PDA

View Full Version : I...don't feel like reading the new Technofear thread.

Pat Loika
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
I have a standing invite to go into the new Technofear thread and watch him act like a complete ass...

... I don't think I'm going to go. It'll be nothing special, I'll spend too much time trying to rationalize this guy’s thought process, we'll talk about the same old shit he always does, and he’ll tell us about his friend's sister who will get totally shitfaced, keep asking him if he thinks she's pretty (she should know better) whilst her boyfriend sits next to her, before getting into a fight with him because he dared bring up another woman's name in their conversation. And I just don't feel up to that tonight.

... What's wrong with me?

NOTHING at all.

PeterSparker
09-12-2007, 09:28 AM
10/10

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
You've no idea how much pleasure I get out of seeing my screenname in a thread title. And no, the context doesn't count.

chazbot
09-12-2007, 09:30 AM
where's the star rating at a time like this!?!?!?

Gregory
09-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I suspect the work of the Koila.

Criden
09-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Where indeed! Ten stars! Out of five!

Buk Was Right
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I want to have Pat's thread babies...

Well done sir... well done.

Buk Was Right
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Where indeed! Ten stars! Out of five!

For this one we go to 11!

Pat Loika
09-12-2007, 09:34 AM
You've no idea how much pleasure I get out of seeing my screenname in a thread title. And no, the context doesn't count.

How utterly sad.

P.

Patton
That's fucking crazy man. You kinda nailed the thread without even reading it!

Criden
For this one we go to 11!

Good call! Let's turn those dials!

How utterly sad.

P.

I'm a raging egomaniac.

Master Jack Rabbitt
09-12-2007, 09:36 AM
:heart:

chazbot
09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
hmmm...
really we should be figuring out how to convince Pat to read Techno's thread.

nah...

Fake Pat
09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm a raging egomaniac.

I never would've guessed.

Dreg
09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
I have a standing invite to go into the new Technofear thread and watch him act like a complete ass...

... I don't think I'm going to go. It'll be nothing special, I'll spend too much time trying to rationalize this guy’s thought process, we'll talk about the same old shit he always does, and he’ll tell us about his friend's sister who will get totally shitfaced, keep asking him if he thinks she's pretty (she should know better) whilst her boyfriend sits next to her, before getting into a fight with him because he dared bring up another woman's name in their conversation. And I just don't feel up to that tonight.

... What's wrong with me?

NOTHING at all.

Me and some of the guys were planning on checking out the "What did you have for dinner last night?" thread. Did you want to come with?

09-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I never would've guessed.

To quote a great man, it doesn't matter if they love you, it doesn't matter if they hate you, just as long as they know who you are.

Freeway
09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Loika'd

Ethan Van Sciver
09-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Pat rules.

The Human Target
09-12-2007, 09:48 AM
<slow claps into standing ovation>

09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
This thread is my new home.

copypastepuke
09-12-2007, 09:53 AM
LOVE IT

+100 rep points to pat loika

twigglet
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Second best Pat Loika ever!

After this:

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=126474

I don't even know why I'd try and trick the Pat. I'll blatently never be seen again :(

Akira
09-12-2007, 10:08 AM
10/10

Oh no, Pat's posts go to 11.

Foolish Mortal
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Seriously, if I started posting annoying crap like Technofear, would I too start getting more board recognition? Or would you all just put me on 'Ignore'?

:p

Taxman
09-12-2007, 10:14 AM
... What's wrong with me?Planters warts?

09-12-2007, 10:15 AM
This is awesome.

09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
No more?

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 10:31 AM

Feeds your vanity doesn't it? (I'm the same way.) :D

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
How utterly sad.

P.

Be nice Pat. This is unlike you. You're always the nice, cuddly bear that everyone loves.

JoeE
09-12-2007, 10:33 AM
One day, Buddha statues will be replaced by Loikas.

Matt Jay
09-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Be nice Pat. This is unlike you. You're always the nice, cuddly bear that everyone loves.

