PDA

View Full Version : HOT DOG! Almost done with one summer class!

dEnny!
07-20-2007, 12:47 PM
I finished my last paper, just turned in the group paper, scored a 92 on the last quiz and only have one quiz and a final left.

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!

If I can get a paper done for my other class I'll only have one class left for my MBA. (Though I may have to take an I and work on it this fall.)

I can not wait to be over!

sleep
07-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Fuck. Now I want a hot dog.

(Good on ya, mate.)

dEnny!
07-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Fuck. Now I want a hot dog.

(Good on ya, mate.)

See, you're my new favorite member. Would you like a personalized title? I'm giving one away. :heart:

DaGetHighKnight
07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
I got a hotdog for ya Denny.

dEnny!
07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I got a hotdog for ya Denny.

Don't tease!

DaGetHighKnight
07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Don't tease!

Foot long.....

Fourthman
07-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Aw dEnny, we all know you're like summer school...

you've got no tact.

Wait...

sleep
07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
See, you're my new favorite member. Would you like a personalized title? I'm giving one away. :heart:

Can I think on it? This is all so sudden!

dEnny!
07-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Can I think on it? This is all so sudden!

Offer expires at midnight...then I turn into a pumpkin.

sleep
07-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Offer expires at midnight...then I turn into a pumpkin.

PM'd

dEnny!
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
PM'd

Done.

Buk Was Right
07-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Aw dEnny, we all know you're like summer school...

you've got no tact.

Wait...

I chuckled.

And congrats dENNY... speaking as a college dropout I commend your educational pursuits.

sleep
07-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Done.

Suh-weet! Thanks again. And good luck with that whole MBA, thing, too. :D

DaGetHighKnight
07-20-2007, 01:14 PM
OOOO! Make me "Smoke Dog" pleaseeeeeeeeeee! Ill send you some art!

dEnny!
07-20-2007, 01:14 PM

Of?

Buk Was Right
07-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Of?

Mostly erotic oil paintings of Lord of the Rings and CSI characters...

It's weird, but you can't really look away.

DaGetHighKnight
07-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Of?

Whatever you like, I can draw...

hook me up mang!!

aj110
07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
finished up 3 summer courses today!

my last 3 classes ever at college start monday, i too cannot wait.

Jef UK
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Hot dog!

dEnny!
07-23-2007, 05:01 AM
finished up 3 summer courses today!

my last 3 classes ever at college start monday, i too cannot wait.

THREE! That's impressive. It's hard for me to take more than one per semester with everything else going on.

dEnny!
07-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Whatever you like, I can draw...

hook me up mang!!

I'm not sure I want to get into the business of selling customized titles though. OOOOHHHH...the internal conflict.

DaGetHighKnight
07-23-2007, 06:03 AM
I'm not sure I want to get into the business of selling customized titles though. OOOOHHHH...the internal conflict.

:mad:

Ryan Walsh
07-23-2007, 07:47 AM
I prefer chili dogs given the choice. If you're gonna go, go all out.

And congrats on the courses, denny!

dEnny!
07-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I prefer chili dogs given the choice. If you're gonna go, go all out.

And congrats on the courses, denny!

Have you ever had a Stewart's Hot Dog from Ashland, KY or Huntington, WV?

Those rock! It's not really a chili dog per se, but they have a great sauce.

dEnny!
08-01-2007, 05:40 AM
WooHoo! The last core class is done and I got a B. All I need is a B for my mBa. :D

I took an Incomplete in my other class, no way I was getting that paper done so I'm going to work on it before the fall semester starts so I can get that class over with early enough it won't impact my fall class.

And then it's OVER!

KingMob
08-01-2007, 05:44 AM
You are getting a masters in what? Power hungry mod tactics?

dEnny!
08-01-2007, 05:50 AM
You are getting a masters in what? Power hungry mod tactics?

MWUH HA HAH HA!

No, why? :innocent:

Jamie S. Rich
08-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Congrats, Denny!

Jef UK
08-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Hot dog!

silverboy
08-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I have my summer class. Absolutely no motivation to do any work.

dEnny!
08-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Congrats, Denny!

Thanks. I'm reading your blog about your con experience. Jealous that Pope was there.

chazbot
08-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Congrats, I am one week away from finishing classes and having my Master's... talk about a crazy long term, on your own battle. I think the final courses are the toughest cause you already know what's being taught to you and are just ready for it to end.

dEnny!
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
I finished my last paper, just turned in the group paper, scored a 92 on the last quiz and only have one quiz and a final left.

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!

If I can get a paper done for my other class I'll only have one class left for my MBA. (Though I may have to take an I and work on it this fall.)

I can not wait to be over!

Well this is embarrassing. So I took an I in that summer class. I attempted to retake it in the fall along with another course to finish up, but my wife and I suffered a personal loss that threw me in a tailspin and I wound up flaking out that semester and took two "E's," which is failing.

