PDA

View Full Version : A very sad day for my LCS - Time Warp Comics

Rosdower 3.0
09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
I didn't know him very well, but very tragic and sad news...

"Rest in Peace Steven Swink: Born 1952, Passed Away This Weekend at 55 Years Young

My friend and long time Time Warp manager Steve Swink passed away this weekend. Please plan on attending his memorial service this Saturday at 10:00 AM at
Chautauqua Park in the meadow. His widow Mary and son Josh would like as many people that knew and loved Steve to attend. I urge all Time Warp customers to try to be there. We will be closed on Saturday in remembrance and mourning.

Thank you,
Wayne and the Time Warp staff"

Many of you have emailed, came in or called to find out what happened. The obvious answer would be that he perished fighting Annihilus in the Negative Zone (Courtesy of Audrey.)
Unfortunately, it wasn't anything quite that dramatic. Steve had a flu that progressed to pneumonia that progressed to poisoning of his bloodstream. That in turn shut down his organs, and took his life way too
soon.

The memorial service again is this coming Saturday at 10:00 A.M. at
Chautauqua outside the main hall. Chautauqua is located on Baseline road around Sixth avenue. I'd recommend going up 6th to Baseline as a CU Football game is Saturday also.

Steve didn't have medical insurance, so if you care to donate anything that could help offset those and other expenses, or just want to help out the family, his wife's name is Mary Lynch and his son (another fixture here
at the store) Josh can be reached at 1265 Georgetown Road Boulder, CO 80305.

If you have any other questions or comments please let us know.

Lord Jermaine Retail
09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Very sorry to hear this news.

SCOURGE
09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Wow, too bad.

PhilipClark
09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
That sucks. Very sorry to hear. My condolences to his family.

Barry Hollifield
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry about that.

Jason California
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, sorry to har about that. On of the owners my LCS in Colorado died a few years back. I had been buying comics form him since I was 14. almost put the store out of business with all of the legal junk that came after his death.luckily they were able to pull through it. hopefully you guys dont have similar issues.