They still do. Especially Technofear. The guy is spooging over all this attention right now.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 10:43 AM
No more?

Sorry dude, you don't have staying power. :(

09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
C'mon, don't let it die...

Matt Jay
09-12-2007, 11:09 AM
C'mon, don't let it die...

A warning: once I learned the difference between positive and negative attention, I was never able to look back on the times in which I received negative attention with anything but great embarassment.

09-12-2007, 11:15 AM
A warning: once I learned the difference between positive and negative attention, I was never able to look back on the times in which I received negative attention with anything but great embarassment.

I know the difference. I just don't particularly care.

Amos Moses
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM

I was going to say the same thing.

Matt Jay
09-12-2007, 11:19 AM
In the event that you're wrong about the first statement, your future self would appreciate more restraint.

Jen Grunwald
09-12-2007, 11:20 AM

I don't think that's entirely true. You care.

:rogue:

twigglet
09-12-2007, 11:21 AM

For some reason this post cracked me up. Just the way "You care." is it's own seperate sentance.

And yeah, "any publicity is good publicity" never seemed a great idea to me. If someones saying bad shit about you, you want it to stop.

Lyfeforce
09-12-2007, 11:22 AM
all pat needs to do is photoshop a beer into his $100 pic and we've got an epic thread.

09-12-2007, 11:29 AM

No. I know I should be all offended that people don't seem to like the things I post but...

... I just don't. I used to, I won't lie. But not anymore. And you know why? Because you're not real to me. You're not people. You're white text one a black background, and funny pictures, reacting to other bits of white text on a black background, and other funny pictures.

Matt Jay
09-12-2007, 11:31 AM
No. I know I should be all offended that people don't seem to like the things I post but...

... I just don't. I used to, I won't lie. But not anymore. And you know why? Because you're not real to me. You're not people. You're white text one a black background, and funny pictures, reacting to other bits of white text on a black background, and other funny pictures.

Then why don't you tell us everything? If we don't matter, it's pointless to keep secrets. What's your disability?

Amos Moses
Then why don't you tell us everything? If we don't matter, it's pointless to keep secrets. What's your disability?

He's English.

Because I choose not to.

Matt Jay
09-12-2007, 11:33 AM
He's English.

Poor bastard. That explains everything.

Matt Jay
09-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Because I choose not to.
"Just cuz".

I buy it.

NickT
09-12-2007, 11:34 AM
He's English.
Hey hey HEY! :mad:

The Human Target
09-12-2007, 11:37 AM

I have a feeling one day they're going to find a bunch of dead and partially eaten people in your house.

Bryan H
09-12-2007, 11:41 AM

Ever since he clocked that thief he's been a new man.

Its like Falling Down except less murder. So far.

nick maynard
09-12-2007, 11:42 AM
pat loika starting some DRAMA!

The Human Target
09-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Ever since he clocked that thief he's been a new man.

Its like Falling Down except less murder. So far.

I have a feeling one day they're going to find a bunch of dead and partially eaten people in your house.

:scared:

Cth
09-12-2007, 11:47 AM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/475867011_60093a2fca.jpg

Techneofear?

09-12-2007, 11:48 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/475867011_60093a2fca.jpg

Techneofear?

Exactly.

Cth
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Exactly.

You should use that as your next username then? :)

09-12-2007, 11:56 AM
You should use that as your next username then? :)

Just sent the request.

09-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Done. I added the full stop myself, because it looks sexy.

Masculine Todd
09-12-2007, 12:04 PM
At the risk of being flamed, this was needlessly mean.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 12:05 PM

So The Travis really cares too?

09-12-2007, 12:05 PM

I think it's hysterical.

Cth
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Heh, cool.

Masculine Todd
09-12-2007, 12:12 PM
So The Travis really cares too?

Enough to comment, evidently.

Matt Jay
09-12-2007, 12:18 PM

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22406380-23109,00.html ?

