PDA

View Full Version : Mild conspiracy theory about the recent assassination of...

Thommy Melanson
07-30-2007, 02:57 PM
...Captain America.

It was a Skrull that was assassinated.

The real Steve Rogers is underground with Nick Fury and they're planning something huge.

Remember, even though Logan - when he saw Cap's body - said his senses told him it was Rogers, those same senses were fooled by Elektra/Skrull.

At SDCC, Joe Q said there's nothing in his year and a half planner with Steve Rogers in it...so that means Cap returns in a year and nineteen months!

:CapA:

Dan McLellan
07-30-2007, 02:58 PM
that's not that wild

Thommy Melanson
07-30-2007, 02:59 PM
that's not that wild

Sorry, I meant "mild".

Jerome Gibbons
07-30-2007, 02:59 PM
But we've seen Cap's body - it was all shriveled up because the Super Soldier Serum's effects apparently reversed themselves after he died.

Kingsumo
07-30-2007, 03:00 PM
The only problem with that is when the Elektra Skrull died, Logan could tell instantly. Whatever it was doing to confuse his senses died with her.

Foolish Mortal
07-30-2007, 03:00 PM
His body didn't revert to a Skrull.

Chris McCarver
07-30-2007, 03:01 PM
...Captain America.

It was a Skrull that was assassinated.

The real Steve Rogers is underground with Nick Fury and they're planning something huge.

Remember, even though Logan - when he saw Cap's body - said his senses told him it was Rogers, those same senses were fooled by Elektra/Skrull.

At SDCC, Joe Q said there's nothing in his year and a half planner with Steve Rogers in it...so that means Cap returns in a year and nineteen months!

:CapA:

Not to poke a hole in your theory, but wouldn't have the body reverted to Skrull form once he flatlined, as Elektra did?

'Course, I guess it could be argued that the Skrulls used a sample of Steve's blood to reverse-engineer the super-soldier serum so as to hedge their bets against "Steve" being outed as a Skrull...

bradical
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
The only problem with that is when the Elektra Skrull died, Logan could tell instantly. Whatever it was doing to confuse his senses died with her.

and i think she reverted to skrull shape upon death. this theory has all sorts of holes in it. i'm begining to doubt it.

Thommy Melanson
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh, like all conspiracy theories, there's holes large enough to drive a truck through.

Just wanted to see what other theories would sprout from this one.

King Of Fakeposts
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
it could be an evolved skrull.

bradical
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
so it looks like i'm ot only a slow typer but unoriginal as well. i'll just have to try harder, redouble my efforts.

Thommy Melanson
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Just because one Skrull reverts upon death, doesn't mean others would.

Some people die and a month later are nearly sludge, others when exhumed after decades look as if they were just laid to rest.

AAlgar
07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
It's obvious he's coming back, but I hope for now he's "really" dead. It felt like such a cop-out when Superman "died" and was never really dead. I hope that, at this moment, Captain America, aka Steve Rogers, is actually a corpse without any stupid tricks or loopholes.

Thommy Melanson
07-30-2007, 03:07 PM
It's obvious he's coming back, but I hope for now he's "really" dead. It felt like such a cop-out when Superman "died" and was never really dead. I hope that, at this moment, Captain America, aka Steve Rogers, is actually a corpse without any stupid tricks or loopholes.

He's gotta be hiding out with Nick Fury.

Fury's absence amid this whole thing is the 800-pound elephant in the room.

There's somethin' big brewing.

Foolish Mortal
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Just because one Skrull reverts upon death, doesn't mean others would.

Some people die and a month later are nearly sludge, others when exhumed after decades look as if they were just laid to rest.
Ed Brubaker made it clear it was Steve's body.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=118097

Thommy Melanson
07-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Ed Brubaker made it clear it was Steve's body.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=118097

Bah! What does he know? :lol: