The market decided this would not be possible.

SteveZegers
09-25-2007, 08:15 AM
I miss being home during the day so I could watch him

Buk Was Right
09-25-2007, 08:20 AM
My girlfriend got to go and see Bob before he hung up the long mic.

She had to camp out the entire night before because the last couple months of shows were severely oversold. She didn't get to "Come on DOWN", but her nametag is still hanging on our wall.

She said she was surprised at how small the set and everything was... She also said she'd leave me for Bob Barker in a hot second.

Well, she didn't... but I could tell she was thinking it.