Howlett
09-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Pat... you are a creature of absolute brilliance.

*standing ovation*

Albert
09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/images/buttons/report.gif?

Stirring up drama?

Et tu, Pat?

Masculine Todd
09-12-2007, 12:33 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22406380-23109,00.html ?

:roll:

Look, Technofear can be an insufferable poster from time to time, but which one of us hasn't? For some reason, I seem to be reasonablly liked despite the fact that I whine endlessly about music. You guys don't create threads that chastize me despite posting about personal threads.

I just don't particularly enjoy slams against each other.

Albert
09-12-2007, 12:35 PM

Look, Technofear can be an insufferable poster from time to time, but which one of us hasn't? For some reason, I seem to be reasonablly liked despite the fact that I whine endlessly about music. You guys don't create threads that chastize me despite posting about personal threads.

I'm with Todd on this. In the words of High School Musical, we're all in this together.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I would like the divisiveness on the board to stop. Let's make this a real community, no you won't like everyone, but you don't have to pick and pick and pick on the members you don't like. If you don't like them, just ignore them, I'm all for voicing your opinions, but some of these opinions have been voiced more than enough that EVERYONE knows your views on the member.

Let's be a positive community, that does not mean only post positive things, we should be critical of our politicians, comics, movies, etc. but let's give constructive criticism. There is no reason to tear people down, there's enough of that in this world.

Howlett
09-12-2007, 12:43 PM

I get what you're saying Todd, but in this instance it's merited. Nearly everyone here has bad days, and they start threads for help. They get it. They accept it or not. Then they go away and post as normal again.

Most of them don't start these threads and jump down the throats of people who genuinely, obviously trying to help them.

99.99% of threads by our dear Tech, nearly all of which I've posted in TO help, whether politely and nicely or just bluntly, hoping to smack some sense into him, are "Look at me, my life is so miserable!" threads end this way.

"Look at me, my life is so miserable! I need help"

"Have you tried this? It could help you"

"Shut up. Leave me alone. I don't want your help. I like how I am"

"But... you just said..."

"Shut up"

And god, I wish I was exaggerating :?

If people want to post things like this constantly, they have to be ready for the times when people are just going to say "Y'know what? Fuck ya. I tried to be nice, now I'm just going to have fun and destroy you".

I keep telling people, I like Techno. Reason I'm this nasty and blunt about his actions are I KNOW how this is going to end for him,and thats perma-banned. And of all the people on this board who deserve a banning, I don't think he does for the most part. Also I think being here among people who treat him well (or did until he started all these threads) is good for him.

09-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I get what you're saying Todd, but in this instance it's merited. Nearly everyone here has bad days, and they start threads for help. They get it. They accept it or not. Then they go away and post as normal again.

Most of them don't start these threads and jump down the throats of people who genuinely, obviously trying to help them.

99.99% of threads by our dear Tech, nearly all of which I've posted in TO help, whether politely and nicely or just bluntly, hoping to smack some sense into him, are "Look at me, my life is so miserable!" threads end this way.

"Shut up"

If people want to post things like this constantly, they have to be ready for the times when people are just going to say "Y'know what? Fuck ya. I tried to be nice, now I'm just going to have fun and destroy you".

I keep telling people, I like Techno. Reason I'm this nasty and blunt about his actions are I KNOW how this is going to end for him,and thats perma-banned. And of all the people on this board who deserve a banning, I don't think he does for the most part. Also I think being here among people who treat him well (or did until he started all these threads) is good for him.

I didn't start this.

But never mind.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 12:46 PM

"Shut up"

I would prefer "now I'm just going to IGNORE you."

Pat Loika
09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I would like the divisiveness on the board to stop. Let's make this a real community, no you won't like everyone, but you don't have to pick and pick and pick on the members you don't like. If you don't like them, just ignore them, I'm all for voicing your opinions, but some of these opinions have been voiced more than enough that EVERYONE knows your views on the member.

