PDA

View Full Version : Why does Lying in the Gutters take US holidays off

Jason California
09-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Rich Johnston is a Brit. yet on all of our holidays he gets his article in on the next day.

I have seen other CBR articls on US holidays but to he best of my recolection he always gets his in on the next day.

Kirblar
09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't understand why most any web-based columns would take labor day off when they can just set it to auto-update the week before.

ScotiaNova
09-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Rich Johnston is a Brit. yet on all of our holidays he gets his article in on the next day.

I have seen other CBR articls on US holidays but to he best of my recolection he always gets his in on the next day.

He writes the column it's down to his US overlords to put them up on the site.

bartleby
09-03-2007, 10:41 AM
It's all about page hits for advertising rates. And if everyone's off work on a Monday, that's a lot of people that aren't on the internet.

The Goddamn Schweitz!
09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
It's all about page hits for advertising rates. And if everyone's off work on a Monday, that's a lot of people that aren't on the internet.

It's funny because you think people going to a site like that it would be the opposite...

NickT
09-03-2007, 11:07 AM
He doesn't upload them himself I assume. Also I don't think he takes British ones off.

Ben Weldon
09-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh, it's Labor Day. I was wondering why some of the sights I like to visit hadn't updated.

Ben Weldon
09-03-2007, 11:30 AM
What is Labor Day BTW? And why cant I wear my white pumps after it?

mike black
09-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Celebrates the American working man by giving him a day off. ;)

NickT
09-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Celebrates the American working man by giving him a day off. ;)
Isn't that weekends? :)

Mr. E!
09-03-2007, 12:36 PM

It is a celebration in appreciation of organized labor, and a way to give the working man a day off. I'm pretty sure it's going to be canceled before too much longer...
It also marks the official end of summer in the US. Lots of seasonal areas (beaches, mountain resorts) cut back their rates and services, as most of their temporary work force goes back to school.
The current thinking is that white is acceptable after Labor Day. White pumps, however, are tacky!

mike black
09-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Isn't that weekends? :)

Extended weekend you Eurobarbarian!

Donal DeLay
09-03-2007, 12:39 PM

A national holiday in the United States and Canada in honor of working people. Labor Day is observed on the first Monday in September.

Yet people in retail still have to work, and all we get is a lowsy time and a half.

As far as wearing white: http://ask.yahoo.com/20020913.html