PDA

View Full Version : The secret about "Captain America - The Return" revelead

Kefky
08-14-2007, 08:09 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11597

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=125258

Kind of surprising that they blew the mystery so early. This should be a good read, though.

Jerome Gibbons
08-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, that didn't take long.

Sy-Klone
08-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, I love The Invaders. This sounds like fun. Marvel's answer to JUSTICE, if you will.

JoeE
08-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Eh, time-traveling Invaders doesn't really do it for me.

Jef UK
08-14-2007, 08:15 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious from the promo image that this would be an Invaders story. I'm surprised and disappointed that it's a time-travel story.

Doesn't seem anything like JUSTICE to me.

Ryudo
08-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, I love The Invaders. This sounds like fun. Marvel's answer to JUSTICE, if you will.

Answer... rip-off... same deal. :)

Eh. I kid. It'll be interesting at the least.

Sy-Klone
08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious from the promo image that this would be an Invaders story. I'm surprised and disappointed that it's a time-travel story.

Doesn't seem anything like JUSTICE to me.

Same writers get to play with Marvel's big guns, The Avengers and The Invaders, without necessarily getting bogged down in current continuity.

Superficially, it sounds similar to me.

JoeE
08-14-2007, 08:19 AM
I hope it doesn't affect the current continuity too much. Seems to me that a series like this wouldn't have seen the light of day had it not been pitched by an A-list creator.

Jef UK
08-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Same writers get to play with Marvel's big guns, The Avengers and The Invaders, without necessarily getting bogged down in current continuity.

It's just that Alex Ross mentioned so much of modern Marvel continuity in which the story is going to be imbedded that it seems like a different project. No Ross on interiors is pretty disappointing too.

Fat Randy
08-14-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm glad it wasn't really Captain America coming back to life, obvious it wouldn't be I agree with most people and feel that Brubaker should handle that story. Still this does look great and I'd pick it up

Sy-Klone
08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
It's just that Alex Ross mentioned so much of modern Marvel continuity in which the story is going to be imbedded that it seems like a different project. No Ross on interiors is pretty disappointing too.

I can see that. It'll take place in modern Marvel Universe proper, but I suspect it'll be pretty loose. In other words, the big stuff is the same (Cap is dead, Iron Man leads SHIELD, etc) but it won't be too deeply connected to the smaller stuff.

I concede the JUSTICE comparison is probably jumping the gun, though. I'll wait and see how it all plays out.

Jerome Gibbons
08-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Reading on it now, it sounds rather interesting.

John M. Coker (Johnny C.)
08-14-2007, 08:28 AM

That's actually the one bit of news that has me slightly interested in this. Love Ross's covers and posters, not a fan of his interior work at all.

Kefky
08-14-2007, 08:33 AM
In case some of you guys didn't check out the newsarama article, Steve Sadowski is doing the art.

nick maynard
08-14-2007, 08:45 AM

i think it is going to feature new avengers and mighty avengers, so it will be all about current continuity.

Master Jack Rabbitt
08-14-2007, 08:50 AM
I think I'm trade-waiting on this... maybe passing altogether.

Mister Mets
08-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Seems cool. But it's a bit odd to have it revealed so soon, or so late (Marvel could've teased the Return on Friday at the Wizard con, and then revealed the Invaders part on Sunday.)

Matt Jay
08-14-2007, 09:02 AM
This does nothing for me. I'd be happy if time-travel never happened in the MU again, except for Kang.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
08-14-2007, 09:11 AM
I Will Probably Read That.

Wayno.

Marcdachamp
08-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Yeah, the worst part is no Ross on interiors. Fuck, Justice was such a beautiful project. I am very much looking forward to this, though.

John Drake
08-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Awesome. Sadowski is a great artist, too.

Ben
08-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Looks interesting!