Let's be a positive community, that does not mean only post positive things, we should be critical of our politicians, comics, movies, etc. but let's give constructive criticism. There is no reason to tear people down, there's enough of that in this world.

I have done nothing but foster positivity for this place since I started posting here. I have, and will continue to share, assist and aid any member of this community if they ever need it.

I have tried, and tried, and tried to be reasonable and forgiving of everyone, no matter how stupid, annoying, or asinine they can be. Again, I emphasize that I TRIED.

But I have LIMITS.

Looking at it now, I'm sorry I started this thread...

P.

Generic Poster
09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Look, Technofear can be an insufferable poster from time to time, but which one of us hasn't?

Me. I'm always sufferable.

Howlett
09-12-2007, 12:50 PM
I would prefer "now I'm just going to IGNORE you."

Fair enough.

Patton
09-12-2007, 12:54 PM

"Shut up"

If only it said his name near the thread title so you didn't have to click it. If only there was an ignore list. The truth is, there are options other than insulting someone. Also, I bet threads like those would drop in quantity if people stopped reading/responding to them.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I didn't start this.

But never mind.

I don't care who started it, I just want these little wars that spring up between posters ended. And this isn't just about the little drama between you and The Travis/Pat. It's other members as well. I understand calling members out, but after awhile, as it evidently becomes clear they ain't a changing, than just ignore them instead of letting them get to you to the point that you are getting in trouble.

I love this community. I have met tons of people and every one of them have been cool, relatively speaking. ;) And I love hanging out here and chatting with EVERYONE. I want this community to remain a positive place. A fun place. We have always been known for our closeness and I don't like these little factions that seem to be growing that seem to result in divisiveness. I don't expect everyone to get along or like each other and it cracks me up who likes who. I'd never have thought Pat and TheTravis would be so cool. Pat is so positive/generous and TheTravis is grumpy and crotchety/brutally honest, but there they are, buddies. And I like these two guys, they crack me up and I'm glad they are members of this community and love how authentic and geniune they are.

Anyway, I would prefer this place to be inclusive of all its members. And if there is someone you don't like, just ignore them, it's not worth it. We have always been honest with one another and I don't think that should change, but when it starts to get ugly and I think you can tell when you are just getting pissed off by the whole thing, just stop and move on.

Mr. E!
09-12-2007, 12:59 PM

If you really feel that way Denny, then lock the thread. That is your prerogative as mod.
But the fact that it was Pat f'ing Lokia, the sweet and gooey center of all that is good in the universe, who finally said no mas...well, I think that speaks volumes.
Personally, I like Techno. I used to take shots at him, but I stopped that a while ago. I've tried to help him and given him constructive criticism and advice, and all I've ever gotten in return was a bunch of crap for my troubles. I'm pulling for him to make it. I'd love to see him break out of the vicious cycle that he loves to perpetuate.

Mr. E!
09-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Me. I'm always sufferable.

It's true. He constantly suffers.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I have done nothing but foster positivity for this place since I started posting here. I have, and will continue to share, assist and aid any member of this community if they ever need it.

I have tried, and tried, and tried to be reasonable and forgiving of everyone, no matter how stupid, annoying, or asinine they can be. Again, I emphasize that I TRIED.

But I have LIMITS.

Looking at it now, I'm sorry I started this thread...

P.

I completely agree with your first paragraph. You are very positive and very generous, and I'm not just talking about your comic giveaways and sketches, like you said listening, sharing, helping, assisting. I'm not allowed to have favorites, but I know how people feel and think about you on this board.

I'm glad you started this thread, gets things out in the open so hopefully we can all move on.

Caley Tibbittz
09-12-2007, 01:04 PM
I wuv Technofear. But I miss the Kelly Osbourne avatars and sigs.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 01:05 PM
If you really feel that way Denny, then lock the thread. That is your prerogative as mod.
But the fact that it was Pat f'ing Lokia, the sweet and gooey center of all that is good in the universe, who finally said no mas...well, I think that speaks volumes.
Personally, I like Techno. I used to take shots at him, but I stopped that a while ago. I've tried to help him and given him constructive criticism and advice, and all I've ever gotten in return was a bunch of crap for my troubles. I'm pulling for him to make it. I'd love to see him break out of the vicious cycle that he loves to perpetuate.

