PDA

View Full Version : Masturbating can be deadly...

tjtolosa
05-17-2005, 12:59 PM
UPDATED: Man shot in head at Quarry Market dies
Web Posted: 05/13/2005 09:36 PM CDT

San Antonio Express-News and KENS 5 Eyewitness News

An off-duty constable working security at the Alamo Quarry Market shot a man in the head and himself in the hand after confronting the man as he fondled himself in the parking lot this afternoon, police said.

The man, whose identity was not being immediately released, was taken by helicopter to an area hospital. He died around 7 p.m., San Antonio police spokesman Sgt. Gabe Trevino said.

An ambulance was transporting the constable to a local hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening.

The incident occurred at about 4 p.m. in the Quarry parking lot outside of Old Navy and Whole Foods.

Trevino said the Precinct 4 constable responded to a complaint about a man in a black vehicle masturbating in the parking lot.

When the constable confronted the man, he slammed the door shut on the constable's hand and began dragging the officer with him, Trevino said.

The constable then began to fire his weapon, shooting himself once in the hand. He managed to free himself from the car door and shoot the motorist in the head. The motorist had continued driving, slamming the car into other vehicles, Trevino said.

The shooting disrupted business as usual at the Quarry Market.

"People are definitely scared," said Brenna Kuykendall, an employee at Old Navy. "It's very choatic here. There are a ton of police officers. There's a lot of noise and confusion going on."

Kuykendall said she didn't realize what was going on until she heard the wail of the sirens.

"I didn't hear any (gunshots) because at Old Navy our music is so loud," she said.

Kuykendall said police were not allowing any customers to exit the store for safety purposes.

Another shooting in the Quarry Market parking lot, this one just after midnight, took another man's life in February 2002.

Stay with MySanAntonio.com for more information as it becomes available.

Pretty wild... :D

batphone begins
05-17-2005, 01:01 PM
fuck that, i'm still gonna tug it

Doug
05-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Damn!

joeAR
05-17-2005, 01:02 PM
That's it i'm masturbating in my house for now on

BriRedfern
05-17-2005, 01:02 PM
That cop should be charged for shooting that guy in the head. That is out of control. I realize he was injured, but it sounds like he shot a fleeing, unarmed man, for a non-capital offense AFTER he had freed himself. Thats fucked up.

Oh, its also fucked up that guy was beating the one eyed mushroom in a parking lot though.

joeAR
05-17-2005, 01:03 PM
That cop should be charged for shooting that guy in the head. That is out of control. I realize he was injured, but it sounds like he shot a fleeing, unarmed man, for a non-capital offense AFTER he had freed himself. Thats fucked up.

Oh, its also fucked up that guy was beating the one eyed mushroom in a parking lot though.

The dude slammed the officers hand in the door and started driving, he deserved to be shot in the arm not in the head

GabeLogan
05-17-2005, 01:05 PM

Well considering the guy was dragging him from his car I think he would be justified in using force.

BriRedfern
05-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Well considering the guy was dragging him from his car I think he would be justified in using force.

Thats what I'm saying, it says he shot him in the head AFTER he had freed himself.... Or atleast thats how I'm reading it....

Thudpucker
05-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Best line? "The shooting disrupted business as usual at the Quarry Market"

GabeLogan
05-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Thats what I'm saying, it says he shot him in the head AFTER he had freed himself.... Or atleast thats how I'm reading it....

He did...the guy slammed a car door on his hand and tried to drag him. The guy got free. At that point he doesn't know what this guy is capable of doing. The guy was within his rights/duty to use the force he deems necessary. If the cops disagree they will charge him, but personally I see no wrong doing on his part.

TRILL, THE CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
You can't even masturbate in public anymore? What is this country coming to?

GabeLogan
05-17-2005, 01:21 PM
You can't even masturbate in public anymore? What is this country coming to?

A dictatorship?

BriRedfern
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
He did...the guy slammed a car door on his hand and tried to drag him. The guy got free. At that point he doesn't know what this guy is capable of doing. The guy was within his rights/duty to use the force he deems necessary. If the cops disagree they will charge him, but personally I see no wrong doing on his part.

Cops actually can't shoot "innocent" (as in until proven guilty) people while they are trying to escape and/or running away. Only the FBI (and possibly other federal agencies, I don't know) can do that.

BriRedfern
05-17-2005, 01:23 PM
A dictatorship?

Whatever it is, I don't think we should have the word dic in the description if you are not allowed to masturbate freely.

But that might just be my own hang up.

GabeLogan
05-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Cops actually can't shoot "innocent" (as in until proven guilty) people while they are trying to escape and/or running away. Only the FBI (and possibly other federal agencies, I don't know) can do that.

The guy would have dragged him to death if he hadn't gotten himself free. A car is considered a weapon when used in that sort of way...the guy was far from innocent and at the very least could have been charged with attempted murder.

tjtolosa
05-17-2005, 01:39 PM
If the guy had managed to get up any decent speed before the cop managed to free himself, he definitely could have seriously injured or killed him... which makes the cops actions justified in my eyes.