PDA

View Full Version : So, I caught a screening of "Shoot 'Em Up" last night. Go. All of you. ASAP.

Bald Steve
08-28-2007, 07:27 AM
I haven't had that much fun at the movies since I saw a midnight showing of the original Die Hard years ago. The audience (a pretentious L.A. audience, I might add) broke into massive ovation on four separate occassions during this ultra-violent comedy masterpiece. It is to action movies what Kung Fu Hustle was to Kung Fu moves.

--------------MINOR PLOT SPOILERS--------------

It opens with Clive Owen, playing a bum named Mr. Smith, sitting on a bench waiting for the bus. A few seconds later a crying and scared pregnant lady runs by holding her belly. Another few seconds later a Trans-Am crashes around the corner from direction she just came and out hops an angry man who storms by Owen yelling, "You're dead, bitch!". Owen shakes his head, stands up to intervine, and begins the most entertaining and hilarious thrill and laugh ride I've ever been on.

----------------MAJOR KILLING SPOILERS----------------

The kills in this are fucking wildly inventive and utterly hilarious. He uses carrots in about five different ways to kill people, he throws a guy on onto a helicopter during a free-fall gunfight, he kills a guy he can't see by shooting his friend into position and then shooting his hand (which makes his gun go off and hit hidden guy), he blows the back of a guy's head off because he doesn't like his ponytail, he rams a mercedes off the road because the driver changed lanes without signaling, he kills ten guys while fucking Monica Bellucci, he kills guys while delivering a baby and then shoots the umbilical cord when he's done. That is a fraction of what he does. He kills hundreds and hundreds of people and is described by Monica Bellucci's character as, "The angriest man alive".

I swear, I'm not overhyping. It's that good. By the time the guitar riff from "Kickstart my Heart" came on at the end the audience was in a frenzy. You won't have more fun at the movies this summer.

JoeE
08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
I seriously can't wait.

Lab-Rat
08-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Oh sweet. I can't wait to see this movie.

Akira
08-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Been dying for this to come out since comicon

Bald Steve
08-28-2007, 07:47 AM
You will not be disappointed.

I've got 3:10 to Yuma tonight, so I'll post thoughts on that tomorrow morning.

moonspider
08-28-2007, 07:49 AM
they way it's promoted it kinda gives off like a bug bunny cartoon

DAVE
08-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Monica Belluchi on the movie poster already insures that I'll be seeing it.

Bald Steve
08-28-2007, 07:55 AM

If that's why you're going, you will be very, very, very happy.

snuffy
08-28-2007, 07:57 AM
If that's why you're going, you will be very, very, very happy.
Ta-Ta's?:scared:

Bald Steve
08-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Ta-Ta's?:scared:

Everything on her body is visible except her nipples...and her muffin (sorry, couldn't think of anything less crass), natch.

Lab-Rat
08-28-2007, 08:04 AM
You will not be disappointed.

I've got 3:10 to Yuma tonight, so I'll post thoughts on that tomorrow morning.

Funny thing...supposedly I'm going to see a back to back screening of Shoot 'em up and 3:10 to Yuma sometime between now and when the movies actually come out.

snuffy
08-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Everything on her body is visible except her nipples...and her muffin (sorry, couldn't think of anything less crass), natch.

Good Enough.:cool:

JoeE
08-28-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm really hoping I find my way to a screening.

Buk Was Right
08-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Comes out next friday?

I'm getting back into town that Saturday so maybe a Sunday matinee might be just the thing to get me ready for going back to work...

Bald Steve
08-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Comes out next friday?

I'm getting back into town that Saturday so maybe a Sunday matinee might be just the thing to get me ready for going back to work...

It'll set the week up perfect, but be warned - You might find yourself a little angrier on your commute.

Buk Was Right
08-28-2007, 09:17 AM
It'll set the week up perfect, but be warned - You might find yourself a little angrier on your commute.

That's ok... I take the train. A bunch of grumpy monday morning people in an enclosed space... what's the worst that could happen?

mike black
08-28-2007, 09:19 AM

BELLUCCI. BELLUCCI

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/streetcarp645/MonicaBellucciBW2Medium.jpg

Respect.

JoeE
08-28-2007, 09:21 AM
That's some great side-boob.

Bald Steve
08-28-2007, 09:23 AM
That's some great side-boob.

There's a scene in Shoot 'Em Up that takes side-boob to new heights.

DAVE
08-28-2007, 09:27 AM
BELLUCCI. BELLUCCI

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/streetcarp645/MonicaBellucciBW2Medium.jpg

Respect.

Oh boy thanks for correcting my spelling of Mawnika Bellucheeiey's name.