I'm hesitant to just lock the thread because I see it as an opportunity to vent and get things out in the open so we can move on. Locking ends the conversation, keeps things bottled up and that's why you see these negative little comments pop up from time to time.

And I'll admit Pat's history buys him some goodwill and consideration, but I feel deservedly so and I give that to MANY members if not all and I even give those chances to new members. I try to be fair, but yes I probably handle a perpetual offender differently than an outstanding member who finally just had enough. I've also talked with him privately, it's not like he got a pass.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I wuv Technofear. But I miss the Kelly Osbourne avatars and sigs.

I will ban you... :mad:

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Fair enough.

Thanks.

Masculine Todd
09-12-2007, 01:08 PM

"Shut up"

You know, normally, I'd agree with this. However, Techno has become much better behaved of late. He's making jokes. He's not engaging in nearly as many self-destructive posts. This seemed to spawn from a post he made earlier...which didn't goad anyone into anything. It wasn't provoked. That's why I find it a bit disconcerting. I'm not trying to rag on Pat, who's an extremely gracious, humble, kind and selfless guy. As I stated earlier, I merely don't enjoy seeing these kind of threads between boardies. It's not called for.

Mr. E!
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm hesitant to just lock the thread because I see it as an opportunity to vent and get things out in the open so we can move on. Locking ends the conversation, keeps things bottled up and that's why you see these negative little comments pop up from time to time.

And I'll admit Pat's history buys him some goodwill and consideration, but I feel deservedly so and I give that to MANY members if not all and I even give those chances to new members. I try to be fair, but yes I probably handle a perpetual offender differently than an outstanding member who finally just had enough. I've also talked with him privately, it's not like he got a pass.

I need to be clear here; I was not implying that Pat was getting special treatment from you in any way, shape, or form. What I was saying is that when Pat's fed up, it's gotta be pretty bad.

And I'm glad you want to leave this open, I think it could be a positive thing.

I will now withdraw to my lurking.

Caley Tibbittz
09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I will ban you... :mad:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/Tibbittz/kelly-osbourne-20.jpg

Generic Poster
09-12-2007, 01:13 PM
It's true. He constantly suffers.

So that everyone else's board sins might be cleansed!

Steve Marshall
09-12-2007, 01:35 PM

I don't get the fun in that. I think that mindset is pretty lame. There's a big difference in playfully joking around at someone's expense and bullying someone with the sole intention of tearing them down. Neither is necessarily right, but thankfully, 99% of the time, this board engages in the former.

Howlett
09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't get the fun in that. I think that mindset is pretty lame. There's a big difference in playfully joking around at someone's expense and bullying someone with the sole intention of tearing them down. Neither is necessarily right, but thankfully, 99% of the time, this board engages in the former.

I don't get it either. I think it's beyond lame and borders more on disgusting when people do it just for the sheer fun of it and nothing else. I wasn't stating that I endorsed anything like that. But if I was in this position, I'd at the very least expect it. As some have said, the anonymity of the net brings out the worst in more people than not. Unfortunately.

But I do agree with your last point :)

Taxman
09-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I didn't start this.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/glima/Net%20Photos/39872664.RosecoloredGlasses.jpg

changingshades
09-12-2007, 04:04 PM
You know you were pwned when Pat takes the time to parody you.

RebootedCorpse
09-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Best thread of 2007

t00lverine
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Then he goes and posts the same thread on at least two other forums.

Masculine Todd
09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I'd do her.

Hard.

Gross.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 05:29 PM

Alright, then I'll go ahead.

