PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS*Ok. Amazons Attack sucked hard, BUT...

Ben Weldon
08-31-2007, 09:19 AM
...issue #6 was pretty good.
I liked the smackdown between WW and her mom. I liked the image of Hippolyta alone on Themyscira and I liked the last page reveel because it came so out of left feeld yet ties in very nicely with Countdown. It doesn't completely redeem the series (I think ideally it should have been limited to Wonder Woman's book, Countdown and maybe a couple of bookend specials) but it does make it less of a washout than I had expected. There was the potential for a nice little story in there somewhere.

Jef UK
08-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Why did you buy it if you thought it sucked hard?

Gregory
08-31-2007, 09:22 AM
Man oh man, the post-AA Wonder Woman (number 12) is fucking raggedy. Gail's run can't start soon enough.

Kefky
08-31-2007, 09:23 AM
No, it fucking wasn't.

The ending made no sense at all.

Ray G.
08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
It was horrible. Just as horrible as the entire run.

Jerome Gibbons
08-31-2007, 09:29 AM
How long has Granny Goodness been impersonating Athena? And why did she do it?

Even though this whole thing has been pretty bad, I'm glad that it seems the stuff with Themyscira and the gods has been shelved for a while, and am hoping Simone's run focuses more on WW as a character and a person and all that good shit.

Ben Weldon
Why did you buy it if you thought it sucked hard?

I bought the first two issues and read frends copies of the rest, also the Teen Titans tie-ins.

A.Huerta
Im amazed people keep buying a series even after theyre convinced it sucks.

Pat Loika
08-31-2007, 09:30 AM
I really miss Greg Rucka's WW.

P.

Albert
08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Im amazed people keep buying a series even after theyre convinced it sucks.

How else can they complain about it?

Raphael J
08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm sure Gail will be great on the series, but I really wish DC hadn't completely mangled Rucka's take on the character.

Skatonic10
08-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Gail's run can't start soon enough.

Word. I was looking forward to jumping into WW post OYL, then Heinberg's story both took forever, and was a bit confusing for newcommers, and there was no way in hell I was reading AA. I really want to like it, come on DC, I'm begging you to make me like something! Don't let me down, Gail!

Corey
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Word. I was looking forward to jumping into WW post OYL, then Heinberg's story both took forever, and was a bit confusing for newcommers, and there was no way in hell I was reading AA. I really want to like it, come on DC, I'm begging you to make me like something! Don't let me down, Gail!

That's exactly what happened to me.

Blandy vs Terrorism
08-31-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm an idjit.

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
08-31-2007, 11:09 AM
That last page made me laugh s fucking had. What a stupid fucking reveal. Does DC just pull their shit out of a hat these days?

Gregory
08-31-2007, 11:12 AM
That last page made me laugh s fucking had. What a stupid fucking reveal. Does DC just pull their shit out of a hat these days?

There is a precedent if we go back to the post-Crisis reboot. Perez and Byrne tied Apokolips and Olympus with the Fourth World God Wave. However, I'd like an explanation of the science involved behind all that last-minute magic. I don't think even Darkseid could pull that off.