PDA

View Full Version : Anarky

Japhy Ryder
07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
I was really hoping Morrison would revamp the Anarky villain/anti-hero during his Batman run. That character has some untapped and controversial potential. I think he's under-utilized, perhaps because many writers wouldn't quite know what to do with that kind of political material.

Anyone else out there want to see Anarky back on the streets?

Matt O'Keefe
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Ask Ray.

And he's the most obvious V rip-off I have ever seen.

Deej
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Ray put you up to this...didn't he?

You can't fool me Ray!!

WinstonWolf
07-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Yes, I remember him from the Grant run on Detective Comics. When was the last time he appeared, and is he still alive even?

Master Jack Rabbitt
07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I :heart: Anarky

Japhy Ryder
07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Ray may have used mind-control techniques on me to type the question out... but no, it was just something I was thinking about.

Yeah, we all know he's a third-rate clone of V; that's why I'm saying he needs to be revamped. Someone like Morisson could pull that off, separate the character and make him into his own beast. After all, he started out as a kid and could transform into something more innovative now that he's all growns up.

Wikipedia says his last appearance was in 2005.

... and who's Ray...?

Deej
07-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Ray may have used mind-control techniques on me to type the question out... but no, it was just something I was thinking about.

Yeah, we all know he's a third-rate clone of V; that's why I'm saying he needs to be revamped. Someone like Morisson could pull that off, separate the character and make him into his own beast. After all, he started out as a kid and could transform into something more innovative now that he's all growns up.

Wikipedia says his last appearance was in 2005.

... and who's Ray...?

DON'T SPEAK HIS NAME!!! :scared:

Japhy Ryder
07-24-2007, 12:03 PM
He whose name must not be spoken?

Ray G.
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi. :D

Japhy Ryder
07-24-2007, 12:06 PM
AH! You scared the crap out of me! :scared:

Ray G.
07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
So, yeah, the problem with Anarky is that he's not a character of the times. He is a V rip-off, when he could be so much more. Why is a young anarchist, who would probably be 17 now, dressing up in a gold mask and cloak and committing terrorism with philosophy quotes when he could be taking his message directly to the people who would be most receptive? Someone needs to modernize him, and make him a renegade figure for this generation.

Japhy Ryder
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Get rid of the trappings and vestments that bog the character down and modernize him. It'd work if the company would be wiling to allow writers to purport extremist anarchist views in their books. So much could be done with that cat.

WinstonWolf
07-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Uh uh. Anarky is for the people, by the people. By the way, I heard this crazy story that the JOKER is Anarkys FATHER. Heh, wouldn't this be funny if it turned out to be true? Uh, it's not true is it?

Ray G.
07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Get rid of the trappings and vestments that bog the character down and modernize him. It'd work if the company would be wiling to allow writers to purport extremist anarchist views in their books. So much could be done with that cat.

I'd personally like to see him as more of a renegade vigilante myself. He could be a slightly more extreme version of what Green Arrow used to be - focusing his fight on the criminals most heroes won't touch, the businessmen and exploiters of innocents.

I have an pitch for a new team with Anarky leading that would rock your socks. :D

Japhy Ryder
07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
:lol:

Ray G.
07-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Uh uh. Anarky is for the people, by the people. By the way, I heard this crazy story that the JOKER is Anarkys FATHER. Heh, wouldn't this be funny if it turned out to be true? Uh, it's not true is it?

It was made canon by Anarky's creator in his short-lived series, but no one's ever followed up on it. The math makes no sense anyway, given that Anarky's 16, and Joker's only been Joker for about ten years.

Japhy Ryder
07-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I'd personally like to see him as more of a renegade vigilante myself. He could be a slightly more extreme version of what Green Arrow used to be - focusing his fight on the criminals most heroes won't touch, the businessmen and exploiters of innocents.

I have an pitch for a new team with Anarky leading that would rock your socks. :D

That sounds like some kick-assery right there. I'm on board! I've got ideas too, but you know how writing is; you just can't give away that kind of gold for free.