Goddard should have been banned about 100 times over. And just to keep things fair, I've posted a few things in the last few weeks that should have earned me a suspension, if not a banning.

bartleby
09-12-2007, 05:39 PM
And just to keep things fair, I've posted a few things in the last few weeks that should have earned me a suspension, if not a banning.

This may be the first time a person has called out the moderators for doing a poor job because they haven't been suspended themselves.

c. page
09-12-2007, 05:40 PM
This may be the first time a person has called out the moderators for doing a poor job because they haven't been suspended themselves.

he's nothing, if not fair.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 05:47 PM

I even reported myself one of those times. Bupkus.

RebootedCorpse
09-12-2007, 05:48 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/Tibbittz/kelly-osbourne-20.jpg

If all women looked like her, I would sever my own penis and feed it to an eagle

bartleby
09-12-2007, 05:48 PM
I even reported myself one of those times. Bupkus.

It's clear that the mods don't respect you enough to suspend you.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 05:52 PM
It's clear that the mods don't respect you enough to suspend you.

All I'm askin....is for a little suspension..

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 05:53 PM
If all women looked like her, I would sever my own penis and feed it to an eagle

I think this is the first thing you've posted that I agree with you on.

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Alright, then I'll go ahead.

Goddard should have been banned about 100 times over. And just to keep things fair, I've posted a few things in the last few weeks that should have earned me a suspension, if not a banning.

I'll see if I can't oblige you...at least on the latter because I think I agree with you.

Taxman
09-12-2007, 06:02 PM
I even reported myself one of those times.:lol:

moonspider
09-12-2007, 06:06 PM
que??

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I'll see if I can't oblige you...at least on the latter because I think I agree with you.

OMG THE MODS ARE SO UNFAIR! NAZIS! HITLER! AUSCHWITZ! SCHINDLER! HOGAN'S HEROES! RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!

RebootedCorpse
09-12-2007, 06:08 PM
OMG THE MODS ARE SO UNFAIR! NAZIS! HITLER! AUSCHWITZ! SCHINDLER! HOGAN'S HEROES! RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!

More like The Producers.

moonspider
09-12-2007, 06:10 PM
....hogan's heroes?

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:11 PM
http://www.thepoorman.net/wp-content/colonel_klink.jpg

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 06:13 PM

You do realize I've never suspended or banned someone for making fun of me, giving me a hard time, etc.

c. page
09-12-2007, 06:14 PM
You do realize I've never suspended or banned someone for making fun of me, giving me a hard time, etc.

that's probably why he does it.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:15 PM

You know I lurves you.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Hogans_heros.jpg

c. page
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
You know I lurves you.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Hogans_heros.jpg

i like JABSEN's red hat.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
i like JABSEN's red hat.

:lol:

TIP makes a great Bob Crane.

Taxman
09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
OMG THE MODS ARE SO UNFAIR! NAZIS! HITLER! AUSCHWITZ! SCHINDLER! HOGAN'S HEROES! RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!I can't believe that you would call dEnny! a Nazi.Everyone knows he is pure Sith.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/glima/Micro%20Heroes/SithDenny2.gif

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I can't believe that you would call dEnny! a Nazi.Everyone knows he is pure Sith.

But he's so loveably incompetent!

:scared:

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I can't believe that you would call dEnny! a Nazi.Everyone knows he is pure Sith.

What's my Sith name because I'm pretty sure Darth Denny isn't going to strike much fear into the hearts of the Bendis Boarders.

Taxman
09-12-2007, 06:21 PM
But he's so loveably incompetent!

:scared:He looked pretty competent this day.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/glima/Micro%20Heroes/Sithed.gif

c. page
09-12-2007, 06:22 PM
:lol:

TIP makes a great Bob Crane.

you guys shoot a lot of movies together?

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:22 PM
What's my Sith name because I'm pretty sure Darth Denny isn't going to strike much fear into the hearts of the Bendis Boarders.

Darth Heinous!

See what I did there?

c. page
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM

darth klink?

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM
you guys shoot a lot of movies together?

