PDA

View Full Version : Cheney to take over as president

Roger
07-20-2007, 09:57 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070720164829.e199bjss&show_article=1

US President George W. Bush will undergo a "routine colonoscopy" at the Camp David retreat on Saturday, temporarily ceding his powers to Vice President Dick Cheney, the White House said Friday.

Cheney will serve as acting president until such time as Bush, who will be under anesthesia, says he is ready to resume his duties, presidential spokesman Tony Snow told reporters.

"The president has had no symptoms" of cancer, said Snow, who noted that Bush had been scheduled for such an examination since undergoing a colonoscopy in June 2002.

DAVE
07-20-2007, 09:58 AM
That's cute. It's almost as if Cheney hasn't been running the country for the last 7 years.

Roger
07-20-2007, 09:59 AM
That's cute. It's almost as if Cheney hasn't been running the country for the last 7 years.

bwahahahahahaha

good point, good point.....

DAVE
07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm actually kinda worried about Bush, everytime the White House press corps says something will go well and is nothing to worry about, it goes horribly for a really long time.

These Bush jokes doing anything for ya?

NickT
07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
He did this in 2002, and we all survived :)

gibbEy
07-20-2007, 10:02 AM
He did this in 2002, and we all survived :)

Many didn't! And won't this time!

In 2002, Cheney ate 14 babies while in power. :(

DAVE
07-20-2007, 10:04 AM
"Colonoscopy"?
I thought they already got rid of Powell. Tip your waitress, thanks, I'll be here all night!

Whip
07-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but how long does it take to recover from a routine colonoscopy?

I need to know how much food to stock in my Flanders-esque bomb shelter..

Foolish Mortal
07-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Many didn't! And won't this time!

In 2002, Cheney ate 14 babies while in power. :(
And shot 30 people in the face. In. The. Face!

DAVE
07-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Nothing like a good ol routine colonoscopy to get the Dick in!

You guys are great.

gibbEy
07-20-2007, 10:10 AM
And shot 30 people in the face. In. The. Face!

WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!?!?!?!??!?!

MIKE D
07-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but how long does it take to recover from a routine colonoscopy?

In his defense, it took Bush longer to recover than most people because the doctor's mistakenly inserted the colonoscope in his mouth.

Colby
07-20-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd think a colonoscopy on Bush would be hard since he's so full of shit.

On the other hand, I'm glad they're doing this. If we wanna know why Bush is such an ass-hole, might as well go straight to the source.

*Looks at David the Mighty* What, do you work alone?

Foolish Mortal
07-20-2007, 10:14 AM
In his defense, it took Bush longer to recover than most people because the doctor's mistakenly inserted the colonoscope in his mouth.
And they had a hard time getting the scope past a big hunk of pretzel.

James Patrick
07-20-2007, 10:16 AM
One scenario: soon as Bush is under, Cheney runs to the senate, declares an emergency session, chages the constitution and has himself declared Emperor.

Two scenario: In a brilliant stroke, Nancy Peloci, upon the second Bush is under, has Cheney assassanited and gains presidential control, and in two hours, pulls the troops out of Iraq, declares stem cell research will recieve the most money for research, and has anne coulter arrested.

Whip
07-20-2007, 10:19 AM

:lol:

I :heart: this thread.

Ethan Van Sciver
07-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I guess he's got to get the Democrats out of his ass. Dick Cheney will do a magnificent job for the weekend. Or whatever.

NickT
07-20-2007, 10:23 AM

I need to know how much food to stock in my Flanders-esque bomb shelter..
I think it'd just be while Bush is unable to lead, not to recover fully.

So, Cheney in charge for a bit over a year?

Evan Wiener
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I guess he's got to get the Democrats out of his ass. Dick Cheney will do a magnificent job for the weekend. Or whatever.

I know! Man, what the Administration could accomplish for our country if it weren't for those DAMN PESKY checks and balances of power:

- Health care would be more affordable for all!

- Free markets would allow for self-sustenance of business (except, y'know, the loads of cash they give Amtrak, the airlines, GM, and other businesses that can't get their shit together).

- The Great Wall of America will be built along the southern border (and we might as well do the same to those hockey pucks to the north. I don't trust 'em either.).

- All news would be good news (because it would be Fox News, I guess?). Fair and balanced because of the selfless politicians we trust!

- Businesses from around the country, unhindered by strict EPA standards, would have revenue to feed Africa.

- Enron would be back in business, supporting our country.

- Bin Laden's head on a pike for all to see that these colors don't run! Git 'er done!

Man, what a beautiful world we'd live in. If only it were a one-party system... for shame, progressive people who believe in liberty. For shame for making life difficult for not only the White House, but for all of us. :nonono2:

Would that be Earth-R in the DCU? Is that the universe where the Guardians lost and Parralax rules by fear? Dude, Ethan, write/draw that shit. I would honestly buy it immediately. :)

Ryan Elliott
07-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Hmmm.

So this must be what it felt like for the people of the Marvel Universe when Galactus showed up.

MACK!
07-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm actually kinda worried about Bush, everytime the White House press corps says something will go well and is nothing to worry about, it goes horribly for a really long time.

These Bush jokes doing anything for ya?

If you e-mail that to Leno or Letterman, you'll probably get it on the air.

Ethan Van Sciver
07-21-2007, 04:08 AM
I know! Man, what the Administration could accomplish for our country if it weren't for those DAMN PESKY checks and balances of power:

- Health care would be more affordable for all!

- Free markets would allow for self-sustenance of business (except, y'know, the loads of cash they give Amtrak, the airlines, GM, and other businesses that can't get their shit together).

- The Great Wall of America will be built along the southern border (and we might as well do the same to those hockey pucks to the north. I don't trust 'em either.).

- All news would be good news (because it would be Fox News, I guess?). Fair and balanced because of the selfless politicians we trust!

- Businesses from around the country, unhindered by strict EPA standards, would have revenue to feed Africa.

- Enron would be back in business, supporting our country.

- Bin Laden's head on a pike for all to see that these colors don't run! Git 'er done!

Man, what a beautiful world we'd live in. If only it were a one-party system... for shame, progressive people who believe in liberty. For shame for making life difficult for not only the White House, but for all of us. :nonono2:

Would that be Earth-R in the DCU? Is that the universe where the Guardians lost and Parralax rules by fear? Dude, Ethan, write/draw that shit. I would honestly buy it immediately. :)

That's some fucking tasty crazy there, Evan. Is anyone watching you to make sure you are taking your meds?

:mistrust:

Shwicaz
07-21-2007, 04:15 AM
US President George W. Bush will undergo a "routine colonoscopy" at the Camp David retreat on Saturday, temporarily ceding his powers to Vice President Dick Cheney, the White House said Friday.

isn't this normally done in a medical setting? (i.e. clinic/hospital, etc.)

when they say that he is undergoing a 'routine colonoscopy' at camp david, it just makes it sound like Laura is going to get drunk and break out the dildo again and give George W. the ride of his life. :moon:

edited to add: I can just imagine him bent over a table yelling "STAY THE COURSE, LAURA! STAY THE COURSE!!!!!1....."

stevapalooza
07-21-2007, 04:39 AM
It's not a colonoscopy. They're going deep into Bush's ass to see if they can finally remove his head from it.

Evan Wiener
07-24-2007, 08:13 AM
That's some fucking tasty crazy there, Evan. Is anyone watching you to make sure you are taking your meds?

:mistrust:

Well my sinuses are pretty clear. Why? :o)