I took some time off, school just didn't seem important, but I did finally go back to take a class, because I wasn't honoring the memory of our loss appropriately, in the Summer of 2008 to get back on track completing 33 of the required 36 hours. No classes available in the fall for me to take. I signed up for a spring class, but we had a baby in February 2009 and I asked the professor to give me an incomplete and allow me to make it up in the fall, we must have got our wires crossed because he gave me a "U," which counted against me, which I didn't find out until later.

Stuck on 33 I signed up again for another class in the Fall of 2009, which finished me up...or so I thought. Even though I had 36 completed credit hours and a 3.5 cumulative GPA I didn't realize that the U I received hurt my GPA as did the two failing grades in the Fall of 2007. I was like THOSE ARE ELECTIVES! But since my institutional GPA was below 3.0 no graduation for me. I worked the spring of 2010 to try and clean up my transcript and was able to get a medical withdrawal for one of my classes, the one I got a "U" in, which raised my institutional GPA to a 2.92. Seriously I was short of the GPA by 0.08!

So with no other option I had to sign up for another class to raise my GPA, which I finally could do in the Fall of 2010 (since I was past the required classes the electives weren't always offered and was at the mercy of the schedule). I needed an A to raise my GPA, I couldn't retake one of the classes I got an E in because they weren't offered, AND on top of that if I didn't get an A the 6 credit hours that I transferred in were going to expire. Unfortunately, the class was all group assignments and my group went on hiatus a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving to focus on other classes...we got a B. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

So I had to retake one of my classes that I got an E in. Good news was that fall class kept me at the 33 mark even with the transferred 6 credit hours expiring. Unfortunately, neither class was offered in the spring. A little frustrating, but I got good news when I found out it one was offered this summer. I jumped on it! I get to replace my grade in just 8 weeks and FINALLY be done.

So after ALL this typing, I get to the point. The 8 weeks are over. I participated in every assignment and turned in my FINAL position paper this past Wednesday.

I AM DONE! Just waiting to hear what grade I get, but as long as its a C or higher I achieve my needed Institutional GPA. I filed my application for degree and should hear something in a week or two about my graduation and in about 6 weeks should get my MBA diploma.

Long journey. I think I enjoyed being able to say I was a student and get that discount at the movies. I faltered there near the finish line, but picked myself up and persevered and got it done!

I started this program in the Fall of 2004!

CapnChaos
07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw86PIIT8Rw&feature=player_detailpage

Congrats, Denny!

dougmac
07-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Well this is embarrassing. So I took an I in that summer class. I attempted to retake it in the fall along with another course to finish up, but my wife and I suffered a personal loss that threw me in a tailspin and I wound up flaking out that semester and took two "E's," which is failing.

I took some time off, school just didn't seem important, but I did finally go back to take a class, because I wasn't honoring the memory of our loss appropriately, in the Summer of 2008 to get back on track completing 33 of the required 36 hours. No classes available in the fall for me to take. I signed up for a spring class, but we had a baby in February 2009 and I asked the professor to give me an incomplete and allow me to make it up in the fall, we must have got our wires crossed because he gave me a "U," which counted against me, which I didn't find out until later.

Stuck on 33 I signed up again for another class in the Fall of 2009, which finished me up...or so I thought. Even though I had 36 completed credit hours and a 3.5 cumulative GPA I didn't realize that the U I received hurt my GPA as did the two failing grades in the Fall of 2007. I was like THOSE ARE ELECTIVES! But since my institutional GPA was below 3.0 no graduation for me. I worked the spring of 2010 to try and clean up my transcript and was able to get a medical withdrawal for one of my classes, the one I got a "U" in, which raised my institutional GPA to a 2.92. Seriously I was short of the GPA by 0.08!

So with no other option I had to sign up for another class to raise my GPA, which I finally could do in the Fall of 2010 (since I was past the required classes the electives weren't always offered and was at the mercy of the schedule). I needed an A to raise my GPA, I couldn't retake one of the classes I got an E in because they weren't offered, AND on top of that if I didn't get an A the 6 credit hours that I transferred in were going to expire. Unfortunately, the class was all group assignments and my group went on hiatus a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving to focus on other classes...we got a B. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!

So I had to retake one of my classes that I got an E in. Good news was that fall class kept me at the 33 mark even with the transferred 6 credit hours expiring. Unfortunately, neither class was offered in the spring. A little frustrating, but I got good news when I found out it one was offered this summer. I jumped on it! I get to replace my grade in just 8 weeks and FINALLY be done.

So after ALL this typing, I get to the point. The 8 weeks are over. I participated in every assignment and turned in my FINAL position paper this past Wednesday.

