PDA

View Full Version : 'Colbert Report' to get best-of DVD

BENDIS!
07-29-2007, 08:28 PM
'Colbert Report' to get best-of DVD Sun Jul 29, 8:23 PM ET

NEW YORK - Stephen Colbert's legacy has been preserved in self-portraits, a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor and an Ontario Hockey League mascot named Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle. Now, the satirist is getting a DVD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Highlights from the first two years of "The Colbert Report" will be compiled for a single-disc DVD to be released Nov. 6, Comedy Central told The Associated Press. An official announcement of the DVD will be made Monday.

"The Best of 'The Colbert Report'" will include sketches from segments such as "The Word," "Better Know a District," "Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger" and "Threat Down." Celebrity interviews will also be featured.

"The Colbert Report," a spin-off of "The Daily Show," first aired in October 2005. It was recently nominated for four Emmy Awards, including variety, music or comedy series, and individual performance in a variety or music program.

___

Drew
07-29-2007, 08:32 PM
And now we know why Viacom's out of YouTube.

augie680
07-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Know what would rule, discs like this for Late Night With Conan O'Brien.

I'd love a three disc set collecting all of the great moments from Conan.

morlock with a day pass
07-29-2007, 10:28 PM
great news! the report kicks daily show's ass. and that conan dvd request? seconded.

c. page
07-29-2007, 10:37 PM
conan actually does have a best of disc, IIRC. i've seen it paired with the best of triumph the insult comic dog.

and i hope the colbert dvd has the filliam h. muffman bit on there.

Marcdachamp
07-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Awesome.

Joe Kalicki
07-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Great.

And also, a Tek Janson disc would be cool.