PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to finally trim the comic list.

dEnny!
08-16-2007, 12:25 PM
And I don't want anyone to think it's because the title is bad or have this speak negatively about the creators I just have realized I no longer have the time to spend reading ALL the comics I buy. I just caught up on over two years worth of Hellblazer and I love that book.

So with the August DCBS order due, creative changes, and other changes I feel now is the time I can make a clean break and drop a few titles:

Black Panther (last issue #30?)
Conan (last issue #50)
Deathblow (last issue #7)
JLA Classified (last issue #50?)
Midnighter (last issue #11)
Red Sonja (last issue #25)
Scalped (last issue #11)
Shadowpact last issue #17
Supergirl and the Legion of Super Heroes last issue #31
Ultimate Fantastic Four (last issue #50)
Welcome to Tranquility last issue #10

Ray G.
08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Those all seem like decent choices to cut, even Shadowpact if Matthew Sturges is the new writer. Just be warned about Legion, though. There's supposedly a huge new writer coming on soon. So Bedard's run is really just a fill-in.

ClintP
08-16-2007, 12:29 PM
And I don't want anyone to think it's because the title is bad or have this speak negatively about the creators I just have realized I no longer have the time to spend reading ALL the comics I buy. I just caught up on over two years worth of Hellblazer and I love that book.

So with the August DCBS order due, creative changes, and other changes I feel now is the time I can make a clean break and drop a few titles:

Conan (last issue #50)
Scalped (last issue #11)
I don't buy any of those, so I think they are great choices to give the axe to!

Master Jack Rabbitt
08-16-2007, 12:30 PM

Conan (last issue #50)
Scalped (last issue #11)

Looks like some good choices. I only read one of those titles myself (shadowpact).

BrianS
08-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm going to take a very hard look at my order this month...

Black Summer and Drafted might have to go...

Lanowar
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Yea Ultimate Fantastic Four has been really...just meh as of late I realized today I was only fooling myself by buying it in the hopes it got better. I'll give it to issue 50 though since the next arc after the surfer sounds intresting.

ZombieSpeedball
08-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Yea Ultimate Fantastic Four has been really...just meh as of late I realized today I was only fooling myself by buying it in the hopes it got better. I'll give it to issue 50 though since the next arc after the surfer sounds intresting.

I agree. With the God War arc, things just seemed to be coming out of nowhere. But I think the introduction of the Ultimate Red Ghost should be pretty awesome.

I have such a good idea for UFF it drives me crazy. It's about Ultimate Dracula.

RebootedCorpse
08-16-2007, 01:12 PM
But..Conan rocks!
Dude...

GrandeMaestro F√ľnke
08-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Out of the titles that I've read from your list I'd say they're pretty average. Midnighter's worth picking up every once inawhile.

natalie
08-16-2007, 02:05 PM

Conan (last issue #50)
Scalped (last issue #11)

Scalped? Are you thinking of picking any of these up in trades?

Andreas
08-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Yep, I was wondering about that for a while. Good luck. ;)

Andreas

Yorick Brown
08-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I recently made the move toward mostly trades. Otherwise I'll keep buying Ult. FF and Ult. X and it's just not worth it.

Corey
08-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Scalped is the only one that I would quibble over.

And you wouldn't like me when I quibble.

dEnny!
08-16-2007, 04:28 PM
But..Conan rocks!
Dude...

I know, but I just don't have the time to read it. I really enjoy it when I get around to it, but I haven't read this book either for probably 2 years.

Sadly, Red Sonja has been added to the list as well.

dEnny!
08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Scalped is the only one that I would quibble over.

And you wouldn't like me when I quibble.

I might continue on in trade (or borrow from the library).

dEnny!
08-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Out of the titles that I've read from your list I'd say they're pretty average. Midnighter's worth picking up every once inawhile.

This is one of the few relaunches by Wildstorm that I've read as they came out; I dig Ennis.

dEnny!
08-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Scalped? Are you thinking of picking any of these up in trades?

Maybe Conan with the relaunch.

I'll definitely look at trades if I hear good things about these titles.

dEnny!
08-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Yep, I was wondering about that for a while. Good luck. ;)

Andreas

It's just a combination of family, work, and school. After I complete my MBA I'm considering taking the test for my CPA or CMA.

dEnny!
08-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Other titles on the chopping block are:

Nightwing
Robin maybe #175
Green Lantern Corps after the Sinestro War
JSA Classified #31 (though will look at the next creative team before cutting)
Heroes for Hire (last issue #13)

New Warriors is on the block as well.

Master Jack Rabbitt
08-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Other titles on the chopping block are:

Nightwing
Robin maybe #175
Green Lantern Corps after the Sinestro War
JSA Classified #31 (though will look at the next creative team before cutting)

Yep, I've dropped Nightwing and Robin and might drop GLCorps after the Sinestro stuff.
You might want to stick with JSA Classified for the B Clay Moore arc coming up. It should be good, I think.

dEnny!
08-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Yep, I've dropped Nightwing and Robin and might drop GLCorps after the Sinestro stuff.
You might want to stick with JSA Classified for the B Clay Moore arc coming up. It should be good, I think.

It's always been hard for me to drop the titles starring groups like the JLA and JSA. I like B. Clay Moore. :scared: I might keep it for a little while longer.

Corey
08-16-2007, 04:50 PM
New Warriors is on the block as well.

Noooooo!!!!!

Changeling
08-16-2007, 07:04 PM
But..Conan rocks!
Dude...

Yeah, I'd keep Conan. Otherwise all worth the drop.

changingshades
08-16-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't buy any of those, so I think they are great choices to give the axe to!

agreed

dEnny!
08-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I'd keep Conan. Otherwise all worth the drop.

I hate to do it, I might try and keep up with it in trade, but I need to read the first volume first.

chazbot
08-17-2007, 09:25 AM
I agree with those selections. Crazy!