PDA

View Full Version : Photo Book Idea - Feedback would be most appreciated!

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
08-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I have been messing around with this idea for awhile, and have mentioned it to a few people and usually get quite a positive response.

This would not be a book where I would be the photography, I would be the editor of this endeavor.

Basically, I want to create a photo book of people's self portraits whilst driving.
Like take for instance:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/maryTHEwretched/sepiadriving.jpg

This is a picture of me, I took with a camera, while I was on 76 driving to work at the comic shop one day.

I often see here on MYSPACE and otherwise, the inevitable driving pic. So here are the questions:
1- Would people really be interested in buying this book?
2- Should I include bios, or an answer to the simple question - "where were you when you shot this pic?"
3- SHould I allow pics that OTHER people take of the subject in the book

I would really appreciate any feedback anyone has on this.

Mister Mets
08-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I have no idea whether people would be interested enough to buy it. I don't think a lot of biographical information is necessary. Including photos by others might be a good idea, if they're somehow different from your photos.

Ryudo
08-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Another question you need to ask yourself: "How unsafe is this?"

I mean, no offense, but I would never take a picture while driving. Maybe while sitting at a light or something.

08-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, the safety thing is an issue, but I see photos of this nature ALL OVER The internet...just seems like something that people do...

Ryudo
08-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, the safety thing is an issue, but I see photos of this nature ALL OVER The internet...just seems like something that people do...

I'll be glad to contribute a picture of myself at a stoplight, holding onto the steering wheel. ;)

08-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I figure the process would be long - with me sending out a call for applicants and all, and deciding the full format - but I thanks for the opinion on it - it people think it's a really worthwhile endeavor.

(((FYI -- I am a member of a publishing group that I would most like use to self-publish the work)))

Jacob Lyon Goddard
08-18-2007, 12:56 PM
when i die in a firey car crash, it'll be all your fault, dear

and not because i'll be taking a picture of my self, it'll be the other guy taking a pic.