PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Boston and New York!

Patrick King
07-21-2007, 11:38 AM
So this past week, I went to Boston and New York City with my dad and brother. It was the first time I had been to either places, and it was incredibly fun. Boston was beautiful, we walked around and saw the Revolutionary War sites, Fenway Park, the harbor, etc... Then in New York we went to the Empire State Building, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, a Yankees game (where, God help me, I actually cheered for the Yankees), saw a taping of the Late Show with David Letterman (which is actually across the street from the DC Comics office), saw Times Square, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, and generally took in the atmosphere. It was especially cool to go from Boston to New York (and then back again a few days later) on a train, since I had never been on Amtrak before. To be honest, I preferred Boston over NYC because it was far less hectic and more laid back, plus it was a lot less cramped and overwhelming. It was funny though, our hotel in Boston was really nice, then we got to NYC and the lobby and exterior of our hotel was nice, and the room was gross (peeling/cracking paint on the walls, nasty looking carpet, bathroom window sealed with duct tape, etc...). Still, it was a great time, it was really fun and exciting to go somewhere that felt completely different than what I'm used to.

Shwicaz
07-21-2007, 12:02 PM
glad you enjoyed your time in Boston. I work at a hotel here, and try to get the people who are visiting to at least take a tour or walk the freedom trail, just to get a taste of the history of the city.

I just recently took a tour, and a harbor cruise (narrated) myself. (although I live in the city, I never did it before. I learned a lot, and it was fun, too.

Patrick King
07-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah, we walked the Freedom Trail from near the Boston Common to Bunker Hill. I really really liked the architecture of the buildings, there's something really cool about row houses and those close neighborhoods. It's totally different than what I'm used to in Austin. Good times.