PDA

View Full Version : Lucasfilm Eyeing Six Indiana Jones 4 Titles

Brandon Reynolds
08-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Lucasfilm Eyeing Six Indiana Jones 4 Titles
Source: /Film
August 12, 2007

/Film reports that Lucasfilm has filed for six possible titles for Indiana Jones 4 with the MPAA. The proposed titles include:

- Indiana Jones and the City of Gods
- Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds
- Indiana Jones and the Fourth Corner of the Earth
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Gold
- Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Covenant

We'll have to wait and see if Steven Spielberg and George Lucas go with one of these titles or something completely different.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=36251

Hmmm. If the title is indeed the title is chosen from this set, I choose the first one.

chazbot
08-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Indiana Jones and the Prisoner of Azkaban

done. $250 million + guaranteed.

Brad N.
08-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Hmmm. If the title is indeed the title is chosen from this set, I choose the first one.
City of Gods is what is rumored on IMDB and has been from almost day one and is the one I've read they like the most.

Dreg
08-12-2007, 07:02 PM
"Lost City of Gold" has a nice Allan Quartermain feel to it.

Ray G.
08-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but it's probably too long. Go with City of Gods.

Bill Nolan
08-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Several of these oddly familiar to other sci-fi movies/tv-show titles. If Connery were in it, I would have suggested "Indiana Jones and the Pen is Mightier"...

Jacob Lyon Goddard
08-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Crystal Skull?

Indy vs Mayans!

FredC
I like Fourth Corner of the World best myself, though City of the Gods seems to work.

Simps
Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds makes me think of Indy vs. Galactus.

Brad N.
Several of these oddly familiar to other sci-fi movies/tv-show titles. If Connery were in it, I would have suggested "Indiana Jones and the Pen is Mightier"...

Alex Trebek: Yeah, it was a trick question, Mr. Connery. Why don't you pick a category?

Sean Connery: I've got to ask you about the Penis Mightier.

Alex Trebek: What? No. No, no, that is The Pen is Mightier.

Sean Connery: Gussy it up however you want, Trebek. What matters is does it work? Will it really mighty my penis, man?

Alex Trebek: It's not a product, Mr. Connery.

Sean Connery: Because I've ordered devices like that before - wasted a pretty penny, I don't mind telling you. And if The Penis Mightier works, I'll order a dozen.

Alex Trebek: It's not a Penis Mightier, Mr. Connery. There's no such thing!

Among my all time favorite SNL moments.

Hock
Inidan Jones and the Temple of Poon!

Brad N.
08-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds makes me think of Indy vs. Galactus.

It really does, it's the only one on that list that makes me giggle.

Icaruss
08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Won't choose the first one. Too much like Cidade de Deus (City of God)

I'd presume they'll go with... Fourth Corner of the Earth, even if doesn't make any sort of sense at all.

Alasar
08-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I like the City of the Gods myself, although they could call it anything and I'll still see the hell out of this movie.:)

Brewtown Andy
08-12-2007, 07:31 PM
For my money, the best two Indy movies are 1 and 3. Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail.

I'm not seeing a famous religious artifact in those titles to pin this movie on, which is slightly troubling.

Brandon Reynolds
08-12-2007, 08:12 PM
For my money, the best two Indy movies are 1 and 3. Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail.

I'm not seeing a famous religious artifact in those titles to pin this movie on, which is slightly troubling.

Well, if you go to the official Indiana Jones site it seems to reveal the item

the box containing the Ark of the Covenant from Raiders.

jamestolliver
08-12-2007, 08:23 PM

remember the good 'ole days when the grail was just a cup and not some woman?

Mister Mets
08-12-2007, 08:29 PM
My thoughts on the titles.

Indiana Jones and the City of Gods
Instantly interesting. Establishes something ancient and powerful.

Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds
Apocalyptic. Reminds me too much of Galactus.

Indiana Jones and the Fourth Corner of the Earth
I get the connection to the unexplored places in the world, but it's not exciting or strange.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Crystal's not as exciting as Gold. Seems like an underwhelming kingdom.

Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Gold
Instantly suggests exploring a place that no one's seen before, but everyone's looking for. The appropriateness of this title depends on the significance of the city of Gold.

Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Covenant
Religious meaning, and a tie to the blockbuster first movie. Suggests a direct sequel/ continuation.

Brandon Reynolds
08-12-2007, 10:41 PM
My thoughts on the titles.

Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Covenant
Religious meaning, and a tie to the blockbuster first movie. Suggests a direct sequel/ continuation.

Given that Marion is the film, I say the chances of this film being a direct continuation are very high.

Matt O'Keefe
08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
I should mention to all the people complaining about Destroyer of Worlds that 99% of the world has never heard of Galactus.

City of Gods FTW:D

Bill Nolan
08-13-2007, 04:42 AM
Among my all time favorite SNL moments.

The only thing that comes close is Alec Baldwin as the soap opera doctor mispronouncing everything. "Cancer of the Anal Canal"...

Afny
08-13-2007, 04:47 AM
City of Gods, plox.