PDA

View Full Version : 2 Topics, 1 Thread: Reading to Emma and 24 Hour Comic next weekend

Ziolko
05-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I don't feel like starting 2 separate threads that no one will read, so I'm doing one that maybe 2 people will read.

ANYWAY.

TOPIC 1
I've started reading to Emma (my unborn child due in August). I'm starting out with Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy but I might move on to either If Chins Could Kill by Bruce Campell or Slapstick by Kurt Vonnegut afterwards. Maybe the Hobbit or Moby Dick. Any other odd recommendations? I'm not reading any Dr. Sues or Clifford books, seeing as how that's all she'll be reading for the first few years of her literacy.

TOPIC 2
Doing anothe 24 hour comic next weekend, though I'm not sure what it's going to be about. Last year I went in with a vague idea of what I was going to do, this time, I dunno. Maybe something with generic superheroes or a bad soap opera with robots fighting in the background. I haven't decided. Any suggestions on that?

St.-
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
I still want to buy all the art from the White Stripes one. :) isnt the idea of the 24 hour comic to not have any idea of what your going to do?

Ziolko
05-18-2005, 11:16 AM
I still want to buy all the art from the White Stripes one. :) isnt the idea of the 24 hour comic to not have any idea of what your going to do?

The idea of a 24 hour comic is that you do a page an hour for 24 hours. There's no rule that says you can't know what you're going to do beforehand. In fact, I think it'd be kind of hard to do one without having some vague notion of at least where to start, or else you might be spending that first hour just trying to figure out what you're doing.

There's probably no way I'm topping White Stripes A-Go-Go, so I'm not even going to try. :)

chamber715
05-18-2005, 11:23 AM
The idea of a 24 hour comic is that you do a page an hour for 24 hours. There's no rule that says you can't know what you're going to do beforehand. In fact, I think it'd be kind of hard to do one without having some vague notion of at least where to start, or else you might be spending that first hour just trying to figure out what you're doing.

It's actually kind of fun to see where your mind can take you if you don't think about your story beforehand. The last two times I did the 24 hour comic, I had my friend give me five words that I had to incorporate into the comic somehow. I found for me, the less planning I do, the easier it is. Because I'm no longer trying to make the version on paper the same as the version in my head.

AAlgar
05-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Since we're settling all of our Ziolko business in one convenient thread, I'll go ahead and ask: have you checked your e-mail lately? I sent you something earlier this week...

Ziolko
05-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Since we're settling all of our Ziolko business in one convenient thread, I'll go ahead and ask: have you checked your e-mail lately? I sent you something earlier this week...

(Guess I should have renamed this the "All Purpose Ziolko Thread" instead, except then even less people would read it)

Yeah, I got your email. I tried opening it yesterday but it wouldn't load. I figured it was my connection and was going to try later tonight. I'll let you know if I keep having problems (thanks, BTW, for sending it to me! :D )

Ziolko
05-18-2005, 11:36 AM
It's actually kind of fun to see where your mind can take you if you don't think about your story beforehand. The last two times I did the 24 hour comic, I had my friend give me five words that I had to incorporate into the comic somehow. I found for me, the less planning I do, the easier it is. Because I'm no longer trying to make the version on paper the same as the version in my head.

I have to at least have a starting point. But that's just me. I've seen some people come up with some amazing stuff just off the top of their heads.

St.-
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM

There's probably no way I'm topping White Stripes A-Go-Go, so I'm not even going to try. :)

oh thanks for the info. Whenever i read something about someone doing a 24 hour comic i always thought they were cheating. And dont ignore my question for buying white strips A-Go-Go originals or your south can will belong to me. :mad: :D

james michael
05-18-2005, 12:02 PM
i :spidey: ziolko

even though he rarely posts anymore and i spell his name wrong half the time... i miss you man...

Ziolko
05-18-2005, 12:12 PM
oh thanks for the info. Whenever i read something about someone doing a 24 hour comic i always thought they were cheating. And dont ignore my question for buying white strips A-Go-Go originals or your south can will belong to me. :mad: :D

Sorry, but I don't sell my original art. I'm weird like that. However, I'm always open for requests for original sketches, as long as I'm asked nicely. ;)

i :spidey: ziolko

even though he rarely posts anymore and i spell his name wrong half the time... i miss you man...

Aww, shucks. :eek:

Seriously, the only reason I don't post so much anymore is because I'm super busy with both upcoming baby and work. Plus I'm hoping the less I post the more likely people forget how much of an ass I made of myself on the old Bendis Board...

I appreciate any and all attention, though. ;)

james michael
05-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Aww, shucks. :eek:

Seriously, the only reason I don't post so much anymore is because I'm super busy with both upcoming baby and work. Plus I'm hoping the less I post the more likely people forget how much of an ass I made of myself on the old Bendis Board...

I appreciate any and all attention, though. ;)

i dont remember you being anymore of an ass than anyone else to the point of standing out... i mean, its not like youre me, adrian of hearts or ben... well, not me, i was just saying that to look like its ok... but at least you have a reason not to post... try and make your wife not hate you as much as possible for what youve done to her, because shell remind you during the "blessed" event... my good vibes are going for a normal and healthy everything for ya...

Ziolko
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM
i dont remember you being anymore of an ass than anyone else to the point of standing out... i mean, its not like youre me, adrian of hearts or ben... well, not me, i was just saying that to look like its ok... but at least you have a reason not to post... try and make your wife not hate you as much as possible for what youve done to her, because shell remind you during the "blessed" event... my good vibes are going for a normal and healthy everything for ya...

I had my "fanboy" moments that I kind of look back on and groan over how much whining I did over some pretty trivial things. Enough to where I felt like an ass, anyway.

In any case, I appreciate the well wishing! :D

St.-
05-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Sorry, but I don't sell my original art. I'm weird like that. However, I'm always open for requests for original sketches, as long as I'm asked nicely. ;)

:mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: :o :mad: :confused: :mad: :-x :Pacman:

ok thats cool. I would like to request a original sketch of Jack and Meg White. Either the cool jumping with fists and sunrays shining classic or a parody of one of there posters or whatever you feel like at the time because I really shouldn't be asking for anything from one of the coolest if not the coolest mini comic creator (I think you will win my vote for best after, shoot always forget fiddlesticks new name, comes out :( ).Well anyhoo fight the good fight and post some updates about notFiddlesticks. Thanks notZiolko.