PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Dresden Files?

Blane
08-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Cause I think it's canceled. Which sucks.

The TV show was good, but the books are much much better...

LeggoMyEggolas
08-06-2007, 12:53 PM
I don't think it's cancelled. It finished a 13 episode first season in April and last I heard, 2nd season will be when Battlestar returns as together they were a pretty good Sunday block for SciFi. That and the first season comes out this week or next and the box still says "Complete First Season". What makes you think cancelled?

Lab-Rat
08-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Never watched it. Though...I always ment to.

Was debating on buying the season 1 DVD set...as it comes out within the next few weeks if I'm not mistaken. However I don't think I will.

Bill Nolan
08-06-2007, 12:55 PM
There may have been a link in yesterday's thread, if anyone is looking for actual confirmation...

LeggoMyEggolas
08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Never watched it. Though...I always ment to.

Was debating on buying the season 1 DVD set...as it comes out within the next few weeks if I'm not mistaken. However I don't think I will.

Buy it. It's worth it. Fun little show. I'm 99% sure it's coming back.
EDIT:
Well fuck, just saw the thread. Buy the dvd in droves maybe it'll come back. Painkiller Jane has had HOW many episodes?

The Dean
08-06-2007, 01:09 PM
I've seen a couple of episodes which prompted me to buy the first book. Both are pretty good and I plan on watching more episodes when I can and picking up the rest of the novels.

Jet
08-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Yes, it was canceled.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Roush-Dispatch/Dresden-Sci-Fis/800019821

I am a huge fan of the show and the books (my avatar is the cover for the next book due out next year) so needless to say I am a little bent. SciFi puts out crap like PKJ and that silly superhero show with Stan Lee, not to mention that they have wrestling on but that's a whole other issue, but Dresden gets the boot. Just silly.

FedEx Fanboy
08-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Cause I think it's canceled. Which sucks.

The TV show was good, but the books are much much better...

:no:

Remember Mr. Tardypants, Search function is your friend...

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=122084