Chicago '06: Behind the Scenes

Taxman
09-12-2007, 06:24 PM
What's my Sith name because I'm pretty sure Darth Denny isn't going to strike much fear into the hearts of the Bendis Boarders.The father of all Sith was Darth Bane, so you can be . . . Darth Ban.

c. page
09-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Chicago '06: Behind the Scenes

emphasis on the behind?

bartleby
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Don't make him have to start a thread announcing that he's resigning from the board. Cause he'll do it.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Don't make him have to start a thread announcing that he's resigning from the board. Cause he'll do it.

Now I'm thinking about it.....

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Huh. Alrighty.

dEnny!

Only to hear you cheer from two states over.

Blandy vs Terrorism
emphasis on the behind?

Always, my friend.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Huh. Alrighty.

Wait...no, my reaction should have been...

OMFG HIMMLER! FIDDLER ON THE ROOF!

moonspider
09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
butt fiddler

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:33 PM
butt fiddler

Just call me Tevye.

moonspider
09-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Just call me Tevye.

papi chullo con carne

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Wait...no, my reaction should have been...

OMFG HIMMLER! FIDDLER ON THE ROOF!

Too late.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Too late.

I was going to find a Hogan's Heroes quote to respond with, but to no avail.

Georgie
09-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Thread of the year?

dEnny!
09-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I was going to find a Hogan's Heroes quote to respond with, but to no avail.

HA!

Taxman
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I was going to find a Hogan's Heroes quote to respond with, but to no avail.One response could have beenYou know nothing!

sans serif
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM

Awww... It's like Flowers for Algernon. Only he never got that genius bit.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 09:51 PM
All I'm askin....is for a little suspension..

I ain't gonna cause no drama....when I return
I ain't gonna cause no drama....'cause I don't wanna

All I'm askin...is for a little suspension (just a little bit)
Denny (just a little bit) when I return (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)

S-U-S-P-E-N-D...find out what it means to me
S-U-S-P-E-N-D...take care, BMB

sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me....

Flonk
09-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Not that I don't love this thread and everything it stands for...BUT!

Why is this not locked and chock full of infraction points? If this one is allowed (and it should be) then all parodies should be allowed.

Howlett
09-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I ain't gonna cause no drama....when I return
I ain't gonna cause no drama....'cause I don't wanna

All I'm askin...is for a little suspension (just a little bit)
Denny (just a little bit) when I return (just a little bit)
Yeah (just a little bit)

S-U-S-P-E-N-D...find out what it means to me
S-U-S-P-E-N-D...take care, BMB

sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me....

Oh man, I soooooooooo want to fucking sig this :rofl:

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh man, I soooooooooo want to fucking sig this :rofl:

It was stuck in my head the whole drive to work, so I had to post it. ;)

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Heh. Hogan's Heroes was part of a question on the USA Today crossword for today.

TheTravis!
09-13-2007, 03:56 AM

Why is this not locked and chock full of infraction points? If this one is allowed (and it should be) then all parodies should be allowed.

This isn't a parody thread. It's a sincere statement of true facts.

JABSEN
09-13-2007, 03:59 AM
i like JABSEN's red hat.:lol:

Run-BMC
09-13-2007, 04:12 AM

That's very Zen.

And I think it's probably the most healthy paradigm that anyone has (if you truly believe it)

I truly believe that 90 percent of all message board communication does not reflect real people. If it did, I'd have to believe that all people hate each other by default. The amount of snark to outright hostility to strangers is staggering.

The majority of internet communication seems to be intended to solely bring attention to the originator (that's why so many comments are nothing but a failed attempt at humor ("What is this? Guillotines R Us?") or extraordinary insight (which is why people who can provide spoilers -like on CBR - are shown extra love and attention). Whether it's through positive or negative ways, that's all it is. And people have realized that it's much more effective to draw attention with something negative.

Which is why Joshus Fialkov thinks everyone on Newsarama wants him dead. The majority of the posts aren't aimed at the work, but are just people trying to be funny.

dEnny!
09-13-2007, 04:15 AM

I don't mind giving you an infraction to make you feel better.