I AM DONE! Just waiting to hear what grade I get, but as long as its a C or higher I achieve my needed Institutional GPA. I filed my application for degree and should hear something in a week or two about my graduation and in about 6 weeks should get my MBA diploma.

Long journey. I think I enjoyed being able to say I was a student and get that discount at the movies. I faltered there near the finish line, but picked myself up and persevered and got it done!

I started this program in the Fall of 2004!
At least you're done. I start my MBA program in September, but it is a very structured 21 month process so it wont let me drag like I did getting my BS.

dEnny!
07-29-2011, 05:48 AM
Congrats, Denny!

Thanks, it will feel good to get that piece of paper in the mail.

My wife starts her Master's program this fall.

dEnny!
07-29-2011, 05:48 AM
At least you're done. I start my MBA program in September, but it is a very structured 21 month process so it wont let me drag like I did getting my BS.

That's true! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and graduation.

dougmac
07-29-2011, 08:28 AM
That's true! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and graduation.

Thanks, and I somehow forgot before : Congrats to you!

cPol
07-29-2011, 08:45 AM
I wish I had the drive and discipline to get a degree.

Congrats!

CapnChaos
07-29-2011, 09:03 AM

Can I get one? I want "Man in Black." :D

cPol
07-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Can I get one? I want "Man in Black." :D

That kind, generous soul who was handing out titles all willy nilly was 2007 dEnny. 2011 dEnny is a bitter, dessicated, husk of a man beaten down by nearly half a decade of rampant comic forum douchebaggery.

dEnny!
08-02-2011, 08:05 PM
That kind, generous soul who was handing out titles all willy nilly was 2007 dEnny. 2011 dEnny is a bitter, dessicated, husk of a man beaten down by nearly half a decade of rampant comic forum douchebaggery.

Nailed it!

dEnny!
08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I got an A in my class!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I hope to have my MBA Diploma in 4-6 weeks.

CapnChaos
08-02-2011, 08:07 PM

:cry:

Oh well. Congrats anyway, Denny. It's quite an achievement. :) Always nice to see a Bruce Campbell fan succeed.

dEnny!
08-02-2011, 08:12 PM
:cry:

Oh well. Congrats anyway, Denny. It's quite an achievement. :) Always nice to see a Bruce Campbell fan succeed.

One day you might just get that title.

If I wasn't off to bed...it might have been tonight. I usually wind up giving these out when I'm in a good mood, joking around on the board, so maybe remind me one day.

CapnChaos
08-02-2011, 08:19 PM
One day you might just get that title.

If I wasn't off to bed...it might have been tonight. I usually wind up giving these out when I'm in a good mood, joking around on the board, so maybe remind me one day.

Hot damn! Cuddle up with the wife and enjoy some sleep, boy-o.

dEnny!
08-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Hot damn! Cuddle up with the wife and enjoy some sleep, boy-o.

At my own risk! She is working tomorrow morning so has to get up around 5:30am...I touch her, I might not see daylight. :p

Phantom Eagle
08-02-2011, 08:47 PM
OK, I know this thread was started a long time ago but:

A) I can't believe nobody mentioned ketchup in the entire thread

B) dENNY! said HOT DOG! and new favorite member on the first page and I'm still chuckling

and

C) Congrats on the degree, the kid, the wife who gets up at 5:30 AM to go to work (mine does too), everything

D) Oh yeah and thanks for putting up with a decade of comic book fanboy message board moderated douchebaggery

dEnny!
08-05-2011, 04:12 PM
OK, I know this thread was started a long time ago but:

A) I can't believe nobody mentioned ketchup in the entire thread

B) dENNY! said HOT DOG! and new favorite member on the first page and I'm still chuckling

and

C) Congrats on the degree, the kid, the wife who gets up at 5:30 AM to go to work (mine does too), everything

D) Oh yeah and thanks for putting up with a decade of comic book fanboy message board moderated douchebaggery

:nerd: thanks?

:D

I got a letter from the University confirming I graduated on Friday. Unfortunately, it said 9-12 weeks for the diploma. I'm hoping they're just pushing it out so when it comes in 6 I'll be ecstatic it arrived early.

Phantom Eagle
08-05-2011, 08:55 PM

I got a letter from the University confirming I graduated on Friday. Unfortunately, it said 9-12 weeks for the diploma. I'm hoping they're just pushing it out so when it comes in 6 I'll be ecstatic it arrived early.

I raise my cup of tea to your success.

CapnChaos
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM

Under-promise and over-deliver. Basic customer service tactic.

dEnny!
08-06-2011, 07:13 PM
What do you all do with your diplomas/degrees?

I have some who frame and display.

I'm more of the put in an envelope in a drawer kind of guy.

dougmac
08-06-2011, 08:12 PM
same as you, but if I had a cool office I might frame it and display it

dEnny!
09-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I received my diploma in the mail yesterday.