PDA

View Full Version : I know there are tons of fan of THE BAND here-- what is your favorite song....?

Shwicaz
08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I was just listening to them on my IPOD, and there is one song I can't get out of my head.

'When I Paint My Masterpiece'

I don't know if it's the opening (with the accordian and mandolin). Yes, I know its a Bob Dylan song, but the mournful, plaintive singing just make me wistful

Here they are performing the song live (in a recent performance...can anyone tell me what this is from? Rock and Roll hall of fame or something...?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2CUzXY0ZA&mode=related&search=

That and 'Ain't Got No Home' are two songs I could play endlessly over and over because they just hit me.

So, what's yours?

Brian Boru
08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
King Harvest...

or pretty much anything from the second LP.

CVila
08-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Acadian Driftwood

The performance is from Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Concert from 1992.
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1087642&BAB=E

Smokinblues
08-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I will always have a soft spot for Up on Cripple Creek. That was our get drunk and sing along song back in the day. We'd get shitfaced and throw in the last waltz on the weekends...good times.

Doc Randy
08-24-2007, 05:40 PM
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down or I Shall Be Released

dasNdanger
08-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Cripple Creek...

das

Smokinblues
08-24-2007, 06:24 PM
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down or I Shall Be Released
yes

BClayMoore
08-24-2007, 06:47 PM
I was just listening to them on my IPOD, and there is one song I can't get out of my head.

'When I Paint My Masterpiece'

I don't know if it's the opening (with the accordian and mandolin). Yes, I know its a Bob Dylan song, but the mournful, plaintive singing just make me wistful

Here they are performing the song live (in a recent performance...can anyone tell me what this is from? Rock and Roll hall of fame or something...?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2CUzXY0ZA&mode=related&search=

That and 'Ain't Got No Home' are two songs I could play endlessly over and over because they just hit me.

So, what's yours?

I remember that performance, from Dylan's 30th.

Favorite Band songs (and there are a ton):

When I Paint My Masterpiece
Acadian Driftwood
The Weight
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Stage Fright
Shape I'm In
Tears of Rage

Shit, this is ridiculous. Who could name just one?

-BCM

wh park
08-24-2007, 07:24 PM
I just recently got into The Band and have been enjoying their music immensley. Still haven't figured which songs I like the most yet.

St.-
08-24-2007, 08:28 PM
The weight off the last waltz is pretty fantastic.

Do bob dylan and the band songs count as well cause I think bessie smith beats out the weight for me by just a bit but it depends on the day.

Scotty
08-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Atlantic City

CVila
08-25-2007, 03:42 AM
Shit, this is ridiculous. Who could name just one?

-BCM

You are right, I'll also add Chest Fever

Duncan
08-25-2007, 03:47 AM
Katie's Been Gone from the Basement Tapes.

RickLM
08-25-2007, 05:02 AM
When I Paint My Masterpiece is fabulous. I love the Band's performance of it, which almost seems more respectful of the song that Dylan's own performance of it in Renaldo and Clara (Dylan wears a mask and Bob Neuwirth jumps around like a monkey, which kind of ruins it).

Ditto on Chest Fever, The Weight, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down and several others.

WillieLee
08-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Ophelia.