PDA

View Full Version : Travis Charest Ultimate Saga Panel.

Donal DeLay
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
I know CBR doesn't allow hotlinking, but I don't know if C.B.Cebulski's blog doesn't.

So if this image doesn't show up for you, click the link.

http://chesterfest.blogspot.com/2007/09/travis-charest-does-ultimates.html

http://bp0.blogger.com/_SNIYNHnalqQ/Ru4LtHDg20I/AAAAAAAAAG8/2It2Im3FF5k/s1600-h/UltimateSagaPanel.jpg

Good fucking god. If that's an indication of what Charest is bringing to Marvel interiors then please PLEASE put his ass on a Punisher Miniseries.

C.B.Cebulski
09-17-2007, 03:21 PM
The whole page should be going up online elsewhere soon. It's amazing!!

Hopefully this is just the the start of more continuing work from Travis! I know have my fingers crossed!!

joeAR
09-17-2007, 03:22 PM

Hopefully this is just the the start of more continuing work from Travis! I know have my fingers crossed!!

We all do my good man. We all do.

Joe Henderson
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM

That panel is great. Can't wait to see more.

Donal DeLay
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM

Hopefully this is just the the start of more continuing work from Travis! I know have my fingers crossed!! Is Charest just doing pencils/inks on the story, or is he also painting/coloring/airbrushing it?

Nick_Ardill
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh godamn sweet. Bout time he started doing interiors in North America again.

Jason California
09-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I remember when he was just a Jim Lee imposter. Now he has out paced Jim. Good for him but sad that Jim really has not evolved in the last ten years.

VitoDGK
09-17-2007, 03:39 PM
wow that panel is sexy

A.Huerta
09-17-2007, 03:42 PM
I remember when he was just a Jim Lee imposter. Now he has out paced Jim. Good for him but sad that Jim really has not evolved in the last ten years.

Lee doesnt need to change. He makes $$$ with his default style. Travis had nothing to lose when he was changing his style.

C.B.Cebulski
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Is Charest just doing pencils/inks on the story, or is he also painting/coloring/airbrushing it?

He's penciling and inking it. Justin Ponsor is coloring it.

jason hissong
09-17-2007, 04:08 PM
always loved his work.

wish he could produce more of it faster because it's always breathtaking.

bartleby
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I know you've got a lot riding on ChesterQuest, but it seems a bit like cheating to bring in a ringer this early. Plus I don't think you're going to fool anybody, even if it seems like it's been years since Charest did regular work for one of the major American companies.

;)

Jason California
09-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Lee doesnt need to change. He makes $$$ with his default style. Travis had nothing to lose when he was changing his style.

I am the biggest Jim lee geek out there...dont get me wrong. I am happy he makes all that money.

Compare Jim Lees Wildcats of the 90s to Charest Wildcats Annual 1.

Now Look at Jims current batman work and compare it to the to this panel, the stuff he did for Humanoids, or his most recent Wildstorm work.

Jim does beautiful work but it is essentially the same as it was when he did the X-Men.

Charest pushes himself all the time.

SteveFlack
09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I am the biggest Jim lee geek out there...dont get me wrong. I am happy he makes all that money.

Now Look at Jims current batman work and compare it to the to this panel, the stuff he did for Humanoids, or his most recent Wildstorm work.

Jim does beautiful work but it is essentially the same as it was when he did the X-Men.

You ever see Jim Lee paint? It's awesome. He should do more of that.

-Steve!

joeAR
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM

-Steve!

Jim Lee's my favorite artist but I would not be dissapointed in the least if the man decided to just do painted work for the rest of his career. Absolutley love it.

David Price
09-17-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm fond of the 'Bye Bye Britney' headline.

Here's hopin' nutjob Chris isn't reading...

C.B.Cebulski
09-17-2007, 05:04 PM
I know you've got a lot riding on ChesterQuest, but it seems a bit like cheating to bring in a ringer this early. Plus I don't think you're going to fool anybody, even if it seems like it's been years since Charest did regular work for one of the major American companies.

;)

Ha! You got me. ;)

Jason California
09-17-2007, 05:11 PM

-Steve!

YES and it is great. I would love to see him put some of that out. Just the few panels he did like that in his first bat man run were great. Saw a hulk he did too off the top of my head.

Donal DeLay
09-17-2007, 11:55 PM

Honestly, and I don't say this to be mean, so please forgive me if it comes off that way, but if you think Jim Lee hasn't changed his style in the past 10 years you need to open your eyes and look beyond the superficial.

There's a LOT of growth there.

nick maynard
09-18-2007, 12:12 AM
He's penciling and inking it. Justin Ponsor is coloring it.

schwing!