(You've not read all my posts.)

And no, not ALL parodies should be allowed. There wouldn't be a rule against parodies if this board hadn't become a parody of a parody of a parody and pages of this board hadn't been full of CRAPPY, unfunny, stupid, and waste of time parodies. This thread has evolved into something, it has depth, created avenues for open discussion...it's only a parody in subject line.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-13-2007, 04:25 AM
I don't mind giving you an infraction to make you feel better.

(You've not read all my posts.)

And no, not ALL parodies should be allowed. There wouldn't be a rule against parodies if this board hadn't become a parody of a parody of a parody and pages of this board hadn't been full of CRAPPY, unfunny, stupid, and waste of time parodies. This thread has evolved into something, it has depth, created avenues for open discussion...it's only a parody in subject line.

A lot of which would have been alleviated if the people who posted in them just to bitch had just moved on.

Patton
09-13-2007, 04:32 AM
That's very Zen.

And I think it's probably the most healthy paradigm that anyone has (if you truly believe it)

I truly believe that 90 percent of all message board communication does not reflect real people. If it did, I'd have to believe that all people hate each other by default. The amount of snark to outright hostility to strangers is staggering.

The majority of internet communication seems to be intended to solely bring attention to the originator (that's why so many comments are nothing but a failed attempt at humor ("What is this? Guillotines R Us?") or extraordinary insight (which is why people who can provide spoilers -like on CBR - are shown extra love and attention). Whether it's through positive or negative ways, that's all it is. And people have realized that it's much more effective to draw attention with something negative.

Which is why Joshus Fialkov thinks everyone on Newsarama wants him dead. The majority of the posts aren't aimed at the work, but are just people trying to be funny.

Truth.

I think about this a lot. I see so much--you say snark, I say seething hatred--and it's everywhere on the internet. Someone posts something and someone else actually wishes they would die. And I started thinking, why don't more celebrities and public figures get killed by these crazy people. And I realized, there can't be this many crazy people out there. These are the "normal" people you see everyday saying these things. And if not for the internet which gives these people a place to say how much they hate someone or wish they would die, they might not have a release at all. I'm not excusing people reacting that way at all but it's very interesting to me.

I don't know if I agree that those types of hostile posts are to be funny...get attention, definitely...but I dunno if they're trying to be funny most times.

I also have a theory that the only reason anyone posts on message boards and things like that is to fill something they don't already have in their lives. I don't have a lot of comic reading friends so I like to come and talk comics and pop culture related stuff.

Patton
09-13-2007, 04:34 AM
A lot of which would have been alleviated if the people who posted in them just to bitch had just moved on.

True story. And that goes back to what I said about Technofear's threads and no one responded to. If you hate his threads so much, don't post in them. I mean, those things get gigantic.

Blandy vs Terrorism
09-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Truth.

I think about this a lot. I see so much--you say snark, I say seething hatred--and it's everywhere on the internet. Someone posts something and someone else actually wishes they would die. And I started thinking, why don't more celebrities and public figures get killed by these crazy people. And I realized, there can't be this many crazy people out there. These are the "normal" people you see everyday saying these things. And if not for the internet which gives these people a place to say how much they hate someone or wish they would die, they might not have a release at all. I'm not excusing people reacting that way at all but it's very interesting to me.

I don't know if I agree that those types of hostile posts are to be funny...get attention, definitely...but I dunno if they're trying to be funny most times.

I also have a theory that the only reason anyone posts on message boards and things like that is to fill something they don't already have in their lives. I don't have a lot of comic reading friends so I like to come and talk comics and pop culture related stuff.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/djblandy/yhst-34640480252896_1961_661625.gif

NickT
09-13-2007, 06:27 AM
That's very Zen.

I disagree with 90%. Lots of very nice communities online.

As for wether believes it, why does he post it if he doesn't care?